MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

7 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

And even if they do go to East New York, aren't all 17 of those XD60 buses supposed to be for the B82 SBS, since they have high ridership to be an articulated route (8,709,875 annual riders in 2016)?

Well I did hear that the B82 is supposed to go Artic after it goes SBS but that's a long way away I think.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

What buses will FB get if the 46 converts to artic?..... Majority of the bus stops has been reconstructed for artic buses length....

Flatbush is getting 57 XD60 buses from the upcoming 108 bus order according to the first page of this thread. 38 will go to replacing the 38 LFSA buses for the B44 SBS, and 19 or so buses will go to the B46 SBS.

2 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Flatbush is getting 57 XD60 buses from the upcoming 108 bus order according to the first page of this thread. 38 will go to replacing the 38 LFSA buses for the B44 SBS, and 19 or so buses will go to the B46 SBS.

Good good.....

so the +46 will have both artic and the shorties on route?

22 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

the 44 only need  28 artics for peek school  service. 

Just now, limitednyc said:

the 44 only need  28 artics for peek school  service. 

But that is just providing service. You also need to have a spare factor in case buses break down, which is were the number 38 comes in. Using the peak number, this will mean that they will have 10 spare buses for the B44 SBS.

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

And even if they do go to East New York, aren't all 17 of those XD60 buses supposed to be for the B82 SBS, since they have high ridership to be an articulated route (8,709,875 annual riders in 2016)?

33 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

4 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

But that is just providing service. You also need to have a spare factor in case buses break down, which is were the number 38 comes in. Using the peak number, this will mean that they will have 10 spare buses for the B44 SBS.

Okay, so here's the problem with all this:

Firstly, those fleet assignments for the XD60's aren't fully updated, things have already changed and will change more before the buses are sent out. I'm not just saying that out the wind, both @East New York & @The Real have made it clear that there's changes with both the new XD60's and XD40's, and they'd fully release that information when the right time comes.

As I've been told however, ENY, as of right now, and what seems to be a permanent DOB decision (could be only temporary, but I was told permanent) isn't getting any articulated buses. 

Flatbush's 57-bus XD60 fleet, is supposed to include the 28 for peak B44 SBS service, 10 spares, and 19 buses for the B44 Local. That was the original plan, as I believe was mentioned in the forums by either @East New York or @The Real. Is that plan still moving forward? I'm not sure - since I don't have access to what they do, and the B46+ is now supposed to receive artics. However if it is, it would seem that those 17 artics slated for ENY would go to Flatbush instead for the B46+.

Note: In order for the entire B46 SBS to go artic, they'd only need 25 buses, that includes a generous amount of spares, on top of the 10 artic spares they have.

3 minutes ago, Rick44 said:

Firstly, those fleet assignments for the XD60's aren't fully updated, things have already changed and will change more before the buses are sent out. I'm not just saying that out the wind, both @East New York & @The Real have made it clear that there's changes with both the new XD60's and XD40's, and they'd fully release that information when the right time comes.

As I've been told however, ENY, as of right now, and what seems to be a permanent DOB decision (could be only temporary, but I was told permanent) isn't getting any articulated buses. 

Flatbush's 57-bus XD60 fleet, is supposed to include the 28 for peak B44 SBS service, 10 spares, and 19 buses for the B44 Local. That was the original plan, as I believe was mentioned in the forums by either @East New York or @The Real. Is that plan still moving forward? I'm not sure - since I don't have access to what they do, and the B46+ is now supposed to receive artics. However if it is, it would seem that those 17 artics slated for ENY would go to Flatbush instead for the B46+.

Note: In order for the entire B46 SBS to go artic, they'd only need 25 buses, that includes a generous amount of spares, on top of the 10 artic spares they have.

Since when was the B44 Local going artic? The B46 SBS was slated for 19 artics. Even then, if the B46 SBS were going entirely artic, which probably won't happen until a few more years, the actual number they would need, including spares, is 32, since one arctic is equal to 1.5 standards buses, and since they have 48 standards, and you divide by 1.5, then you get 32. So the B46 SBS won't go all artic yet.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:53 AM, The Real said:

More New Flyer Xcelsior News...

Preliminary Assignments for the 2019 New Flyer Xcelsior Articulated (XD60) fleet (#6126-6233) is Mother Clara Hale Depot (OF) for 51 buses to replace the current M15 +Select fleet which will push the 1200-Series & any 5000-Series Novas into local service and Flatbush (FB) for 57 buses to replace the current B44 +Select fleet and to convert the B46 +Select to articulated buses which will push the 5300-Series Novas into local service. First bus scheduled to arrive in January of 2019.

That is all the information available as of now, so any subsequent questions can not be answered as there is no more info at press time.

This is what they said back in May regarding that 108 Bus XD60 order.

38 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

that would be 28+4 =32 the 38 based on when peek requirements were 32.

Edited by limitednyc

Since when was the B44 Local going artic? The B46 SBS was slated for 19 artics. Even then, if the B46 SBS were going entirely artic, which probably won't happen until a few more years, the actual number they would need, including spares, is 32, since one arctic is equal to 1.5 standards buses, and since they have 48 standards, and you divide by 1.5, then you get 32. So the B46 SBS won't go all artic yet.

Said by @Rick44

How about you wait and be patient instead of being impatient and asking a million questions.....

Ok this is getting totally out of hand. When the either of us get the information it will be posted here. If anyone else gets to it before one of us, we will be sure to follow up. 

If the information is not on the first page of this thread then that means you all need to be patient. Again, many questions are asked that are on that page and have been for quite some time. A minor update us coming but for the most part things are the same. 

It takes time for a depot to become fully artic ready. It doesn’t happen over night, or in a few days, or in a couple months. This is obviously why 40 footers were slated to go to the 82 until all the logistics have been sorted out. 

By the time EN gets artics the assignments could have changed another 6 times. Things are not they way they used to be and fleet changes are made according to availability and logistics these days. 

14 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

Patience, people. Knowing the (MTA), nothing is set in stone.

I think, that this should have closed out my original statement.

I stand corrected @JeremiahC99, could've sworn I read otherwise, but okay.

Edited by Rick44

13 minutes ago, East New York said:

Ok this is getting totally out of hand. When the either of us get the information it will be posted here. If anyone else gets to it before one of us, we will be sure to follow up. 

If the information is not on the first page of this thread then that means you all need to be patient. Again, many questions are asked that are on that page and have been for quite some time. A minor update us coming but for the most part things are the same. 

It takes time for a depot to become fully artic ready. It doesn’t happen over night, or in a few days, or in a couple months. This is obviously why 40 footers were slated to go to the 82 until all the logistics have been sorted out. 

By the time EN gets artics the assignments could have changed another 6 times. Things are not they way they used to be and fleet changes are made according to availability and logistics these days. 

Same people asking the same questions over and over again.

18 hours ago, Rick44 said:

As of the most current information, the XD60s slated for Flatbush Depot are for replacements of the Novas on the B44 +selectbusservice and to expand artic operation to the B46 +selectbusservice. However, there will still be a small number of XD40s left behind in +select service.

1 hour ago, The Real said:

As of the most current information, the XD60s slated for Flatbush Depot are for replacements of the Novas on the B44 +selectbusservice and to expand artic operation to the B46 +selectbusservice. However, there will still be a small number of XD40s left behind in +select service.

Right, that's what I remember reading, but the locals I misread. Sorry about that.

So before you make assumptions, Listen for the updates. Many things that you don’t see (the Bx6SBS) doesn’t happen in one single shot. In Philadelphia it’s the same way. You take away some of the route runs and put it under a new route run. 

If the NYCTA/MTABC went LED on their local runs (FB0457, meaning B44’s driver run), that bus run would change to FB0497 for the B44SBS 

17 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

If the NYCTA/MTABC went LED on their local runs (FB0457, meaning B44’s driver run), that bus run would change to FB0497 for the B44SBS.

Let me not even act like I wouldn't foam if I saw that in real life, I don't do that much anymore cause I've seen most everything, but MTA needs to get to that level. I hope that's what they're working on heading toward the new Command Center.

Nice updates @East New York, but there are some things missing from this updated first post.

• XD60s 6099, 6101, 6105, 6115, 6119, 6031, 6096, 6098, 6100, 6102-6104, 6106-6109, 6111, 6113, 6117, 6123, 6125 (which are all at Quill) are missing from the updated assignments, even though all XD60 assignments are updated. What happened to those buses? I also like how the assignments have also taken into account the transfer of 8 XD40 buses from Casey Stengel Depot to LaGuardia Depot for extra Q53 SBS service (as if the Q52 wasn't important enough). Will this be the new practice every summer, even if the MTA BC XD60s come in?
  • Shouldn't the XN60 numbers for the last batch be 1054-1109, which is 56 buses? You have 1053 listed twice for both Gleason and West Farms.
  • The LFSA numbers (5439-5530), according to the TTMG roster, have 5468-5482 at Gun Hill, and all other buses at Quill. Shouldn't those numbers be like this:
    • 5439-5467 (29) - Mike Quill
    • 5468-5482 (15) - Gun Hill
    • 5483-5530 (48) - Mike Quill.

These are some of the things I found out when reading the front of this page.

Edited by East New York