MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

6 hours ago, East New York said:

As many of you may have noticed, I updated the first page of this thread yesterday in preparation for some confirmation that we been waiting quite some time for. Now that it's in I will continue the rest of the updates throughout the day. 

Some notes to discus: As of right now we have conflicting fleet numbers for the XN60's and will have confirmation in the morning of whether or not they went back to 1000-1109. (I really hope it did)

All the buses currently on the B46SBS will be unwrapped, and replaced by 2018/2019 XD40's 7667-7714.

5468 is at GH for training. 

As far as JA going all LFS as originally planned, there is really no need right now seeing as the Depot will have many if not all buses transferred out during reconstruction.

Buses 9500 and 9506 are reported built and pending final audit inspection. At this time it is unconfirmed, but I have word that 9501-9505, and 9507-9510 are in fact already built. 

Last but not least, everything has been updated except the TTMG link to the official roster. New info on depot projects has been added, and old info has been updated. Thank you all for you patience. All assignments will be updated momentarily.

Is there a reason why the B46 SBS can’t use articulated buses? I’ve personally been on the B46 SBS in the mornings and by the time the buses leave Church Avenue, the buses are standing room only going northbound. In the southbound direction during the PM rush, it is also standing room only after leaving Eastern Parkway. Note: comment in question is in bold.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Is there a reason why the B46 SBS can’t use articulated buses? I’ve personally been on the B46 SBS in the mornings and by the time the buses leave Church Avenue, the buses are standing room only going northbound. In the southbound direction during the PM rush, it is also standing room only after leaving Eastern Parkway. Note: comment in question is in bold.

no room at dekalb to lay up.

44 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I don’t understand why they just don’t extend the sbs up to Williamsburg plaza? Is the ridership low going towards there? 

Too much congestion and also it would have to follow the B44SBS pattern from Bedford to the Bridge than follow the B44 sheepshead bound to B38 via Lafayette and return regular on Utica/Malcolm X/Reid. 

25 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I understand now when ENY said that the XD60s with the cuomo wrap aren’t where they are supposed to be. Based off of the update assignments. That just leaves me to wonder what would happen to the bus routes that have those buses recently deliever last year and previous? 

When are the 40 or so buses that are assigned to the Q52 and Q53 SBS routes going to move to their permanent assigned locations?

8 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

When are the 40 or so buses that are assigned to the Q52 and Q53 SBS routes going to move to their permanent assigned locations?

Time will tell. Just know none of the buses are at their depots. First page of the threat shows that they are Casey Stengel, Tuskegee Airmen, and ENY. But again time will tell when the buses will be transferred. 

P.S. I guess I answered my own question lol.

Lots of major updates on the books for discussion.

The first order of business: The Nova LFS order has now been acellerated. Delivery of pilots buses 8504-8507 are now scheduled for audit inspection, and immediate delivery. Official assignments are now pending. 

The lead pilots for the hybrid order are said to be in audit inspection but have slipped a bit in delivery time as most orders do. XDE40's 9500-9509 are now scheduled for audit inspection and immediate delivery as well, with all 10 buses scheduled to be on property no later than March 31st. 

The XN60 pilot should be wrapping up with delivery pending. In the meanwhile, we will not see anymore XD60's delivered until spring. This will allow for the LFSA's to make their way in and bump buses out to other areas, and for the XN60's to start displacing and retiring buses as well. Buy then, the MTA Bus order should be finalized, and B82SBS should be ready to go online. 

The first page was updated again and my request that the official bus number for the XN60 fleet be returned to 1000-1109 was granted! 😎🗽 Now the story of 1000 has long standing New Flyer history. Thanks MTA! 

On 2/10/2018 at 8:44 AM, JeremiahC99 said:

It can use them, however parking near DeKalb would be a major issue. It has been and is always under evaluation. However for the time being, standard buses will be used and they will get brand new ones soon.

22 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Time will tell. Just know none of the buses are at their depots. First page of the threat shows that they are Casey Stengel, Tuskegee Airmen, and ENY. But again time will tell when the buses will be transferred. 

P.S. I guess I answered my own question lol.

Yep! You just answered it! Lol. And I talk a bit about it above. So projected time for buses going to their permanent assignments is now Spring/Summer.

Edited by East New York

14 minutes ago, East New York said:

The first order of business: The Nova LFS order has now been acellerated. Delivery of pilots buses 8504-8507 are now scheduled for audit inspection, and immediate delivery. Official assignments are now pending. 

When will the pilot LFS bus go in service?

19 minutes ago, East New York said:

It can use them, however parking near DeKalb would be a major issue. It has been and is always under evaluation. However for the time being, standard buses will be used and they will get brand new ones soon.

How many buses are allowed to park at DeKalb Avenue at any given time?

1 hour ago, East New York said:

The XN60 pilot should be wrapping up with delivery pending. In the meanwhile, we will not see anymore XD60's delivered until spring. This will allow for the LFSA's to make their way in and bump buses out to other areas, and for the XN60's to start displacing and retiring buses as well. Buy then, the MTA Bus order should be finalized, and B82SBS should be ready to go online. 

Are they going to put artics on the B82 limited route before sbs goes live? I remember they did that with the B44. They had artics running on the limited route. I know they might have to complete street designs so they can turn easier but i just wonder sometimes. 

