New, from the opposite coast...

C40LFR

Yes, I've come to the NYC transit forums even though I was born, raised, and still living in California. However, when I visited NYC it was very interesting and had a different flavor from LA. I've actually been lurking these forums for a few years now. (Yes, I know about the +SBS+, 2nd Ave Subway, all the subway models from the R160 to the R32 and before, the new old styled C40LFs you guys are getting)

I probably will still remain lurker as I don't live anywhere near NYC. lol

EDIT: Yes, the C40LFR is my favorite bus model.

Thanks for the welcome!

We're sort of having a NABI take over down here in So Cal.

LACMTA has hundreds of NABI 60 BRTs, hundreds of NABI Metro 45Cs, hundreds, of NABI 40ft and 31ft LFWs. Foothill transit's BRT line the Silver Streak uses both 60 BRTs and 42 BRTs. Riverside Transit Agency is almost completely NABI 40 LFW. Now Santa Monica Big Blue Bus is about to replace it's Nova Classics and old D40LFs with nothing but new NABI 40 LFWs. Soon the only remaining New Flyer agencies will be OCTA(Orange County), Culver City, Long Beach, and Omintrans(San Bernardino) and even then some of those agencies have quite a few NABIs.

Other than that, we are expanding our rail system with a sales tax called measure R. Right now, we have 2 light rail extensions, and 1 BRT extension under construction all at the same time, with another LRT line starting next year. Our Westside subway(an extension of our sole HRT line) should start construction in a few years. We will never be an NYC transit-wise but we're getting there.

Archived