MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

1019 is built at New Flyer's facility in Alabama (photo: Kristain Baty)

IIRC this will be Gleason's test bus

According to people in the comments, it'll be on the :bus_bullet_b35: with appearances on the :bus_bullet_b8: and :bus_bullet_b63:.

Those headlights... something different right?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1019 is built at New Flyer's facility in Alabama (photo: Kristain Baty)

IIRC this will be Gleason's test bus

According to people in the comments, it'll be on the :bus_bullet_b35: with appearances on the :bus_bullet_b8: and :bus_bullet_b63:.

Nice catch. Similar to what NICE has now but we will see how it performs on the streets of Crooklyn. Since it's the first time that JG is seeing artics on their roster. My questions is are drivers are qualified to drive artics as opposed to standards?

22490149_10208727527180627_4400200549669

Edited by FLX9304

46 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Nice catch. Similar to what NICE has now but we will see how it performs on the streets of Crooklyn. Since it's the first time that JG is seeing artics on their roster. My questions is are drivers are qualified to drive artics as opposed to standards?

I don't think all of them are. 6110 was at Gleason for a while doing route & operator training.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

The plan went under.

Im glad it did. They would be useless after the "L train" shuttle is over & done with. Plus these guys would have been past their prime once that move was made, even if the entire 200 buses was used up.

1 hour ago, MetroTransitTee said:

Has Jackie Gleason even received any of their XN60's yet?

No, they have not.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:41 PM, FLX9304 said:

My question is for ENY: What happened to the numbering system that i saw it changed from 1300s to 0010s for the new buses that is scheduled to arrive next month?

The 00XX series is normally used for lease/demo buses, which si what these XE40s and Proterras are, hence the renumber. 

11 hours ago, KingNas said:

When do you guys suppose that the b35 will be changed to articulate ?

When the production buses are delivered.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Whatever happened to that Nova order that had 5439?  Did they lose the contract or what?  

No, it's just delayed. MTA made a couple spec changes and the last time I checked the wrap wasn't perfected yet. Even though the first bus has not gone into service, MTA has already awarded Nova an option for an additional 72 production buses. 

New fleet number update:

Base 5439-5530 2018 delivery, pilots due any day now.

Options 5531-5766 delivery completion 2019.

1 minute ago, East New York said:

No, it's just delayed. MTA made a couple spec changes and the last time I checked the wrap wasn't perfected yet. Even though the first bus has not gone into service, MTA has already awarded Nova an option for an additional 72 production buses. 

New fleet number update:

Weird... Seems like 5439 was out on the streets and then disappeared so fast.  I'm not sure how they even had a chance to test that bus out.

4 hours ago, East New York said:

New fleet number update:

What's the status on the XD40 order? Will we be seeing those buses in the next year or so? 

5 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The Novas are being built. A picture of 5450 is floating around.

Just that order is severely plagued with delays. However, good to know that the order is still moving on plus a next set of buses to come in 2019. I hope extra buses are coming with the base 92 bus order.