MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

21 minutes ago, mrmallard said:

quick up date  how many  rts left  as 3/23/18

Check the bus roster.

1 hour ago, T J Trainman said:

I just got word that about 7 4900s from FLA are going to LGA. I’m not sure when yet.

15 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Its rumored that the 2005 orion VII's about 25 of them are going to mta bus to replace the 96 rts. FP getting like 20-25 xd40's, those would bump out 6490-6514 to mta bus if the rumors are true

Either one is good for my taste. I get that the 97-98s had distasteful wheelchair lifts, but it seems the 96s are just glued onto MTA bus and the system in general. Probably a legal issue or something besides the fact they are at least great to run that has them here for so long.

I complain about them lasting long, but this era is about to end many memories.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

If this rumor is true, then likely April or May if I had to guess. Doesn't make sense for any to leave Flatbush without getting any buses in return, unless they have a surplus that i'm not aware of.

As of right now. No surplus on buses at Flatbush.  However, they are due for new XD40's in May. So possibly hence the 7 buses possibly moving to LGA. 

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

As of right now. No surplus on buses at Flatbush.  However, they are due for new XD40's in May. So possibly hence the 7 buses possibly moving to LGA. 

Is Flatbush getting Jamaica Depot’s batch of new XD40’s? I thought Flatbush was supposed to get buses 7667-7714 for the SBS.

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

No assignments are 100% certain. Just where the buses will go is confirmed.

What is the difference between assignments and where the buses will go? If a bus is at a depot for quite a while I would assume that is its assignment until it gets another one. But hearing loans and so on just makes it seem like nothing is really permanently assigned. 

OK FOLKS CALM DOWN

All of the 1997-98 Novas are not retired.....There is still 4900 and 4901 (which is part of the build production of the 9350-9699 run and not the 4902-5249 run). 4900 was built in the production line after 9593 and 4901 was built in the production line after 9602.

NYMTA Depot Roster Updated as of 3/25/18 @ 10:02AM - http://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Depot_Summary

Fleet Summary Updated as well, we are down 9 buses fleet wide - http://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Fleet_Summary

On 3/22/2018 at 4:13 PM, Blitz said:

You sure you running the right pressure in your tires? Overfilled tires ride harder that properly filled tires.

Sure am, running the recommended pressure of between 105-110 psi for the tires on my bus. I do everything to the recommended spec on my personal bus. I plays no games with mines.

Goodyear commercial tires tend to be of a harder compound than the rest. Firestone commercials tend to ride the softest, especially the FS-Series tires, they ride like you're on a cloud, expensive as all f**k but I will eventually outfit my bus with nothing by Firestones.

Edited by The Real

17 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Is Flatbush getting Jamaica Depot’s batch of new XD40’s? I thought Flatbush was supposed to get buses 7667-7714 for the SBS.

Well they could always deliver out of order or move around the assignments.

Or maybe the RTS will be transferred in June/July.

Edited by Orion6025

1 hour ago, The Real said:

OK FOLKS CALM DOWN

All of the 1997-98 Novas are not retired.....There is still 4900 and 4901 (which is part of the build production of the 9350-9699 run and not the 4902-5249 run). 4900 was built in the production line after 9593 and 4901 was built in the production line after 9602.

NYMTA Depot Roster Updated as of 3/25/18 @ 10:02AM - http://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Depot_Summary

Fleet Summary Updated as well, we are down 9 buses fleet wide - http://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Fleet_Summary

Minor correction that needs to be done in roster.. 5190 from Grand Avenue to East New York. Bus has ENY decals and it's been in depot since Wednesday. 

17 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Well they could always deliver out of order or move around the assignments.

Or maybe the RTS will be transferred in June/July.

So that could mean that 7667 could be delivered first or 7484 and other buses can be transferred from Jamaica to Flatbush?

