Not in Service R68

Quill Depot

Today I was railfanning. I was at 59th Street ((A)(:((C)(D)(1)) and I saw an R68/A on the opposite side of the tracks (downtown). The front said Not In Service and the sides and back were G rollsigns. I think it was 5-8 cars long. Does anyone know about this? Is it going to the (G) via the (F)?? Thanks, jimmy7train.

Today I was railfanning. I was at 59th Street ((A)(B)(C)(D)(1)) and I saw an R68/A on the opposite side of the tracks (downtown). The front said Not In Service and the sides and back were G rollsigns. I think it was 4-5 cars long. Does anyone know about this? Is it going to the (G) via the (F)?? Thanks, jimmy7train.

If the sides had rollsigns, then it had to have been at least a 4-car train. If it was an odd numbered set [single units] they would've been for the Franklin Av shuttle which don't have rollsigns.

Today I was railfanning. I was at 59th Street ((A)(B)(C)(D)(1)) and I saw an R68/A on the opposite side of the tracks (downtown). The front said Not In Service and the sides and back were G rollsigns. I think it was 4-5 cars long. Does anyone know about this? Is it going to the (G) via the (F)?? Thanks, jimmy7train.

How about this theory. 4 car R68. G side signs because that is the line where the cars were last used Train went uptown from CIYD with 4 other cars that were dropped off at CCYD, the 4 cars you saw returning to CIYD.

Archived