MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the bus roster on TTMG gone? Where is the most updated roster?

Good question... The whole damn site seems to be down.... <_< What's the story with that?

Honestly, TTMG has been on and off for the last few years now. Even the new site for the wiki, which is called 711transit.info, is down at the moment. This is the closest we can get to the roster:

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

So with all the New Flyers LGA is getting all the RTS will be gone from there. When BP gets artics they won't need about half of the Orion VII's assuming the Q64 moves back to College Point. I wonder where they will be spent.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

So with all the New Flyers LGA is getting all the RTS will be gone from there. When BP gets artics they won't need about half of the Orion VII's assuming the Q64 moves back to College Point. I wonder where they will be spent.

Its too early to tell but my guess will be JFK to remove the remaining RTS that's there

Edited by Calvin

Major updates all across the board are coming up. From the accelerated Orion V, and VII CNG retirements, to the wave of New Flyer buses that are now definitely coming in. This includes XD40's, XN40's, XD60's, and New Flyers wanting the MTA to further evaluate the XDE40, XN60, and XE40 variants. Delivery has commenced with the Nova's, however, there is major news about the status of that order and future Nova orders as well. We will also get into the fact of why they are actually going to ENY Depot, which was originally supposed to get a few more Xcelsiors.

As I stated before, additional XD60's were on the immediate horizon. I was not exactly sure how it would play out or how the contract would work. For all of you that had questions, it is now confirmed by MTA, and T. Logan has confirmed the assignment. 

This was only the beginning.... Take note of the first paragraph in this post. We have a lot to talk about ladies and gentleman. I just like to dot all my I's and cross all my T's before I post. 

For those that didn't believe me when I said Brooklyn would get "ALL" the Xcelsiors in the the base order when they came in and ENY was first..... And That the original assignments called for all the XD60's to take over the old D60HF number sequence people said these were "foamers" dreams. I love you guys! But what I love more is never saying I told you so. However, now we have many new members that may not know who I am, first let me say Welcome to NYC Transit Forums, and that I have all access to all things MTA when I wan't. I need do nothing more than identify myself.  That means if I said it, it is a 99% chance it will turn out just that way. If I confirmed it, there is a 100% chance. If things change, that's the MTA for you.

Stay tuned

Still batting 1000.

East New York (aka Surface Transit Headquarters, aka Dante) ~ 2008-2015 

5439-5491...53 Units for LG (for future Q52/53 SBS)

may be but i don't think your going to  need more then 30 busses for 52/53 sbs.

You also have to take into account the fact that MTA is evaluating an extension of the Q52, and SBS is more than a year off. The Q52/53 SBS will be unlike any other we have seen to date... It will incorporate the first "high efficiency" BRT route to New York City. The main feature will be the new dedicated islands which will completely eliminate the factor of cars turning. From all the documents I have examined on the future service, it stands to be the most efficient SBS service to date.

So the Q52 will move from FR to LG?

At this time that is correct, however it has been said that a split between JFK and LGA is possible, and could be on the table.

I'm interested in hearing more about the accelerated retirement of the Orions.  Still too many of those beat up buses looking like they're on their last leg.  The sooner the better... Bring on the accelerated retirement!  :D

All the V's are out as the new buses come in. The CNG has a base order for 138, and an option of 125. That procurement will completely wipe out the entire Orion CNG fleet. It is now expected that the options will be exercised immediately if the introduction of the base order is successful.