MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea where the newly announced artic option orders will assigned orther than eny for than b82sbs and b15?

We haven't even finished delivery of this order and the LFSA's haven't even started arriving. It's way too soon to tell what is going where on the next order.

And EN isn't stated for any new artics as of right now. Last I checked the tentative plans call for them getting 4700's for the B15 and 6100's from Quill after the M14S. The B82S is taken care of, and Artics plans for the B15 have not been officially made.

We haven't even finished delivery of this order and the LFSA's haven't even started arriving. It's way too soon to tell what is going where on the next order.

And EN isn't stated for any new artics as of right now. Last I checked the tentative plans call for them getting 4700's for the B15 and 6100's from Quill after the M14S. The B82S is taken care of, and Artics plans for the B15 have not been officially made.

thanks 

The XN40's have always been a temporary solution until the XN60's come in for West Farms.

The RTS Extreme low floor has always been and remains on the table. There is just no funding for it, and MTA wants 8 pilots, 22 test buses, then 60 final configuration test buses. MTS can afford to do that. MTA maintains the position that they want the buses, however they will NOT except all 90 at the same time for test and evaluation purposes.

As far as the Nova LFSA base order, I am being told that in addition to the implementation of the new standard colors, there was a last minute spec change. If appears to be the doors, however the full details have not been confirmed. These buses may end up coming with Slide-Glide doors like the ones seen on 5311.

Edited by East New York

As far as the Nova LFSA base order, I am being told that in addition to the implementation of the new standard colors, there was a last minute spec change. If appears to be the doors, however the full details have not been confirmed. These buses may end up coming with Slide-Glide doors like the ones seen on 5311.

Ah, that makes sense...

Any chance the XN60's for the Bx6 SBS come with inward opening doors? The XD60s on the Q44 with outward opening doors are a wee bit clumsy for SBS imo,

Ah, that makes sense...

Any chance the XN60's for the Bx6 SBS come with inward opening doors? The XD60s on the Q44 with outward opening doors are a wee bit clumsy for SBS imo,

It may be, but it actually kind of helps in passenger flow IMO. It hints to passengers getting off before others get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, that makes sense...

After checking out 5311 today, I think sliding doors is the best option. From the way it looks, there is no easy way to keep the door open without being in the way of the doors + it may be easier to keep fare evaders from evading the fares.

Also I heard there are a handful more buses like 5311, not counting the future order. Unless I'm mistaken.

They should have operator only control door control for non SBS buses only, not them yellow taped doors. It makes them a target for fare evaders to go thru the back when buses are crowded. A buzzer indicates that there are people entering or exiting buses thru the back, as the doors are automatic set to close. SBS buses, as you said, should be equipped with slide doors

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app