medical for b/0

peek717

Anything that makes you unfit to drive a bus, physically.

However, it's mostly whatever you mention to the doctors regarding your medical history.

If you are afraid of being placed on Medical Hold, take up some of the advice for long-time members here and go see your own doc first so you're not in for any surprises.

The blood pressure should be under 140/90. However, it won't be too much of an issue if your slightly above the acceptable rate. If you're borderline 'high', the doctors should OK it - the nurses will tell you this.

There was another post here a few days ago about blood pressure level (systolic) should be under 170; but according to this link here, that's reaching Stage 2 of high blood pressure range.

As for your other questions regarding samples taken for specifics via urine, I'm not sure; hopefully someone else can assist. But, while you're waiting for someone else to respond, you should look into this link regarding Glucose testing.

One piece of advice: drink lots and lots of water. It helps.

Hope this helps.

peek717, can you try repeating your post properly? From what I'm reading you have your medical date for Thursday, and then you're on Medical Hold, and something about August 29th. What does this mean?

Try not to bunch your sentences together because it's extremely hard to understand; typing to communicate is different from actually speaking in person.

Your medical date is for Thursday, and you're already having doubts. Here's some advice: go there with a positive attitude. I'm not sure how to put your numbers into acceptable range, but it may be overlooked if your other tests come back OK - the BP/EKG; the audiometry; and the vision exam. You'll be fine.

I was a bit scared about my BP levels, but my doctor cleared me as I was physically fit overall and he didn't see any issues. Following the advice from fellow members here is extremely helpful, and without them and other support, I probably wouldn't have made it through.

Water, water, water -- I can't stress it enough.

Your medical date is for Thursday, and you're already having doubts. Here's some advice: go there with a positive attitude. I'm not sure how to put your numbers into acceptable range, but it may be overlooked if your other tests come back OK - the BP/EKG; the audiometry; and the vision exam. You'll be fine.

I was a bit scared about my BP levels, but my doctor cleared me as I was physically fit overall and he didn't see any issues. Following the advice from fellow members here is extremely helpful, and without them and other support, I probably wouldn't have made it through.

Water, water, water -- I can't stress it enough.

Acela Express: I found that post that I mentioned once before about

not eating before the medical. It was from a well respected member

of this forum who is a T/O.

Take it for what it's worth though. Last thing you want to do is faint while

in the doctor's office undergoing tests. Eat something light and healthy.

"1.GO to YOUR doctor!! As soon as possible.IF your blood pressure

is even marginally high,Have him put you on MEDICATION!!!!! I cannot stress this enough!!!

Another thing,VERY IMPORTANT!!! DONT EAT ANYTHING 12-18 HOURS BEFORE YOU HAVE TO GO TO 180 LIVINGSTON!!!!!!! Eating anything before hand is going to result in a higher reading of blood pressure."

2."Get an EKG by your OWN Cardiologist,I dont care how much it costs!! "

thank i am fine with the b/p i am on med for it it the blood sugar at 8.5 and the urine protein at +2 that will d/q me i have a d.o.t. exam with my doc on wed need to got my blood sugar down and my urine protein and i am drinking water ty guys

IF your blood pressure

is even marginally high,Have him put you on MEDICATION!!!!! I cannot stress this enough!!!"

If you're borderling BP, you'll be OK. My medical - BP was 150 the first time, and 146 the second reading; the nurse said it's borderline red, but everything else seems to be OK with me. She said the doctor should approve it, and he did. If they saw something out of the ordinary with your EKG I can see her raising some questions, but that wasn't the case since my EKG came out excellent.

Another thing,VERY IMPORTANT!!! DONT EAT ANYTHING 12-18 HOURS BEFORE YOU HAVE TO GO TO 180 LIVINGSTON!!!!!!! Eating anything before hand is going to result in a higher reading of blood pressure."

I wouldn't stress this much. Everyone needs to eat, even if it's a little snack bar. As long as you're staying off high sodium products / salt intake reduced, you should be OK. I found that one or two Kelloggs bar served me well. It's not going to shoot your pressure sky high.

Two reasons: you need concentration for hearing and vision tests - stay balanced.

Edit: In regards to my BP being slightly high - the nurse accounted for nervousness and such, which is why they OK slightly higher than acceptable ranges. However, if you're reaching Stage 2 of HBP, then you're pretty much assed out, maybe.

If you're borderling BP, you'll be OK. My medical - BP was 150 the first time, and 146 the second reading; the nurse said it's borderline red, but everything else seems to be OK with me. She said the doctor should approve it, and he did. If they saw something out of the ordinary with your EKG I can see her raising some questions, but that wasn't the case since my EKG came out excellent.

I wouldn't stress this much. Everyone needs to eat, even if it's a little snack bar. As long as you're staying off high sodium products / salt intake reduced, you should be OK. I found that one or two Kelloggs bar served me well. It's not going to shoot your pressure sky high.

Two reasons: you need concentration for hearing and vision tests - stay balanced.

Watching sodium intake and drinking water is the best advice. I've had high pressure readings the times I didn't eat for a while thinking it would help.

Watching sodium intake and drinking water is the best advice. I've had high pressure readings the times I didn't eat for a while thinking it would help.

As I've said in other posts, I was drinking water as if it was crack, and still do til this day.

BTW, I've edited my previous post to reflect my BP numbers.

Good luck!

my med is on thurday today my blood sugar level is 8.5 my urine protein is +2 my bp is 133/83 i will not pass med on thurday i will be put on hold so i am dead in the water

How come I can never understand you? Where are you getting these #'s from? Are you diabetic or something? And please change "suffok" to Suffolk, your driving me crazy already.

sorry i have a A1C meter and today it was 8.5 on the blood sugar and at the doc office in july urine protein was +2

Dude your hot stuff, but I love you. You changed "suffok to sufflok" but ok. I never heard of a A1c meter, I googled it and I'm assuming its for diabetics? am I on the money here? Sorry This is all new information to me. Good luck with everything.

do you think i will pass med on thurday with my blood sugar at 8.5 and my urine protein at +2 my b/p is fine 130/80 plz let me know ty so much

If you already have a blood sugar meter, I am thinking that maybe you are already on some sort of insulin medication or some sort of treatment? Perhaps you can get a letter from your doctor saying you are being treated, or something along those lines?

i need to be 7 or less on the blood sugar i will not pass at 8.5 i am d/q

Do not worry about your medical just go in and be yourself I know nothing about blood sugar levels. You will have to talk to somebody else about that, but you mention d/q I assume you are talking about being disqualified. Your blood pressure is OK you will be tested for vision, hearing, and EKG. If that's OK the nurse or doctor may not make an issue. If your blood sugar is in question you may have to talk to the doctor which is between you and him and nobody else. Take it from me I was placed on medical hold for a hospital procedure several years ago and was cleared after a few days after my medical when I gave the doctor what he wanted to see. I also spoke to others on medical hold that were cleared , so it is not the kiss of death. Good luck with your medical.

Archived