Got called for T/O

NASCAR

Now it is official. I am a Train Operator (Yard). I got sworn in today, after they finished making me strip, and feeling me up. They made me drop my pants and britches, raise me right hand, read the oath, and I said I do. I report to 130 Livingston on July 14th for orientation. They made me put in a letter of resignation from OA, which I have to turn in Friday. July 12 is the last day I can work in the DOB. At the end of that day, I turn in my badge (I think I keep the uniforms, shoes, and socks). My pass they told me to keep until orientation, which then they will take my old pass, and give me the new one. I took my mugshot for the new pass, and have a new pass #.......

There were alot of people in there doing medical, but I was the only one who did the interview for any position. The didn't do the full medical, as they use some things from my old file, since I did a medical last year around my B'day........I got in there at 0645am, got out at 1400hrs. Alot of people who did medical, did it for B/O, and they will be called back a 3rd time for interview.......Myself and a couple of other drivers, scared some of the drivers to be, with our stories.........One girl said you all are making me nervous. I told her just do your job, and you will be O.K..... We are just telling you all the reality of the job (their taking my old yob)..........

Congratulations man! Have fun in RTO. So how will your seniority work??

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now it is official. I am a Train Operator (Yard). I got sworn in today, after they finished making me strip, and feeling me up. They made me drop my pants and britches, raise me right hand, read the oath, and I said I do. I report to 130 Livingston on July 14th for orientation. They made me put in a letter of resignation from OA, which I have to turn in Friday. July 12 is the last day I can work in the DOB. At the end of that day, I turn in my badge (I think I keep the uniforms, shoes, and socks). My pass they told me to keep until orientation, which then they will take my old pass, and give me the new one. I took my mugshot for the new pass, and have a new pass #.......

There were alot of people in there doing medical, but I was the only one who did the interview for any position. The didn't do the full medical, as they use some things from my old file, since I did a medical last year around my B'day........I got in there at 0645am, got out at 1400hrs. Alot of people who did medical, did it for B/O, and they will be called back a 3rd time for interview.......Myself and a couple of other drivers, scared some of the drivers to be, with our stories.........One girl said you all are making me nervous. I told her just do your job, and you will be O.K..... We are just telling you all the reality of the job (their taking my old yob)..........

Congats on becoming a T/O!!

Congratulations man! Have fun in RTO. So how will your seniority work??

It won't. It gets nuked, so I have to scratch and claw my way back to the top.....

Congats on becoming a T/O!!

To both of you thanks..........

Congrats Mr.Harrison! Do you plan on advancing to TSS someday? Or is TO your last stop?

TSS will be last stop. I do not plan to stay behind the controls for too long. I have to give MTA 29 years under 25/55, so I want to operate until 2015 (about 7 years), then do the other 20 years as a TSS. If we get 20/50 then same for operating, but I would do 15 years as a TSS......

The TSS Patrols a section and Monitors the performance of T/O's, C/R's and TW/O's. Like an Example a TSS working Bedford Pk on the (D) will patrol from 205 St to 145 St. He will respond to any incident in the section and also rider trains to evaluate the preformance of the train crew. They also must ride or meet all Probationary employees in their section or Line. Some other duties are working as School car Instructors and train new T/O,C/R or TWO. They also can be assigned to Operating Compliance there job is to preform Test operating Employees and if you fail they are the ones who will remove you from service and take you downtown immediately or if your lucky just a write up. Also you have systerm Safety they respond to all major or unusaul Incidents they check to find out the causes and see if any rules or proceedures where violated.

TSS's are to respond to any and all incidents that happen on the Trains and stations if it effects service and any kind of signal or track/3RD RAIL problem. If you got a signal problem between Gun Hill RD and E 219 St the TSS has to go on the roadbed and stand at that signal flag trains until Signals fix the problem. They go to the Police Investigations , Sick Customers, and 12-9's.

If you want to stay in the office thats the Train Dispatchers jobs.

****UPDATE**** RTO approved me!!!! YESSSSSSSS...WOOOWHOO! Employment said to report to 180 Livingston st. at 7:30 a.m. monday June 23,2008 for medical.They said to dress business casual and to bring lunch because I'll be there all day.

****UPDATE**** RTO approved me!!!! YESSSSSSSS...WOOOWHOO! Employment said to report to 180 Livingston st. at 7:30 a.m. monday June 23,2008 for medical.They said to dress business casual and to bring lunch because I'll be there all day.

You better had fought your way in or else..........

I'll see you July 14, at 130 Livingston St. Dress attire for Orientation is:

scan0005a.jpg

I'll be in MTA uniform, since my uniforms meet this criteria

Wow how things changed a dress code for you guys until the Uniforms come in. When I came in as a C/R is was not that way but when I got promoted to T/O I had to wear my C/R Uniform until the T/O stuff came in and didn't wear it even when I got it until I passed by final Exam. My reasoning was I didn't want to wear the T/O Uniform because I felt I didn't earn the right to wear it until I was offical. Also it was good because I got identified as a Promotional T/O that way.

