MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the Q52/53 SBS delayed then? I thought the MTAB artics were for that...

They are. Lol. No official statement has been made by the MTA or the DOT, however, I am 100% sure it will not happen this fall as planned... That’s next month. None of the logistics are complete, and the first bus hasn’t even been built yet. That spells Fall 2018 to me. Why they haven’t said anything I don’t know.

The only way this project will move forward is if the 53 bus order is accelerated and begins this month..... It’s possible, but it’s gonna take Jesus to make that happen!

Is MTA just holding onto the RTS for good? 2030 and we still got them. Unless they start catching on fire, we keep them in service. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

2030?? Lol.

Is MTA just holding onto the RTS for good? 2030 and we still got them. Unless they start catching on fire, we keep them in service. LOL

A 33 year old RTS?

I would say that the next round of bus orders in the 2020s should have Detroit Diesel Series. We need buses with these to compete and compare what engine sounds better.

We have an artic order update, as well as a Bus Company future fleet update. MTA will NOT exercise all the options for this order leaving the rest for the future. Also note the fleet numbers are tentative and not conformed. As aleays any and everuthing is subject to change pending final approval.

New Flyer XD60 (108) 6126-6233

New Flyer XDE60 (10) Fleet numbers unknown

NovaBus LFSA (72) 5531-5602

Thw Bus Company base order for 25 Standard diesel buses has been pushed back to 2020. Current plans call for 9 more RTS to MTAB pending as we speak. All should be transferred by years end. In 2018 TA plans to send over 8 more RTS. 2019 plans call for 24 2005 OG hybrids to be transferred.

The option for 53 buses is expected to be exercised in short order and will follow the TA order. I am being told the lead bus however will not be that, yet indeed a pilot which pushes everything back to a 2018/19 delivery. This will depend on finalization of the contract and issuance of a Notice To Proceed date. Tentative number will likely change to 6234-6286

Great reporting on this.

However, for the Nova order will 5439-5530* TENTATIVE be delivered before the 5531-5602 order. I know as of right now everything is not set in stone yet. There's just so many delays with the order. Hopefully we know something soon.

Will 6126 be ready before the end of this year or early next year and will we see some Brooklyn depots participate with this next artic order.

They are. Lol. No official statement has been made by the MTA or the DOT, however, I am 100% sure it will not happen this fall as planned... That’s next month. None of the logistics are complete, and the first bus hasn’t even been built yet. That spells Fall 2018 to me. Why they haven’t said anything I don’t know.

The only way this project will move forward is if the 53 bus order is accelerated and begins this month..... It’s possible, but it’s gonna take Jesus to make that happen!

2030?? Lol.

do i have permission to post it to another group and refer to you as my source in the TA (will not divulge your name) if someone asks the who what when where why and hows 

Great reporting on this.

However, for the Nova order will 5439-5530* TENTATIVE be delivered before the 5531-5602 order. I know as of right now everything is not set in stone yet. There's just so many delays with the order. Hopefully we know something soon.

Will 6126 be ready before the end of this year or early next year and will we see some Brooklyn depots participate with this next artic order.

Let's wait until the next artic orders are finalizing before we talk about when they are scheduled to arrive and the actual fleet numbers, which are not confirmed. Check the first page of this thread for a basic overview. A detailed overview is coming tomorrow. We barely have assignments for the buses we have coming in now so talking about when and where the next order will go is a bit premature. It's a given Brooklyn will get Artics. The Question is if it will be new equipment or not.

Thanks for pointing out the fleet typo. I made an edit in the OP.

Now why exactly would an option order arrive before a base order? Lol

do i have permission to post it to another group and refer to you as my source in the TA (will not divulge your name) if someone asks the who what when where why and hows

I would prefer you link it rather than repost it.

A 33 year old RTS?

I would say that the next round of bus orders in the 2020s should have Detroit Diesel Series. We need buses with these to compete and compare what engine sounds better.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile

MTA/NYCT does not order a certain kind of engine in new buses in accordance as to how the engine sounds.  Rather, it is done accordance to performance, cost and how "clean" the engine performs.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

Just out of curiosity, for the XD40 order do we have any idea what the delivery order will be and how many buses each depot is getting?

