American Millionaires: 1,400 Paid No U.S. Income Taxes In 2009

East New York

Aol News/Huffington Post - New tax data from the Internal Revenue service shows that in 2009, incomes fell, unemployment claims rose, and the U.S. economy shed nearly two million taxpayers.

And of the 235,413 taxpayers who earned $1 million or more in 2009, 1,470 of them paid no taxes.

According to the data, the average income for American taxpayers fell to $54,283 -- a drop of $3,516, or about 6.1 percent, between 2008 and 2009. Not only that, but the overall number of taxpayers -- that is, individuals or married couples filing with the IRS -- fell by almost two million.

"What you're seeing is the devastation of the massive loss of jobs and the effects of the real recession on real Americans," said Ed Kleinbard, a law professor at the University of Southern California.

Click here to read the real news!

If the IRS(it should be scraped or totally changed imo)went 'fairly' at everyone who owed taxes and not just mostly the poor, that would be go a long way in collecting much needed funding needed from infrasctructure improvements, education, social security, even the defense and more.

I'm so fatigued from the subject of taxes I can't even be mad about this shit anymore. I only just now even started to understand how taxes work. I don't feel like there's anything I can do about it at the present moment except yell "TAX THE A$$ES! FINE THE A$$ES!" Right now I'm just happy to have a job. I want to just settle on that for a while till I get my fight back. The fact that this even continues on when there's clearly something wrong with all of this just shows where the government's priorities and loyalties lie. I can't even point the finger because it seems like everybody's hands are dirty in this ordeal. I just hope karma strikes them and strikes them hard.

LOL... Funny... You're both wrong.

Uhhhhh huh.... B)

For some reason you consistently pin disagreement to jealousy, which is a wonderfully elitist trait of yours.

What else would you call it? The gov't shouldn't be overtaxing ANYBODY. We work to earn money and some folks earn more than others. There is nothing wrong with that and folks need to accept that inequalities exist in a capitalist society.

Those people only support the rich. Read what happened to France before, during, and after their revolution. That is what will happen in the United States soon if nothing changes.

I'd actually like to see that despite how bad this could get. There needs to be a shake up. And yes there is something wrong with inequalities within a country that's supposed to be promoting equal opportunity rights within its borders. I'm fine with the fact that some jobs pay more than others. But there's no excuse for paying people below their needs to make ends meet, absolutely none.

I've seen tons of computer jobs paying 10-11 an hour while other companies pay 5-10 bucks more on the hour for the same job. WTF is that shit? Especially when the company does well enough to pay more. Oh and don't get me started on that BS where it says "equal opportunity establishment". Check Wal-Mart, enuff said.

Some people on this forum just envy the wealthy. Would anyone like to go through our incredibly long tax code and suggest loopholes to eliminate? Easier said than done.

No, and that's why you elect officials and representatives to sit in Washington and do just that for you. Except that's not happening as some people evidently aren't paying their fair share, and big players such as oil companies go years on tax breaks alone to avoid playing their fair share. There will always be a vast quality of life difference in a capitalist society. But our elected officials are there to level the playing field, and if they're not doing that then who the hell are they representing?

So we're now going to judge a quarter of a million people based upon the actions of 0.006% of them?

just to illistrate my point, lets look at this statement

"Muslims are terroists as should be kicked out of the country". That statement is a generilzation. juding and entire group basied on the actions of a few. Are all muslims Bin Ladens? No. Are all rich people Monty Burnses? No.

Americans do that all the time. For example: I could be walking down the street and god forbid I'm behind some white woman she will clinch her purse like I've been eyeballing her for three blocks.

Another great example, have you ever tried to build a Mosque near the World Trade Center sight?

And this is different. Nobodys saying that rich people should be sent to Guantanamo bay and water boarded (at least not openly). We're saying "pay your fair share to the system that you obviously benefited from greatly." That's the point of shared sacrifice, EVERYBODY sacrifices. If kids lose head start and medicare gets cut and teachers get fired then why shouldn't it be fair to ask the upper 1% of society to pay just a little more.

You're actually going to argue that you are going to be more successful because you "put in the time and effort?"

You think working hard is all it takes? Everything you get in life is taken for granted. I'll bet you a million dollars that every busboy born into the life of an average baccalaureate would live in a better life. I'd also bet you that every busboy wishes he weren't one. He probably wishes he could afford to go to college too. It's not how much work, it's what luck you get, and what you're born into.

He also fails to realize that theres a lot of busboys out there with baccalaureate and master degrees and that life doesn't always work out the way you want it even if you work hard. But thats what happens when you keep a one shaded view of the world and are gullible enough to believe that one side of a two sided kleptocracy wont screw you like a drunken whore during a Roman orgy.....

Archived