R42 (A) Question

lilbluefoxie

Yep It would Make sense because the C/R boards are in the same spot, The R160's and R32's Can use those boards, plus they are not rusting like the R42's, It would be smart to keep the R42's on the (C) if they want them to last longer.

I agree with the boards with the R-32/160. R-42s on the (C), hopefully a 10 car train of R-42s also, and the (A) as well.

The R-32s on the (J) seem like a good idea. The C/R would be in the middle since the T/O's cab (on the 4th and 5th cars of the train) also has the C/R's controls too, unlike the R-42, (hope I'm not wrong in this part, correct me if I am)

Yep It would Make sense because the C/R boards are in the same spot, The R160's and R32's Can use those boards, plus they are not rusting like the R42's, It would be smart to keep the R42's on the (C) if they want them to last longer.

Can a mod delete this one, i already made a simular post sorry for the dobule post

C/R has no seat on 10 car 42s (same with 10 car 32s).

Can't have a 8 car R42 with Seats in the C/R cab, the no 1 end of an R42 don't have C/R controls only the no 2 end, I already know u know that lol, but as for the R32 8 car yes 10 car nope, C/R is assed out lol

I Agree, but i wouldn't take all of them, the® could use 50 R32's that was the plan last year back in may when 207th was going to send 24 R32's for (R) service, but Instead pitkin sent 2 trainsets of R46's back for in exchange for those 26 R32's, If anything the (C) SHOULD use those 50 R42's with some R32's and the rest R46's

And send the 50 R32's to ENY, That would make the R42's LAST Much longer all they need to do is fix them up and send them to 207th for (C) service just keep the (C) full lengh they have enoguh cars they just need to send some R32's somewhere else.

hey, theres only 48 R42 cars left now. 4820-4821 got taken out. :tdown:

I personally think those R42's should run on the (A) (as spares) and just leave the (C) with some R32's and R46's. I do see your point in having the (C) mix fleets...but I dont think the R42's can hold up underground with 38 stops...Remember what happened with the (E)/(F)(R) when those lines had R42's ...they broke down left n right...Especially on the (E)/(F) :mad:

The day when a R32 (J) Pull up to Bway-Jct,the ENY shop crew would have to be on board to prevent foaming and Foamer sabotage of critical parts.:D Like roll signs.

Yeah one R32 was in School car yesterday around 2pm on the (J) line, it was spotted at Marcy

oh well, guess what, the R32's are going to ENY in the near future, theres nothing anyone can do stop the foaming Lol. on a side note, im sure the (J) riders wouldnt mind these cars on their line, since the Line has R160's. IMO the R32's are an upgrade from the R42's

oh well, guess what, the R32's are going to ENY in the near future, theres nothing anyone can do stop the foaming Lol. on a side note, im sure the (J) riders wouldnt mind these cars on their line, since the Line has R160's. IMO the R32's are an upgrade from the R42's

Says who?

I doubt the R42's will retire soon, They need them for service but I do think the R42's would end thier lives on the 8th Ave line, It would be wise to send them to 207th for (C) service, I had enough of this oh it wouldn't be enoguh cars and the (C) wouldn't have spares look at the (C) now with the R46's, there is no problem so it can go full length, and send ENY those 50 R32's, It would be wise to keep the R42's going, they look horrible and they need some work on them, and the TA has no choice but to keep them, The (MTA) is still talking about a Plan and it involes the (J), won't say the rest but some of you should know this by now.

Ok all the R32's should dominate the (A) and that 1 set of R42 should just stay on 207th property for (A)(C) service...as a matter of fact, the (MTA) should SMS the remaining R42's and send those to the (A)(C) and send 50 R32's to ENY. End Result the (C) becomes fully R46 and the (A) uses w.e. and (J) riders deal with R32 (Z) or (J) trains. Problem solved B)

Archived