Ok let’s clear up some stuff. What was posted is not rumors, but rather actual plans. MTA official fleet plans which can change at any moment call for the following:

18 RTS (‘96) at Bus company through 2018 and to be retired in 2019. The current issue is will MTA retired some or all of the ‘96 units for ‘99’s. The only decrepancy is what RTS will be there but as of right now at least 18 will be there until the OG’s replace them. 

24 Orion Hybrids (‘05) to Bus from Transit scheduled for 2019. These buses will run for about a year and then retire. 

33 Orion Hybrids (‘06) to Bus to replace the buses above. All but 8 of these will retire in 2022 when the new 40 foot base order of 25 buses (which I previously mentioned would be pushed back) will all be in service. 

The first 33 of 53 artics for bus company are scheduled for next year. This means they still have a large 40 foot requirement because they aren’t replacing anything. They are just sending TA their buses back. 

As far as the new XD40's, the assignments are posted. So I'm not sure what the confusion is. This is nothing new when it comes to deliver order. If Flatbush and EN are the lead depots then it speaks for itself. But of course they can change anything if they want to. Just chill out, and wait and see. 

Edited by East New York

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Heads up: the XD40s should be getting ready for delivery soon. One unit in the 7600s is already built in the SBS scheme.

Is the bus number 7667 because last I recalled, buses 7667 to 7714 are supposed to be in the SBS scheme for the B46 SBS to bump the 47 2015 XD40’s off the B46 SBS?

1 hour ago, T J Trainman said:

Ok so where is it located?

9 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Is the bus number 7667 because last I recalled, buses 7667 to 7714 are supposed to be in the SBS scheme for the B46 SBS to bump the 47 2015 XD40’s off the B46 SBS?

7616 should be located at the JFK facility if I recall correctly. 9501 is also there as well for those interested in the XDEs.

4 minutes ago, East New York said:

It's in MTA poseesion. It's 7616 and yes it is in SBS livery. Both EN and FB are getting them. 7616 is an EN assignment. Possibly 7616-7626

The first 22 production buses are scheduled to begin delivery to EN and FB in about 3 weeks. 

That’s nice. Can’t wait to ride those new SBS buses. It may not be an articulated bus, but it’s a new bus nonetheless. 

By the way, this is a quick question: If the B82 SBS will start with 40 foot buses, then will get 17 XD60’s 6109-6125 later, and one Artic bus is is equal to 1.5 standard buses, then is it safe to assume that 25-26 buses are need for the service? I know we would have to wait and see, but I want get an idea on the amount of buses needed to handle such a busy service.

The delivery schedule and who gets what and when is on the first page of this thread. I see a few ppl asking me off-site how they are at 7600’s If JA is first. JA is not first. They will be delivered out of order as all New Flyer orders have been. Please reference the first page for the delivery schedule.

https://www.newflyer.com/2018/04/new-york-city-awards-new-flyer-contract-additional-108-xcelsior-60-transit-buses/

New York City awards New Flyer a contract for an additional 108 Xcelsior 60’ transit buses

April 9, 2018 | New Flyer

St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA – April 9, 2018: (TSX: NFI) New Flyer of America Inc. (“New Flyer”), the U.S. subsidiary of New Flyer Industries Inc. (“NFI Group”), the largest transit bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, today announced that the New York City Transit Authority (“NYCT”) has awarded New Flyer with another order for 108 Xcelsior® clean diesel sixty-foot, heavy-duty transit buses. This order adds 216 equivalent units to New Flyers firm order backlog.

“We are proud to continue to support the expansion of New York City’s transit bus fleet,” said Wayne Joseph, President of New Flyer of America. “As the demand for bus transit in New York City becomes greater over the coming year, New Flyer will be there to support NYCT with reliable, innovative, and safe transportation for the citizens of New York.”

NYCT and MTA Bus Company (together, “MTA”) comprise the largest transit agency in North America. NYCT serves an estimated 8.5 million citizens, and supports more than 60 million visitors annually.