MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

What's the hold up with the new Prevost X3-45s?

The actually has not been much of a hold up at all. After the initial audit inspection, a few options were looked at and the new configuration went ahead as planned. The Prevost procurement is a standard one like all MTA bus procurement plans prior to the current orders for New Flyer and Nova models. The X3-45 just recently completed the pilot phase and initial delivery had begun. Regular pilot phase testing has always been about a minimum of 6 months. After another audit inspection, delivery will slowly ramp up. The program is still on time and the last buses are scheduled to arrive in June of 2016 as planned. 

I got a question for Dante or whoever else knows... since 126th is not going to be replace, does that mean Jamaica will get rebuilt sooner than it was suppose to??

Phase 1 Construction of the Jamaica depot just began actually. This will be a major project through 2015-2015. As of today, the phase one planning will address the overall design of the depot, as well as the location and the amount of property the TA needs to purchase. As of right now, MTA has scouted a potential location which is said to be not too far from the current depot.

As of right now, It does not took like they are speeding things up. Once the MTA purchases the property and has a final firm design for the depot, they will create a construction timetable and we should know when the depot will open. I expect it to be around late 2017, early 2018

Hope next capital plan (MTA) can go back to ordering some MCI's.

I guess these Prevosts are not coming in at a rapid rate unlike the last order.

The last batch was a test fleet of only 90 buses, and therefore cannot be compared to a full production run that is more than 3 times the amount of the buses in service. You also have to remember that the order remains on schedule and initial delivery has always been due for completion in the summer of 2016. The progress and overall entry into service of these buses will be evaluated when the next procurement is planned.

• 1 month later...

I heard a rumor back in 2014 that the Q64 is changing depots again. Any news on that?

Hope next capital plan (MTA) can go back to ordering some MCI's.
I guess these prevosts are not coming in at a rapid rate unlike the last order.

What is there to replace? Or is it for a service increase?

I heard a rumor back in 2014 that the Q64 is changing depots again. Any news on that?

What is there to replace? Or is it for a service increase?

Last I heard, the Q64 is staying at Baisley for now. As for the Prevosts, they are replacing the older DL3s and the D4500s...pretty much every MCI with a green sign (NYCT Bus wise)

Last I heard, the Q64 is staying at Baisley for now. As for the Prevosts, they are replacing the older DL3s and the D4500s...pretty much every MCI with a green sign (NYCT Bus wise)

I remember them all running Orion V's. How comfortable was it? :P

• 2 months later...

*All updates have been made in the first post of this thread.

*All Orion V buses will be pulled from service by early 2016.

*The RTS Active and reserve fleet may increase to about 400-425 buses and is now expected to completely retire in 2019/2020. However, some of the older coaches will need to go as as soon as possible, as they have bulkhead cracks, and bad suspensions. (MTA) originally wanted to keep the best 72 Orion V's around until 2017, and now want to retire the remaining 279 as soon as possible. 71 have already been retired, and another 112 are expected to be retired by December. The remaining will be retired by Nova's, and if delivery gets back an track all the Orions could be retired the end of the year as well, but is more likely in early 2016

Eastchester depot has replaced all but one of their Orions with 5100 series RTS buses which are on loan until new buses are delivered, and other RTS' are permanently assigned.

In light of the new path, it is said that LaGuardia may not get any of the new Xcelsiors and they could all go to Eastchester, and JFK. The only other option would be to leave Easchester an all-RTS depot until the next order of buses comes in. 

Edited by East New York

Can someone send me a link to an updated bus depot roster that ttmg site doesn't work

Members of NYCTF update this roster frequently:

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

You may also check here for bus movements:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/20691-regional-bus-movestransfers/

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

That Google site roster is pretty good. It' not completely accurate, but good enough if you want a general idea of what is where. As of today, the Xcelsior roster is as follows: If its not on the list it may be at the satellite facility.

EN 7090-7113, 7115-7118

FL 7304, 7305, 7307, 7309-7325, 7327, 7329-7338, 7340-7350

FP 7255-7279

GA 7193-7217

UP 7140-7151, 7153-7166, 7168-7180

In mini-audit 7366

I knew LGA wasn't touching any of those new buses. As I said about a month or two ago I wouldn't have been surprised if JFK got them knowing that they are set to get XD60's. Guess I was right. I can see either 1999 Nova's moving to LGA to get rid of the old 1996's or Orion VII's actually could be both moving.

That Google site roster is pretty good. It' not completely accurate, but good enough if you want a general idea of what is where. As of today, the Xcelsior roster is as follows: If its not on the list it may be at the satellite facility.

EN 7090-7113, 7115-7118

FL 7304, 7305, 7307, 7309-7325, 7327, 7329-7338, 7340-7350

FP 7255-7279

GA 7193-7217

UP 7140-7151, 7153-7166, 7168-7180

In mini-audit 7366

FB also has 7306, 7326, 7328 and 7339

... and welcome back ENY.