Jobs In Atlantic City Area

Gardenhands

I am currently seeking employment in the Atlantic City area. Does anyone have any insight about the companies down here?

I sent my application into New Jersey Transit. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I have zero points and one year experience. Has anyone worked for Academy? They have runs out of Atlantic City but from what I have read on this forum, the pay is peanuts? Can anyone verify this?

Also I put an application in with Shoreline though I have not heard back.

Are there any other companies out of Atlantic City that I have not thought of? It seems like most of the work is in New York or Philadelphia. I really don't want to commute all the way to Philadelphia unless I have to.

Thanks

I would not go to CoachUSA unless you absolutely cant get a job with another better paying company. For $10 an hr to lugg people around is not worth it. Sadly most of the work is either New York or Philadelphia. Academy has a garage in Toms River which is right on route 9 just before route 70. Academy pay after you work it out is around $12 an hr. You can make alot of money if you get a steady run and alot of charter work. NJ Transit the app process can take from 1 week to 25 weeks. Its like the lottery. The more apps you send in the better your chance. Shortline& Rockland Coaches both are coachusa and you can make money if you can get a steady run.

Keep an eye out for your mail because NJT sends a letter, they dont call.

$10 to $12 An hour with a 'b'? Yea ok, I'll stick to trucks.

I agree that the pay should start off higher beings that drivers are responsible for transporting up to 55 passengers. 40,000 per year is 20 per hour. That seems about right in my opinion. Still I would be grateful just to get back on the road for 30,000 about now...

You try Coach USA?

Well, I got instructions of how to apply from them. It's about a fifty mile commute from where I live so its going to be my last option at this point.

I would not go to CoachUSA unless you absolutely cant get a job with another better paying company. For $10 an hr to lugg people around is not worth it. Sadly most of the work is either New York or Philadelphia. Academy has a garage in Toms River which is right on route 9 just before route 70. Academy pay after you work it out is around $12 an hr. You can make alot of money if you get a steady run and alot of charter work. NJ Transit the app process can take from 1 week to 25 weeks. Its like the lottery. The more apps you send in the better your chance. Shortline& Rockland Coaches both are coachusa and you can make money if you can get a steady run.

Keep an eye out for your mail because NJT sends a letter, they dont call.

Thank you for the information. Charter wok does sound appealing to me especially with their nice busses at Academy. Thanks for the tips on applying for New Jersey Transit as well.

$10 to $12 An hour with a 'b'? Yea ok, I'll stick to trucks.

Would you like peanuts? l0l but seriously idk if its true, but MegaBus(CoachUSA) starts off at $19/hr. I heard a couple drivers talking about it in Philly, but idk if they were saying that because I was standing nearby with my NJT uniform on. But with a Class B I would not take peanuts unless all other options are out the window. Agencies like MTA, NJT is where one wants to be to get the good pay and security. But for some getting your foot in the door is good also but $10/hr is a last resort type of deal.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you start off at the company

that you are working at now, I know you had previous cdl driving experience.

I get between 3 and 4 a day, depending on how many loads I do. Also with full medical, 401 vacation sick, ect ect. I make my own hours and pretty much do whatever I want during the day.

Would you like peanuts? l0l but seriously idk if its true, but MegaBus(CoachUSA) starts off at $19/hr. I heard a couple drivers talking about it in Philly, but idk if they were saying that because I was standing nearby with my NJT uniform on. But with a Class B I would not take peanuts unless all other options are out the window. Agencies like MTA, NJT is where one wants to be to get the good pay and security. But for some getting your foot in the door is good also but $10/hr is a last resort type of deal.

Its sad these days, With a cdl your still shown no respect, especially when you have peoples lives at your hands. Thats why these chinatown buses and even some compaines that come out of red hook brooklyn have all these accidents because they treat and pay there drivers like shit.

I get between 3 and 4 a day, depending on how many loads I do. Also with full medical, 401 vacation sick, ect ect. I make my own hours and pretty much do whatever I want during the day.

You make more money with a CDL A then with a CDL B the majority of

the time. You are close to being called for C/R, a job which will be a lot

easier on your back to say the least.

I know you are on the mabstoa list, I just can't picture you being a B/O

without going off on somebody,:mad: LOL

You make more money with a CDL A then with a CDL B the majority of

the time. You are close to being called for C/R, a job which will be a lot

easier on your back to say the least.

I know you are on the mabstoa list, I just can't picture you being a B/O

without going off on somebody,:mad: LOL

Honestly If get this c/r job I'm done with driving. I'm fed up with the traffic, the worst drivers in the tri-state area and the cut throats in my field. I'll put my A on ebay.

Archived