Los Angeles Metro Pictures

These are all cell phone pictures, so not the best quality.

Time to give you New Yorkers a taste of West Coast transit.

LACMTA NABI 60 BRT in Rapid Livery. The Rapid is our limited stop BRT service, similar to the +SBS+ but with no bus lanes:

TransitPics01003.jpg

Wilshire/Western HRT Subway station Pylon. Construction on an extension of this branch to Westwood/UCLA is bound to start in a few years.

TransitPics01023.jpg

This is what LA's HRT Subway cars look like:

TransitPics01096.jpg

Inside LA's HRT Subway car.

TransitPics01074.jpg

Here are buses at the Green Line Aviation Station. The green line is a fully grade seperated light rail line. It runs in the median of I-105, and it's western segment to Redondo Beach is completely elevated. This where you catch the LAX Shuttle to the terminals.

TransitPics01139.jpg

TransitPics01140.jpg

This is the Orange Line BRT. It's a rail emulator that runs on it's own dedicated busway with it's own stations. It's being extended to the Chatsworth Metrolink Station(LA's Commuter Rail)

TransitPics01156.jpg

Foothill Transit NABI 42-BRT on Foothill transit's BRT line the Silver Streak.

Weekend005.jpg

On Board a Silver Streak Foothill Transit NABI 60 BRT

TransitPics01149.jpg

Silver Streak Foothill Transit NABI 60 BRT in Downtown LA

TransitPics01151.jpg

Rimpau Transit Center on the Westside: Santa Monica Big Blue Bus on line 7(Pico Blvd to Santa Monica) passes an LACMTA NABI 40 LFW on the line 30(Pico / Broadway to Gold Line Little Tokyo/Arts District LRT Station)

TransitPics01076.jpg

LRV turns from Little Tokyo/Arts District LRT Station headed to East LA

TransitPics01082.jpg

Soto Station Pylon. The East LA Gold Line light rail extension includes 1.8 mile subway with 2 subway stations under Boyle Heights

TransitPics01084.jpg

TransitPics01085.jpg

TransitPics01088.jpg

TransitPics01089.jpg

Indiana LRT Station(East LA extension)

TransitPics01016.jpg

TransitPics01015.jpg

TransitPics01011.jpg

TransitPics01012.jpg

The newly remodeled Long Beach Transit Mall in downtown Long Beach, CA. The tracks you see are of the Blue Line LRT that connects Long Beach with Downtown LA.

TransitPics01102.jpg

TransitPics01099.jpg

TransitPics01098.jpg

And here is the Metro Blue Line LRT itself at LB Transit Mall:

TransitPics01097.jpg

Long Beach Transit System Map

TransitPics01104.jpg

Long Beach Transit's Newest Buses:

TransitPics01045.jpg

TransitPics01043.jpg

Bus Lane in Santa Monica:

TransitPics01038.jpg

Local LACMTA NABI 60 BRT in Santa Monica:

TransitPics01034.jpg

Now for Riverside, CA(RTA stands for Riverside Transit Agency)

This at the Galleria at Tyler, a major mall within the Riverside Metro Area

TransitPics01054.jpg

Various Pics of Riverside Downtown Bus Terminal

TransitPics01039.jpg

TransitPics01029.jpg

TransitPics01028.jpg

TransitPics01025.jpg

This is actually an Omnitrans C40LFR(My Fave Bus model), which is San Bernardino's system.

TransitPics01048.jpg

TransitPics01049.jpg

Thanks guys!

More pics, just for you.(These are little older, taken with my old phone, but everything is current nonetheless)

Inside a LACMTA NABI 31-LFW(They use short NABIs on line 96 and a few circulators)

SNC00047.jpg

Pics of union station, LA's main hub. It's the Grand Central of the West. These were taken from the Gold Line LRT Platform, but you can see were the Amtrak and Metrolink trains come in.

SNC00029.jpg

These are our Brand new LRVs for the Gold Line:

SNC00028.jpg

You can see a Metrolink Commuter Train in the background

SNC00026.jpg

The HRT Subway actually also ends at Union Station

SNC00025.jpg

Here it is folks, our HRT Subway. The Red Line(Top branch goes to Hollywood and Universal. The purple branch goes to Wilshire Western. The W/W is the one that will soon be extended.

SNC00024.jpg

Wilshire/Vermont is where the Branches split.

SNC00043.jpg

You can see the split in the track. The tunnel going to right is the North Hollywood Branch and and left tunnel goes to Wilshire Western.

SNC00041.jpg

As you can see, this train is going to North Hollywood.

SNC00042.jpg

More pics of the Blue Line LRT:

This train is headed to Willow. During rush hour, to get more trains on the LA segment, they turn around half the trains at Willow Station(Don't forget the LA Blue Line is one of busiest LRT lines in the country)

SNC00006.jpg

Wardlow Station LRT Station

SNC00005.jpg

Washington LRT Station, turning to head into Downtown LA

SNC00013.jpg

This is the Blue Line Yard in North Long Beach:

SNC00009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few I took from the weekend:

LA Metro Green Line at Crenshaw Blvd Station. This is from the I-105 freeway segment, which makes up most of the green line. The Green Line is even faster than the HRT subway, as some stations are as far as 2-3 miles apart and it's max speed is 65. The green line uses our "second generation" P2000 LRVs built by Siemens.

VIDEOS014.jpg

More pics of the HRT Subway in Downtown LA:

VIDEOS016.jpg

VIDEOS017.jpg

Close up of the Siemens cars used on Green Line. These same models are going to be used on now under-testing Expo Line to Culver City. These were used on Metro Gold Line, but now that the Gold has those new cars, they are going use them on new line. These are freshly re-painted test trains on the new Expo Line track:

TransitPics01161.jpg

TransitPics01163.jpg

I forgot about my Youtube videos. These were taken with just a normal flip video cam, and I don't have the steadiest hands, but here some vids of LA transit in Action:

Red Line HRT: NOTES: The lady in purple shirt looks at the sign because there are 2 branches of the subway(You can see the sign in the vid - Wilshire/Western and North Hollywood), so making sure you get on the right train is essential.

At the end of this vid you can see where the branches split tunnel structure:

Take a ride on our subway:

My avatar in action:

Bus fanning in Santa Monica: (Rapid 3 uses L40LFs, that's right, they run on liquefied natural gas)

• 1 month later...

This weekend I rode the entire length of Metro Local line 224.(Univseral City Station - Olive View Medical Center)

I really wanted to show you guys the NABI Metro 45C CompoBus, a very well built bus that I would say is on par with Orion and New Flyer, not sure about Nova Bus though. Couldn't take many pics as 1) It was crowded, and 2) I got a call just as the bus approached(I'm using my iPhone)

Metro Local 224 Metro 45C arrives at Olive View MC ready to return to Universal City

224001.jpg

224002.jpg

224004.jpg

224006.jpg

Schedule:

224008.jpg

Archived