Texas Gov. Rick Perry throws hat into 2012 GOP Presidential race

Shortline Bus

Oh, I'll take you up on that one. And this time, PolitiFact is gonna help me out again. Now, lets check it out- a statement from the National Republican Senatorial Committee stated that PolitiFact rated that as false. Why? Using a variety of sources (which I will now use), the White House found that 573,510 full-time equivalent jobs were funded by stimulus fund contracts, grants and loans. A report from the White House found that

But don't take from me or the biased people inside White House Council Of Economic Advisers, take it from the CBO, who found that between 1.3 million and 3.6 million jobs saved or created. Or from IHS/Global Insight, which found that 2.45 million jobs were saved or created. Or from Macroeconomic Advisers, which found that 2.3 million jobs were saved or created. Or from Moody’s Economy.com, which also found that 2.5 million jobs were saved or created. Eric Cantor (R-VA) also stated that Agian, rated as false, using the same figures. But it includes this,

Yes you do have that right. That is the beauty of this country- we can believe what in our opinion, is right, regardless of what anyone else tells you.

Some food for thought.

Here is some food for thought: When Obama entered office, the unemployment rate was at 7.8%. When the Stimulus Package was passed in February 2009, the unemployment rate was at 8.2 percent. One year after the Stimulus Package became law, it was at 9.7%. On the second anniversary, it was at 8.9%. Currently, as of July, it is at 9.1%.

Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics

If the stimulus package is so great, why is unemployment still high and why is economic growth so low?

@ R68

Stimulus + bailouts only work if the money is circulated into the economy. Right now the major corporations and banking sector are hoarding the money instead of hiring and building which circulates money into the economy. Perhaps you'd better re-read those media outlets you claimed to have read. This stuff is basic junior high economics not rocket science and both sides of the political spectrum understand the problem. The problem is how to fix it and get money flowing again to the general population and not line the pockets of the already rich corporations. Meanwhile with the 2012 election cycle on the horizon the parties are blaming each other while the populace suffers. Just my opinion. Carry on.

Archived