34 minutes ago, Ty24 said:

Thanks for the updated information ENY/The Real. Question? Excuse me if it has been answered or not confirmed. Is QV in no need of new fleet? The 6400s are the oldest and it would be nice if we got XD40s😁

Question has already been answered. The XD40 assignments does not include the New Flyer XD40s for QV. QV is likely to get the Nova bus LFS. Just got to wait for the assignments from ENY/The Real.

Ok, I'm not trying to sound mean or anything here, but some of you all are asking way too many questions, and way too often. Take those discussions to the Random Bus thoughts thread please or just try to be patient and wait. Usually when we post this stuff 80% of MTA employees I've repeatedly said when details are available they will be posted. 

Please don't ask questions like "when will something go into service." I just spent 3 days updating and I still have to do Subway, and Railroad updates to complete. When we know, one or both of us will post. It is EXTREMELY hard to keep up with what is going on across all agencies. The roster alone take up hours at time just to review, and when new buses are coming in there is a lot going on. 

So I please ask everyone, do not ask about when something will go into service. There were times of questions about 1020, 5439, 8504 and a few other new buses. Be patient please. It's not easy keeping track of all this information and answering the same questions over and over again or minor details that you can wait for until we get to that point.

I just found out today the LFS order is accelerated and what the process is. Is that not good enough? 

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

Are they going to put artics on the B82 limited route before sbs goes live? I remember they did that with the B44. They had artics running on the limited route. 

24 minutes ago, Ty24 said:

Thanks for the updated information ENY/The Real. Question? Excuse me if it has been answered or not confirmed. Is QV in no need of new fleet? The 6400s are the oldest and it would be nice if we got XD40s😁

The common theme is whatever is convenient Right now for how route changes are implemented. The B35 will go articulated with SBS only in the evaluation phase.

We won't know with the B82 or any other planned SBS routes until the time comes. 

QV is said to be in the books for XDE40's. We have 285 total coming. 10 pilots are pending delivery now to Grand Avenue and Zerega.

46 minutes ago, TofuRails said:

Question has already been answered. The XD40 assignments does not include the New Flyer XD40s for QV. QV is likely to get the Nova bus LFS. Just got to wait for the assignments from ENY/The Real.

I'm aware of that. I read the updated first page. I said "It would be nice if we got some😁." 

45 minutes ago, East New York said:

QV is said to be in the books for XDE40's. We have 285 total coming. 10 pilots are pending delivery now to Grand Avenue and Zerega.

Thanks again to you and The Real for sharing all of that information. Got it! I just was curious as to what QV was getting. As I do take note things are subject to change. 

17 minutes ago, Ty24 said:

Thanks again to you and The Real for sharing all of that information. Got it! I just was curious as to what QV was getting. As I do take note things are subject to change. 

You are more than welcome. With the last 96 XD40's having temporary assignments, and the LFS' assignments pending, anything could change. They will start retiring a few RTS and OG's with these orders and I would expect QV to get both LFS and XDE40's. JA Still may get LFS at some point unless they all are sent to the Bronx, SI, and QV. 

I also also looking into reports that CS could revert back to LFS/LFSA, and Flatbush could in term take CS's Xcelsior fleet. As of confirmation today, MTA wants ALL all SBS buses the be replaced with new ones. This new plan ultimately requires Flatbush to get a whole new fleet. Since they are getting more Xcelsiors and unwrapping the current ones, they may send Stengels XD60's over as well, unwrap the 5300's and give Stengel a batch out of the 5531+ lot of option buses.

8 hours ago, East New York said:

I also looking into reports that CS could revert back to LFS/LFSA, and Flatbush could in term take CS's Xcelsior fleet. As of confirmation today, MTA wants ALL all SBS buses the be replaced with new ones. This new plan ultimately requires Flatbush to get a whole new fleet. Since they are getting more Xcelsiors and unwrapping the current ones, they may send Stengels XD60's over as well, unwrap the 5300's and give Stengel a batch out of the 5531+ lot of option buses.

Direct swap for CS and Flatbush. This here makes sense. I believe this what we spoke about a while back and now I see what you mean in regards to maintenance aspect.  

Since most of the New Flyer parts are in Brooklyn/Queens and the LFS/LFSA parts are in the Bronx this totally makes sense. 

11 hours ago, East New York said:

Ok, I'm not trying to sound mean or anything here, but some of you all are asking way too many questions, and way too often. Take those discussions to the Random Bus thoughts thread please or just try to be patient and wait. Usually when we post this stuff 80% of MTA employees I've repeatedly said when details are available they will be posted. 

Please don't ask questions like "when will something go into service." I just spent 3 days updating and I still have to do Subway, and Railroad updates to complete. When we know, one or both of us will post. It is EXTREMELY hard to keep up with what is going on across all agencies. The roster alone take up hours at time just to review, and when new buses are coming in there is a lot going on. 

So I please ask everyone, do not ask about when something will go into service. There were times of questions about 1020, 5439, 8504 and a few other new buses. Be patient please. It's not easy keeping track of all this information and answering the same questions over and over again or minor details that you can wait for until we get to that point.

I just found out today the LFS order is accelerated and what the process is. Is that not good enough? 

The common theme is whatever is convenient Right now for how route changes are implemented. The B35 will go articulated with SBS only in the evaluation phase.

We won't know with the B82 or any other planned SBS routes until the time comes. 

Comment deleted.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth