MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

First off, I'm very sorry about that comment. I did not mean to cause any harm there.

Also, even if they were to go to Kingsbridge, keep in mind that there are currently 88 hybrids over there. Do you expect that all 88 hybrids would be displaced from Kingsbridge, and if so, where to?

In addition, why didn't they test them in Staten Island, especially on the S89 over the Bayonne Bridge? For Gods sake they just raised the damn roadway over there.

They may displace some of the hybrids but I higly doubt all will leave. 

They dont need to test them on the Bayonne bridge since they have the current carbon copy 2015s doing that run now. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

But didn't they raise the roadway on that bridge, and did it affect the performance of those buses?

The raising of the Bridge has nothing to do with Performance. The roadway was raised in a measured way, its not steep nor has to do with Vehicle performance.

5 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

The raising of the Bridge has nothing to do with Performance. The roadway was raised in a measured way, its not steep nor has to do with Vehicle performance.

Okay, as long as those buses can make it over the raised bridge. That's what matters.

22 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

on a facebook group someone posted that the ta is gonna sign off on ordering the D45 CRT LE'S and their source say it's true anyone can they back it up?

You sometimes cannot go with that unless if ENY sees it. Remember: the bus HAS to pass inspection, testing & endurance in order for the TA to officially sign into ordering that D45 CRT LEs. Don’t believe it until you know if it’s coming from those who has the knowledge 

19 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

You sometimes cannot go with that unless if ENY sees it. Remember: the bus HAS to pass inspection, testing & endurance in order for the TA to officially sign into ordering that D45 CRT LEs. Don’t believe it until you know if it’s coming from those who has the knowledge 

Thankfully Trevor @The Real told them no

39 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

It's been on the Bx6 SBS for the past week and a half...

I wasn't aware of that... all I did was comment on the fact that I saw the 1072 in SBS scheme and Before yesterday I thought 1000-1015 were the SBS scheme buses for the Bx6 SBS. But thanks for your clarification.

4 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Correct. That was a rumor. It is however a great chance MCI’s will be ordered. In addition, MTA would like to implement up to 37 Alexander-Dennis buses as well. We have to wait and see what the evaluation process leads us to. I would expect 257 D45 base order for Bus Company, possibly 12 for Transit, and 37 double deckers for a split base TA award. We will get into express evaluation soon as well.

1 hour ago, B22viaAtlanticAv said:

I wasn't aware of that... all I did was comment on the fact that I saw the 1072 in SBS scheme and Before yesterday I thought 1000-1015 were the SBS scheme buses for the Bx6 SBS. But thanks for your clarification.

1000 has not be delivered yet. 

And for those who wanted to know, the West Farms XN40’s did NOT have an SBS painted base. They are painted standard blue, and the SBS is/was a wrap. The NEW LFSA’s have a base paint of SBS blue. 

Also please note that as mentioned before, Gleason will not be fully artic ready until December. In the meanwhile and construction and modifications continue we will have Gleason buses loaned to West Farms. Starting with 1020, and 1021. The pilot buses 1016-1020 are the pilot buses and will come sporadically as always. 

7 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

They're always short. Hybrids dropping like flies

Looks like these hybrids are not suited for Queens. Run those old hybrids on high speed routes, and expect all of them to break. Can they repower them with the hybrid systems being tested on the new XDE40 buses (Allison or BAE systems) to improve reliability?

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Looks like these hybrids are not suited for Queens. Run those old hybrids on high speed routes, and expect all of them to break. Can they repower them with the hybrid systems being tested on the new XDE40 buses (Allison or BAE systems) to improve reliability?

Not worth the expense when all of the Orion hybrids are to be done by 2024 latest. 

2 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Not worth the expense when all of the Orion hybrids are to be done by 2024 latest. 

2 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I was talking about the 280 hybrids over at MTA Bus. Don’t they have 4 years left in their lives?

And he said "all." In addition to the fact that its not worth the expense.

1 minute ago, R32 3838 said:

The BP shortage is not because of the hybrids. Its those xd60's, they been having hvac issues hence seeing the orion's pop up on the blvd routes

What the hell? Those XD60s are 2 years old and already having HVAC Problems? How did the HVAC break down on these new buses?