I have an idea of how many buses each depot would get based on what was said in the past + a little bit of speculation. Of course don't take this too serious:

XD40:

Ulmer Park (71)

Flatbush (75)

East New York (57)

Grand Avenue (35)

Fresh Pond (50)

Casey Stengel (55)

Quill (24)

LFS:

Jamaica (52)

Queens Village (26)

Kingsbridge (60)

Gun Hill (50)

Yukon (63)

I have an idea of how many buses each depot would get based on what was said in the past + a little bit of speculation. Of course don't take this too serious:

XD40:

Ulmer Park (71)

Flatbush (75)

East New York (57)

Grand Avenue (35)

Fresh Pond (50)

Casey Stengel (55)

Quill (24)

LFS:

Jamaica (52)

Queens Village (26)

Kingsbridge (60)

Gun Hill (50)

Yukon (63)

MTA Bus is included in that XD40 order.

63 for Yukon? I'm curious as to if the Orion VII 3GS (7000s), would stay at Castleton? IMO, they should do a 45/45 or 40/50 split between CAS/YUK. Let the Orion's be used on the S53/93 and S79 respectively. Keep the LFS on the island. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

63 for Yukon? I'm curious as to if the Orion VII 3GS (7000s), would stay at Castleton? IMO, they should do a 45/45 or 40/50 split between CAS/YUK. Let the Orion's be used on the S53/93 and S79 respectively. Keep the LFS on the island. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 buses for the S53/93 (not counting other LFS with bike racks), then 38 for the S79. That sounds like a good idea. Edited by ShadeJay

XD40:

Ulmer Park (71)

Flatbush (75)

East New York (57)

Grand Avenue (35)

Fresh Pond (50)

Casey Stengel (55)

Quill (24)

LFS:

Jamaica (52)

Queens Village (26)

Kingsbridge (60)

Gun Hill (50)

Yukon (63)

KB doesn't need 60 LFS buses, it only needs 50, GH needs 60. Plus, it's getting LFSAs from WF when their XN60s pop in starting next month. There will be a surplus of buses heading to both KB & GH. As for JG, they're predicted to get 30 for B35, send a handful of C40LFs to WF to replace the remainder of 07s, while WF's version replaces the D60HFs and sends LFSAs elsewhere.

XD40s: Grand Ave should get 45 along with their version of the XD60s that replaces their older buses. ENY should add 1 more to their roster, since they got the bulk of the 4900s (2 of them came with the mid 9000 series RTS buses). If CS is getting 55 buses, how many NXG buses has to be displaced?

Would these new orders be coming with the State of The Art livery?

"Naw!!!! They're coming in a two tone blue scheme" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pending cancel due to the fact that we will have new diesel buses by then, and the fact that the XDE40's will be rolling in by then as well.

MTA is also reserving RTS and OG hybrids for the shuttle as well.

New fleet plans:

9 Novas from TA to bus this year

8 Novas to bus next year

17 Artics to GA, required for the Bushwick Crosstown SBS next year.

So MQ isn't gonna be getting those artics after after the M shuttle is over after all?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

So MQ isn't gonna be getting those artics after after the M shuttle is over after all?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Well, seeing as they are either not going to make it to the shuttle, OR will be implemented into Phase 2 of reconstruction next month, we will just have to see what happens for now. I'm hearing they may throw some on the route next pick. However, for the time being these buses have "floating assignments." They will basically be used where needed until the M15S gets ready to go online. After that they will go to ENY, and Quill will get new buses. This of course is subject to change as the LFSA's come in. They should already be implemented into the Bronx and Manhattan fleets. That's a whole different topic of discussion, and this delivery is going to be interesting.

XDE40. They are getting the hybrid version.

BTW, ENY would you happen to know if they are still sticking with Hanover signs for all these orders?

I haven't seen the specs on any buses after the XN60's and LFSA's. Luminator should be off punishment soon. May see some split orders in the future. We just have to wait and see. It all depends on how MTA feels about the current and future technical evaluations. Hanover signs are really good and have GREAT warranties.