(D) Train hit Debris at Fort Ham.

dman1455

Due to debris on tracks at the Fort Hamilton Parkway Station, Downtown (D) train service is running express between the 9th Avenue Station and the 62nd Street Station.

Please expect delays in service on trains at this time.

I was on that train and car.. What happened was the train hit a trash can and smoke and a small fire came out. It was scary cause it felt like we derailed..

T/O called control and now "the crane" is trying to remove the trash can.

If it was one of the platform trash cans, how the hell did it end up on the track? O.o

unsure but so many sparks and so much smoke came out thank god I was one station away from home... the T/O didn't care "It's overtime for me" I laughed...

Either one of you think he may be out of service for some time because of this?

When he got out the cab... he didn't look scared or nothing. I don't think so though. Someone could have rolled the trash can onto the tracks ( I don't know why). I really hope they find out how it got onto the track

have the trains emergancy brakes go, its what happens if you let go of the controls, the train hits the brakes automatically at full power to stop as quickly as possible

That's one method of dumping the train. Other methods include: moving the brake handle all the way to the right, pulling the cord and tripcock activation.

It's curved around there, so maybe he simply didn't see it in time.

I always wondered about those things happening to be knocked over and just rolling onto the roadbed. I think they might be bolted to the platform, but I imagine it could be rusted away or loose or whatever.

It's curved around there, so maybe he simply didn't see it in time.

I always wondered about those things happening to be knocked over and just rolling onto the roadbed. I think they might be bolted to the platform, but I imagine it could be rusted away or loose or whatever.

It hit the trash can at the front end of the platform past the curve

Due to debris on tracks at the Fort Hamilton Parkway Station, Downtown (D) train service is running express between the 9th Avenue Station and the 62nd Street Station.

Please expect delays in service on trains at this time.

I was on that train and car.. What happened was the train hit a trash can and smoke and a small fire came out. It was scary cause it felt like we derailed..T/O called control and now "the crane" is trying to remove the trash can.

i would like to know 1 have you ever been in a derailment? 2 if you have not then how do you know how it feels? i know you probably want to hype your thread but come on. i can see more threads popping up titled " alert my train went bie, it felt like a 12/9" meanwhile the train just dumped in a terminal.

i would like to know 1 have you ever been in a derailment? 2 if you have not then how do you know how it feels? i know you probably want to hype your thread but come on. i can see more threads popping up titled " alert my train went bie, it felt like a 12/9" meanwhile the train just dumped in a terminal.

Funny thing is it felt like we jumped off the track...

and no I've never been in a derailment. Thanks for asking :(

Keyword "FELT"

Funny thing is it felt like we jumped off the track...

and no I've never been in a derailment. Thanks for asking :(

Keyword "FELT"

Lol you gotta love it when people take things outta proportion....

Archived