Got called for T/O

NASCAR

Just out of curiosity do you want to work in the A or B division?

I live in Yonkers. A Division has most lines close to me. The 7 line is about 45 min - 1 hr driving, and only New Lots is the only one that is truly far.......

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you got New Lots and Livonia YD which has jobs on the (2)(3)(4)(5) Lines, Utica Av (4) and Flatbush (2)(5) Lines. Also Nevins street is also used as a Extra Board Location for Train Operators and Conductors. I am glad I never reported there but they did make me traval to Zoo Lots and keeped some of my Brooklyn class mates in the BX.

Ofcause the B Div showed me the worst Extra Board at Far Rockaway.

Just called the lady who does the RTO hiring at Livingston St. They are just waiting for my evaluation from the DOB, but she says if she doesn't get it by tomorrow, call back next week, and they will have me do the finish up (medical and hiring) anyways. Then they will just wait for the evaluation from there. She says I won't get passed up this time, cause this class will have 80 people. Only 17 got hired so far. Last asked about the AVA, Vacation, Personal, and sick days. She says RTO told her that anyone crossing over from MTA will take all their stuff with them. So I keep my 35 sick days, 7 AVA, 5 paid vacation, 1 Personal, and get a complimentary partridge in a pear tree.......Even if you are on the O/C, if you work for MTA, you go in promo. They worked this out with the unions. She said in the past, you lost everything. Now, it's different. Guess the union is good for something after-all.......B):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just called the lady who does the RTO hiring at Livingston St. They are just waiting for my evaluation from the DOB, but she says if she doesn't get it by tomorrow, call back next week, and they will have me do the finish up (medical and hiring) anyways. Then they will just wait for the evaluation from there. She says I won't get passed up this time, cause this class will have 80 people. Only 17 got hired so far. Last asked about the AVA, Vacation, Personal, and sick days. She says RTO told her that anyone crossing over from MTA will take all their stuff with them. So I keep my 35 sick days, 7 AVA, 5 paid vacation, 1 Personal, and get a complimentary partridge in a pear tree.......Even if you are on the O/C, if you work for MTA, you go in promo. They worked this out with the unions. She said in the past, you lost everything. Now, it's different. Guess the union is good for something after-all.......B):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope they give you a positive evaluation from your bosses at Kingsbridge depot. You better hope that they don't find your numerous rants about the DOB in here. The last thing they want is an unstable RTO at the controls. :eek:

I hope they give you a positive evaluation from your bosses at Kingsbridge depot. You better hope that they don't find your numerous rants about the DOB in here. The last thing they want is an unstable RTO at the controls. :eek:

What the lady told me was you have to have half of you sick days. I had gained 37, and have 35. 18 and 1/2 would be what I have to have, and I beat that with an ugly stick having 35. I have no UAs (unauthorized absence), latenesses, etc.....Actually when I picked today, I asked the bosses about the evaluation, and a dispatcher said he seen the letter. Then I went to the depot GS, asked him about it, he had no knowledge of it, but the ASG did. I did give the GS the HR for RTO lady's number, and he said he will call her immediately, and fax her over the stuff, so it gets done today. He told me to check with him tomorrow on it, to make sure it was done. Regardless, again I was told by the HR lady to call her Monday, and even if they don't have it by then, they will bring me in next week to finish up the process and be hired, based on the guess that my evaluation will be good. It will be.............

As for the rants, lol!

I went to 180 Livingston yesterday for Lab and paperwork. It was a pretty good amount of people,most was for buses tho.Alot of people were denied to buses because of traffic tickets,suspened licenses,criminal backgrounds and what not.They said that they will be calling for medicals within three weeks or so which will start the hiring process.I guess I'll be hearing some sort of news soon since class starts July 14th 2008....NASCAR

I went to 180 Livingston yesterday for Lab and paperwork. It was a pretty good amount of people,most was for buses tho.Alot of people were denied to buses because of traffic tickets,suspened licenses,criminal backgrounds and what not.They said that they will be calling for medicals within three weeks or so which will start the hiring process.I guess I'll be hearing some sort of news soon since class starts July 14th 2008....NASCAR

Keep us posted.

Wednesday (tomorrow), I have to be back at 180 Livingston to do the medical and get hired.......Wonder if I have to take another picture for the transit pass.....Wonder what happens to my pass, since it is an OA pass/payroll number. Mines start with M........

Wednesday (tomorrow), I have to be back at 180 Livingston to do the medical and get hired.......Wonder if I have to take another picture for the transit pass.....Wonder what happens to my pass, since it is an OA pass/payroll number. Mines start with M........

I see your days/nights at the DOB are coming to an end.....you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel(pun intended).

I see your days/nights at the DOB are coming to an end.....you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel(pun intended).

Yes they are. Friday when I return to work, I will have my letter of resignation on the boss's desk. July 12 will be my last day........