Wow how things changed a dress code for you guys until the Uniforms come in. When I came in as a C/R is was not that way but when I got promoted to T/O I had to wear my C/R Uniform until the T/O stuff came in and didn't wear it even when I got it until I passed by final Exam. My reasoning was I didn't want to wear the T/O Uniform because I felt I didn't earn the right to wear it until I was offical. Also it was good because I got identified as a Promotional T/O that way.
Yup, dress code! I guarantee most won't follow it either.I prob gonna wear my old uniform too.It's gonna feel good to put that striped shirt on because I worked hard to get there!B)

LOOOOONG DAY TODAY!!! I got to 180 livingston around 730a.m. I went for the medical and hiring process.Today it was SOOOO packed!There were tons of bus drivers as usual,they run that place.I filled out more paperwork waiting to see the doctor.Long story short...I left 180 livingston around 6:00 p.m.:eek:Guess what?? I gotta go tomorrow AGAIN because I missed the interviewer,pass unit,fingerprinter because the docs were SOOOOO slow!!The ONLY good news is I got cleared by the doc to proceed to the final step of my unofficial promotion.I hope tomorrow will be the last day because I'm REALLY tired.I'm on vacation on top of that and I will be trying to get paid for the day because I'm supposed to be off.:mad:Anyways tomorrow it should be official...NASCAR

Of course as you know, B/O uniforms are the same as C/R uniforms. So I should be identifiable too.....

LOOOOONG DAY TODAY!!! I got to 180 livingston around 730a.m. I went for the medical and hiring process.Today it was SOOOO packed!There were tons of bus drivers as usual,they run that place.I filled out more paperwork waiting to see the doctor.Long story short...I left 180 livingston around 6:00 p.m.:eek:Guess what?? I gotta go tomorrow AGAIN because I missed the interviewer,pass unit,fingerprinter because the docs were SOOOOO slow!!The ONLY good news is I got cleared by the doc to proceed to the final step of my unofficial promotion.I hope tomorrow will be the last day because I'm REALLY tired.I'm on vacation on top of that and I will be trying to get paid for the day because I'm supposed to be off.:mad:Anyways tomorrow it should be official...NASCAR

You are officially hires, soon as you were cleared by medical. Fingerprints, and pass picture is nothing. The interview will be they tell check your paperwork that you filled out in that packet, they tell you a little about the job, they tell you about probation, they have you fill out a few more pieces of paper, they make you raise your right hand and drop your pants, then they read the oath, you reply bite me, and your hired.......

In short you are in........

DAY 3...YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!! I'm back at 180 livingston street AGAIN 9:15 a.m. I was told yesterday that Today would be quick(yeh ok) I take a number and sat for 2hrs. 30 minutes.The whole room was basically empty and someone finally says"You're waiting for an interview right?"I was like "yeh"(wtf???) 45 minutes later the interviewer called me in and said I need to fill out MORE PAPERWORK that should have been given to me yesterday.At this point I'm beyond p*ssed!! These people are sooooo disorganized.:mad:I had to really remain calm and cool.Ok,ok so I proceed to fill out the paperwork and he's checking my other papers and things are starting to go smooth again.(I think)Finally we look over ALL the paperwork and he gives me a packet and says to be at 130 livingston on Monday July 14,2008 blah, blah, bah(tell me something I don't know!!!)I go to the pass unit and wait45 minutes for my picture and I let out a sigh of relief.I run out that place like Carl Lewis...Lol.I'm headed to 130 livingston st. 6th floor to hand in my time sheet so I can get paid for TODAY and YESTERDAY! I run out that spot and hop on the train to go home.:)I get to the crib and I see a number on my cell I don't recognize so I called it back.I didn't get an answer so I hung up.The same number called back and the voice said "it's the guy that hired you and there are two papers you need to fill out that wasn't given to you,can you come back?" I'm like WHAT?????????:eek: I thought this was it.:mad: NOW I gotta go back tomorrow AGAIN to fill out TWO sheets that should have been given to me a LOOOONG time ago.Sorry for the rant but this has been SOOOOOOOOOO tiring and I have not been able to enjoy my vacation at all!! I'm grateful for the opportunity but I'm tired of this back and forth BS. (M)(T)(A) going your way!!B)

DAY 3...YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!! I'm back at 180 livingston street AGAIN 9:15 a.m. I was told yesterday that Today would be quick(yeh ok) I take a number and sat for 2hrs. 30 minutes.The whole room was basically empty and someone finally says"You're waiting for an interview right?"I was like "yeh"(wtf???) 45 minutes later the interviewer called me in and said I need to fill out MORE PAPERWORK that should have been given to me yesterday.At this point I'm beyond p*ssed!! These people are sooooo disorganized.:mad:I had to really remain calm and cool.Ok,ok so I proceed to fill out the paperwork and he's checking my other papers and things are starting to go smooth again.(I think)Finally we look over ALL the paperwork and he gives me a packet and says to be at 130 livingston on Monday July 14,2008 blah, blah, bah(tell me something I don't know!!!)I go to the pass unit and wait45 minutes for my picture and I let out a sigh of relief.I run out that place like Carl Lewis...Lol.I'm headed to 130 livingston st. 6th floor to hand in my time sheet so I can get paid for TODAY and YESTERDAY! I run out that spot and hop on the train to go home.:)I get to the crib and I see a number on my cell I don't recognize so I called it back.I didn't get an answer so I hung up.The same number called back and the voice said "it's the guy that hired you and there are two papers you need to fill out that wasn't given to you,can you come back?" I'm like WHAT?????????:eek: I thought this was it.:mad: NOW I gotta go back tomorrow AGAIN to fill out TWO sheets that should have been given to me a LOOOONG time ago.Sorry for the rant but this has been SOOOOOOOOOO tiring and I have not been able to enjoy my vacation at all!! I'm grateful for the opportunity but I'm tired of this back and forth BS. (M)(T)(A) going your way!!B)

Guess they figure if you can deal with the paperwork, the waiting game, and the phone tag, you're ready to deal with the geese B):P:P

Guess they figure if you can deal with the paperwork, the waiting game, and the phone tag, you're ready to deal with the geese B):P:P
I guess so...Tomorrow has got to be it! I will not leave until they have everything they need.I will make sure,trust me on that.I felt like I was on that show boiling point or punked.

Maybe they knew you were on vacation, and decided to ruin it. MTA is good for that, you know.........

Archived