Failing to respond or declining the pre-interview and medical examination

guile84

I received a letter of appointment for pre-interview. Currently I have a nice job and no desire for moving back to NY. I'm planning to send a signed letter with declination because of inability to accept at this time. Is that considered different then not responding at all to the appointment or they take your name out of list regardless? Please let me know.

They take your name off the list regardless.

"Not responding" to the pre-employment letter basically lets the system know you "failed to report"; responding to the letter lets the employment center you have no interest at this time. The latter is the 'nicest' way of going about it, but not necessary.

However, if - at a later date - you withdraw your decision and would like to join the MTA team then you can restore you name back to the calling list; you will not lose seniority on the list.

They take your name off the list regardless.

"Not responding" to the pre-employment letter basically lets the system know you "failed to report"; responding to the letter lets the employment center you have no interest at this time. The latter is the 'nicest' way of going about it, but not necessary.

However, if - at a later date - you withdraw your decision and would like to join the MTA team then you can restore you name back to the calling list; you will not lose seniority on the list.

I did not understand what u meant by "if - at a later date - you withdraw your decision and would like to join the MTA team then you can restore you name back to the calling list"...Do u mean if I show up for an appointment for pre-interview but withdraw my decision to join after that?

Don't blame you one bit for not wanting to move back to NY.

Most who move out never come back unless to visit relatives.

Queens isn't what it used to be....for those wondering the OP

is on the CI list from exam 8080.

NY has no quality of living...even if u make decent money (65-90k)....unless u r 1 of those wall street people or some1 like Bloomberg makin millions.

I did not understand what u meant by "if - at a later date - you withdraw your decision and would like to join the MTA team then you can restore you name back to the calling list"...Do u mean if I show up for an appointment for pre-interview but withdraw my decision to join after that?

I meant you're not interested, but, then, after the pre-employment date has passed and you've had a change of heart, you can restore your name back to list. You have a total of 3 times one can restore their name back to the list.

So just say things aren't looking your way in a few months (assuming the list hasn't expired yet), you can have that "change of heart", restore your name back, and wait for a second pre-employment letter to be sent to you.

NY has no quality of living...even if u make decent money (65-90k)....unless u r 1 of those wall street people or some1 like Bloomberg makin millions.

That depends on what you're looking for, I mean it depends if you're the type of guy who's not into urban living and rather live suburban lifestyle with of course the lower taxes.

Okay. So in that case do I need to mail them the letter and not show up or it doesn't matter if I mail the letter or not?

As said earlier, either way they took your name of the list.

You'll be eligible for list restoration regardless.

Good luck with your decision.

Archived