Now it is official. I am a Train Operator (Yard). I got sworn in today, after they finished making me strip, and feeling me up. They made me drop my pants and britches, raise me right hand, read the oath, and I said I do. I report to 130 Livingston on July 14th for orientation. They made me put in a letter of resignation from OA, which I have to turn in Friday. July 12 is the last day I can work in the DOB. At the end of that day, I turn in my badge (I think I keep the uniforms, shoes, and socks). My pass they told me to keep until orientation, which then they will take my old pass, and give me the new one. I took my mugshot for the new pass, and have a new pass #.......

There were alot of people in there doing medical, but I was the only one who did the interview for any position. The didn't do the full medical, as they use some things from my old file, since I did a medical last year around my B'day........I got in there at 0645am, got out at 1400hrs. Alot of people who did medical, did it for B/O, and they will be called back a 3rd time for interview.......Myself and a couple of other drivers, scared some of the drivers to be, with our stories.........One girl said you all are making me nervous. I told her just do your job, and you will be O.K..... We are just telling you all the reality of the job (their taking my old yob)..........

Now it is official. I am a Train Operator (Yard). I got sworn in today, after they finished making me strip, and feeling me up. They made me drop my pants and britches, raise me right hand, read the oath, and I said I do. I report to 130 Livingston on July 14th for orientation. They made me put in a letter of resignation from OA, which I have to turn in Friday. July 12 is the last day I can work in the DOB. At the end of that day, I turn in my badge (I think I keep the uniforms, shoes, and socks). My pass they told me to keep until orientation, which then they will take my old pass, and give me the new one. I took my mugshot for the new pass, and have a new pass #.......

There were alot of people in there doing medical, but I was the only one who did the interview for any position. The didn't do the full medical, as they use some things from my old file, since I did a medical last year around my B'day........I got in there at 0645am, got out at 1400hrs. Alot of people who did medical, did it for B/O, and they will be called back a 3rd time for interview.......Myself and a couple of other drivers, scared some of the drivers to be, with our stories.........One girl said you all are making me nervous. I told her just do your job, and you will be O.K..... We are just telling you all the reality of the job (their taking my old yob)..........

Congratulations! icon14.gif Best wishes and good luck!

When you did the first part, when they called you in for paperwork and urine test, how does that go? Do they tell you to change to a gown on or you just go with what you had on? Also the pre employment process, does the doctor do an exam on you the same day as the urine test or does that take place on another day? How long does the first day take you about 2 hrs 3 hrs, do they give you the UA first or paperwork than UA.

When you did the first part, when they called you in for paperwork and urine test, how does that go? Do they tell you to change to a gown on or you just go with what you had on? Also the pre employment process, does the doctor do an exam on you the same day as the urine test or does that take place on another day? How long does the first day take you about 2 hrs 3 hrs, do they give you the UA first or paperwork than UA.

No, they just have you fill out papers at the front desk, then they send you in for a LAB (urine and alcohol). You will pick out a "bag", with 1 large cup and two small in it. You will fill up the large cup with your urine (to the line they mark). You will be in a bathroom alone to do this. You will not put on a gown, for anything, unless there is something you want to tell us :eek::eek::eek:.........They fill up the two tubes with your urine (in front of you), and you will confirm that everything is marked properly. Then they will seal it, you initial it, and you will carry the bag, to a locked desk and put the bag in it. They will show you what desk to store it in.......You will be called back for Medical, after the LAB. The LAB time depends on how many people are taking it ahead of you. Once you get up there is can be 15 minutes and you can be out...... When I did my LAB, I got to 180 Livingston at 7:30am, was out by 8:30am, total time........

UAs are Unauthorized Absences. That is what you get if you fail to report for work for MTA. That is for active MTA employees..... This is not for newbies to the system.......

No, they just have you fill out papers at the front desk, then they send you in for a LAB (urine and alcohol). You will pick out a "bag", with 1 large cup and two small in it. You will fill up the large cup with your urine (to the line they mark). You will be in a bathroom alone to do this. You will not put on a gown, for anything, unless there is something you want to tell us :eek::eek::eek:.........They fill up the two tubes with your urine (in front of you), and you will confirm that everything is marked properly. Then they will seal it, you initial it, and you will carry the bag, to a locked desk and put the bag in it. They will show you what desk to store it in.......You will be called back for Medical, after the LAB. The LAB time depends on how many people are taking it ahead of you. Once you get up there is can be 15 minutes and you can be out...... When I did my LAB, I got to 180 Livingston at 7:30am, was out by 8:30am, total time........

UAs are Unauthorized Absences. That is what you get if you fail to report for work for MTA. That is for active MTA employees..... This is not for newbies to the system.......

