Phoenix - Metro Area Fan Trip - Sunday, Aug 28!

RE-SCHEDULED

Hey Guys.

On Sunday, August 28, 2011, I would like to hold New York City Transit Forums very FIRST Phoenix Metro Area Fan trip. Besides myself, there are a few people on here that currently reside or are from the Phoenix, Arizona area, and we are calling you Desert Rats to come out and ride some rails with us!

When: Sunday, August 28, 2011

Meet Spot: The North Terminal of the Light Rail - 19 Av/Montobello

Times: 11am-3 or 4pm

We'll probably ride the entire Light Rail with some Photo stops along the way down to Mesa-Sycamore/Main St. I hope we can also grab some Union Pacific Stuff downtown Phoenix behind Chase Field and/or in Tempe off the Salt River Bridge.

We can do a lunch stop down in Tempe off the 3 St/Mill Avenue Station; FatBurger, Slices Pizza, Greek Restaurant, Hooters..

This would be an awesome opportunity for all of us Native New Yorkers, and other Mass Transit fans from Phoenix to get together and talk some trains.

If you are attending, please leave a response!! Id like to have at least 5-6 people go.

We will purchase Full-Fare-Local All days passes at the TVM at 19 Av. Should be $3.50 for the day to ride.

Lets make this a 'cool' day in the desert sun! :cool:

Zach

Would love to join you but I'm tied up Sunday as I usually am. Will be out on the buses and light rail this coming Friday, though I don't suppose anyone else will. Hope you all have a good time Sunday and will look forward to some photography.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So did this get-together happen? Any stories or photos? Sorry I couldn't make it but Sundays aren't good for me plus the Sunday schedule makes bus connections time-consuming.

I did make my monthly Friday outing on the 19th and since I had some extra time, I rode to both ends of the line since my normal trip only takes me between ASU and Encanto and I'd never been to the Montebello end and only on my bike to the Sycamore end.

Archived