R42 (A) Question

lilbluefoxie

From what i heard, 2 sets of R32s has been sent to freshpond yard, ether for retiring or other purposes, and that R42 (A) only runs during the AM and PM rush. I caught it entering at 6:16PM at 42nd street, brooklyn bound platform.

I only seen One set there Yesterday when i went past last night.

whats going on? doesnt the (A) line have enough R46's?? why am i witnessing Jamaica R46's on the (C)?? did 200 R32's crap out?

Yeah went I went to the transit museum in brooklyn on tuesday (yesterday) I only saw R46s on the (C) I didn't see any R32s on the (C), I saw two but they were both on the (A). Wierd. Were are all the R32s.

So many diff rumors, it would be nice to have 1 legit source..

Pretty much, idk what the whole purpose of the swapping is for.. For that I would move the R32s to some other line, bump the R46s (Some) from JAM, grab Coney Island R160s and send to to JAM and the R32s go to CI.

Watch when the R46s are off the (C) and its back to R32s.. People will be annoyed as hell.. Now they have to go to the 8 car marker or center.

I agree and said the same thing, it makes no sense and it costs money and more manpower, the R46'S DROP like files on the (A), The C/R's has to make announcements that the train is going to here or there because of incorrect roll signs, They better off sending 50 R42's to the (C) let ENY keep those R32's that they are shopping, let CI have about 50 cars and the rest can stay at 207th have 50 for the (A) (2-3 for rock park service the other 2 can go to lefferts or Mott ave) and the rest can stay on the (C) or go to jamaica for (R) service

Buy doing this the R32's would run way less, brakedown less, who gives a shit if they are in different yards, it would save time and miles on these cars

let the (C) be mostly R46's with half of the R32's and R42's

to me this would make sense

instead of the shit they are doing now

and the R42 still looks like shit lol

from what ive seen, ALL C trains are 46s while the A has 46s, 32s and that one 42. So far i can confirm 2 R32 sets for Rockaway Pk Exp service. That 42 IS a loaner from ENY. The 32s that you do not see are having their HVACs repaired. Runs on the C were not cut. I see them on the same interval as before, everyday.

That is just the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why would 2 more cars not make the curve while 8 can?

Perhaps he got confused and meant that 75-foot cars aren't allowed through the Chrystie Street Connection because of Eastern Division restrictions?

from what ive seen, ALL C trains are 46s while the A has 46s, 32s and that one 42. So far i can confirm 2 R32 sets for Rockaway Pk Exp service. That 42 IS a loaner from ENY. The 32s that you do not see are having their HVACs repaired. Runs on the C were not cut. I see them on the same interval as before, everyday.

The only time the (C) is all R46 is on the weekend, during the week there are as many as 4 R32s on the line. Also from what I have seen, most in not all the (A)s to Rock Park are R32s.

Somewhat off-topic, as it has nothing to do with R42's, but it's the (A):

Is it me, or have the number of R32's on the (A) and R46's on the (C) drastically increased compared to that really steamy Friday?

You're not the only one who noticed,i was on the (A) line yesterday. i saw the (C) line that was all R46 and 4-6 R32 (A) trains.also spotted 3 of them and the R42 train going to Rock Pk.

The only time the (C) is all R46 is on the weekend, during the week there are as many as 4 R32s on the line. Also from what I have seen, most in not all the (A)s to Rock Park are R32s.

well in my commute from rockaway to west 4 all week, i have yet to see a R32 C this week.

And like i stated before, ive seen 2 sets of 32s for Rock Pk. I havent seen the other 3 so i didnt stat all of them were :tup:

Those R32's Need to be removed from (C) service in trade for the ®'s R46's

and a quick question; anyone know when the last 48 R42's are getting pulled from service??

Those 48 R42 cars arn't being pulled from service,not any time soon.

Those R32's Need to be removed from (C) service in trade for the ®'s R46's

and a quick question; anyone know when the last 48 R42's are getting pulled from service??

I Agree, but i wouldn't take all of them, the® could use 50 R32's that was the plan last year back in may when 207th was going to send 24 R32's for (R) service, but Instead pitkin sent 2 trainsets of R46's back for in exchange for those 26 R32's, If anything the (C) SHOULD use those 50 R42's with some R32's and the rest R46's

And send the 50 R32's to ENY, That would make the R42's LAST Much longer all they need to do is fix them up and send them to 207th for (C) service just keep the (C) full lengh they have enoguh cars they just need to send some R32's somewhere else.

The R-32s on the (J) seem like a good idea. The C/R would be in the middle since the T/O's cab (on the 4th and 5th cars of the train) also has the C/R's controls too, unlike the R-42, (hope I'm not wrong in this part, correct me if I am)

The R-32s on the (J) seem like a good idea. The C/R would be in the middle since the T/O's cab (on the 4th and 5th cars of the train) also has the C/R's controls too, unlike the R-42, (hope I'm not wrong in this part, correct me if I am)

Yep It would Make sense because the C/R boards are in the same spot, The R160's and R32's Can use those boards, plus they are not rusting like the R42's, It would be smart to keep the R42's on the (C) if they want them to last longer.

Archived