Oh i feel dumb, thought UA meant Urine Analys....LOL...anyways after that about a total of an hour?? So the medical is done on another day? And what does that consist of and how long of a process for that? They make you spread the "wings", paperwork and other things? After the medical then you are hired? I go next week for pre employment screening and I just cant wait to give my job my 2 weeks notice, oh i cant wait! Thanks for your info you provided

Oh i feel dumb, thought UA meant Urine Analyst....LOL...anyways after that about a total of an hour?? So the medical is done on another day? And what does that consist of and how long of a process for that? They make you spread the "wings", paperwork and other things? After the medical then you are hired? I go next week for pre employment screening and I just cant wait to give my job my 2 weeks notice, oh i cant wait! Thanks for your info you provided

The medical is long, and they usually hire you on the day you do the medical. That is why they tell you to bring food, cause you won't be allowed to leave for food. Yes they make you drop your wings, to check for hernia, and you will take off your pants and shirt (but keep on your under garments), so they can check for lumps, or anything unusual on your body. They will "feel you up". You will do vision, hearing, reflex, and a EKG (they hook wires up to you, to check your heart rate)..... You will do a questionnaire, on a CPU first when sent for Medical. Heads up, when they ask you if you drink (alcohol), I hope you know how to answer that question :D;)B);)......Medical takes all day. I was there at 6:45, left at 2p.m.... Sometimes they do not hire you on the day you do medical, and you will be called back a 3rd time. Most of the time they do though. You will fill out alot of paperwork for benefits. Make sure you have a beneficiary listed to collect if you die. You do get automatic life insurance when you get hired. So have a trustworthy relatives information (address, Social Security Number, telephone number).......You will also need two contacts just in case you get injured on the job...........

Congrats!! I think they're gonna front on me because I didn't have half my sick days.I spoke to someone at employment who deals with the T/O and she said I have to submit all my doc lines from june-05 til present so she can add it to my paper-work to give to RTO. I called sick control and they won't give me any print-outs.They told me if RTO requests my record,everything will be on it including if I had doc lines or not:( I prob wait another 6 mos. or so and let them re-evaluate me.I never was on sick control so I can't call it.:confused:I really wanted this job! I think ya boy NASCAR is pretty much finished!!! I hate to be so negative but it is what it is.I'll see you fellas later..

Congrats!! I think they're gonna front on me because I didn't have half my sick days.I spoke to someone at employment who deals with the T/O and she said I have to submit all my doc lines from june-05 til present so she can add it to my paper-work to give to RTO. I called sick control and they won't give me any print-outs so I think I'm pretty much finished!B) I prob wait another 6 mos. or so and let them re-evaluate me.I never was on sick control so I can't call it.:confused:I'll see you fellas around...:D

You have to go to your supervisor to get your documents. They have to give RTO your full evaluation from the date you started. If you can get to the people who keeps all of your records, they can do it for you. This class is for 80 people, and I think only 20-25 got hired so far. You have time, just get it done. Get in your supervisors a$$, to get your evaluation done. Now if you don't have half your sick time, that will bite you in the keyster.....

Did you speak to a lady who's name who has something to do with "cold"????

You have to go to your supervisor to get your documents. They have to give RTO your full evaluation from the date you started. If you can get to the people who keeps all of your records, they can do it for you. This class is for 80 people, and I think only 20-25 got hired so far. You have time, just get it done. Get in your supervisors a$$, to get your evaluation done. Now if you don't have half your sick time, that will bite you in the keyster.....

Did you speak to a lady who's name who has something to do with "cold"????

Yeh...first initial B!! Very nice woman,she knows her ish! She said she's gonna wait for me tho.The people that deals with your sick lines told me they only give information to police and other job agencies and NOT employees.I told her my situation and she said"we'll give RTO everything they wan't regarding you,but we can't give them to you because it's a legal document.":confused:They were VERY NASTY!!! Mrs. Cold(You know who)told me the print-outs only tell you how many times a person was out and if there is a pattern,but it won't say if I had doc lines to cover me.She wan'ts me to fax her old sick forms that I have so it can look good so to speak.I will do everything that she told me to do and hopefully that will be good enough.Mrs. cold told me everything is fine just get her those lines.I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.I know how TA is,they wan't you to be available at all times and if I get this job I WILL do so.

Congrats...the "DOB2RTO" transition is almost complete :D

Congrats...the "DOB2RTO" transition is almost complete :D

Far as I am concerned, it is completed......I have a new pass/payroll number, (which I cut out of this form for public viewing, along with my address, SSN, who hired me, etc.....Only left my real name......) Thanks for the congrats.....

Congrats Brother and welcome to RTO where " every second counts". I know you will do very well in RTO. Just don't honk your horn at your B/O friends below you on the White Plains RD Line.:D

Thanks Dave.......

I won't honk at them, as I don't want to break any rules of RTO. But I just might give them the finger, just for the fun of it.........

Archived