Is X80 Event Bus Discountinued?

FamousNYLover

I was wondering if X80 Show Event bus discontinued to budget issue?

There seem to be no information about Randall's Island concert on MTA's NYCT Planned Service Change.

Why would it be? Isn't it basically the M35 but costs $5.50 instead of $2.25?

I was wondering if X80 Show Event bus discontinued to budget issue?

There seem to be no information about Randall's Island concert on MTA's NYCT Planned Service Change.

It Still runs, but the MTA trys to keep it a secret!

Why would it be? Isn't it basically the M35 but costs $5.50 instead of $2.25?

It does still run....

It does still run....

Oh, my post was a bit unclear... I was trying to say why would the MTA discontinue it if they're making $5.50 per person as opposed to the regular $2.25, and people are willing to pay for it? In my opinion they should replace the M35 with the X80 all times because it's the only public transportation link to Randall's Island and there is a demand for it.

Oh, my post was a bit unclear... I was trying to say why would the MTA discontinue it if they're making $5.50 per person as opposed to the regular $2.25, and people are willing to pay for it? In my opinion they should replace the M35 with the X80 all times because it's the only public transportation link to Randall's Island and there is a demand for it.

People use it... and they don't want the M35 to be overcrowded

People use it... and they don't want the M35 to be overcrowded

I mean the MTA should make the X80 run all the time, and eliminate the M35. Charge people $5.50 to get to Randall's Island so that the MTA can get some more money.

I mean the MTA should make the X80 run all the time, and eliminate the M35. Charge people $5.50 to get to Randall's Island so that the MTA can get some more money.

You obviously haven't been on the M35 ESPECIALLY during track season.

That bus is packed at ALL times, despite its schedule.

Oh, my post was a bit unclear... I was trying to say why would the MTA discontinue it if they're making $5.50 per person as opposed to the regular $2.25, and people are willing to pay for it? In my opinion they should replace the M35 with the X80 all times because it's the only public transportation link to Randall's Island and there is a demand for it

Your opinion holds nothin but rusty water here..... Truly shows you don't have the faintest idea of what you're talkin about, to suggest canning the M35 to have an express bus to/from Randall's Island solely in its place.... M35 ridership & x80 usage (when it runs) is no where near synonymous with each other.....

Go stand over there on the NW corner of 125th & Lex and you tell me if those are the kind of folks that you can willingly (meaning without ANY opposition or conflict) get 5 dollars & 50 cents a ride from.....

Here is example of X80 I took on April 14th, 2010 after I was coming back from Bee-Line Public Hearing. X80 riders are dress for concert.

IMG_3796.jpg

I remember there was long line for X80 and for regular M35.

Here are more for newcomers who did not see this pic.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

When I was taking shot, M35 folks were not interest to ride X80.

Does anyone know if theres an X80 timetable around?

Go ride the M35 aka the Mental 35(Mental bus lol pretty much), before you even say that. When I ride the M35(Many times), that bus is PACKED as crazy. 2 Buses run along that route. Usually both of them are together which packs up 125th and Lex.

I think the X80 should be cut because I hardly even see much of ridership. Pretty much the ones with $$$$ and are in a rush ill grab that. Its just a premium version of the M35. Which isnt much, because it aint on MCIs.

M35 stays where it is. Plus besides mental people riding the buses, people who go to that Track field and the park also use this bus.

But the nutjobs won't have a cheap way to get to Ward's Island.

Sure they will. Its called, walking over the RFK Bridge or Wards Island Bridge :P. Thats the FREE way!

Here is example of X80 I took on April 14th, 2010 after I was coming back from Bee-Line Public Hearing. X80 riders are dress for concert.

IMG_3796.jpg

I remember there was long line for X80 and for regular M35.

When I was taking shot, M35 folks were not interest to ride X80.

of course they weren't.... lol....

Thanks for posting that pic... illustrates all our points (except Gorgor's) perfectly..... Just take a look of the people and how they're dressed boarding that x80....

....because those are people w/o doubt, wouldn't think twice about taking the M35 !

Ok whatever. What I really was trying to say was just charge $5.50 to get to Randall's Island at all times rather than the current $2.25. It's the only method of public transportation to the island so people going there will have to pay it still.

And no, I've never taken the M35/X80 to Randall's Island. I always either take a cab or get driven there in a car.

Ok whatever. What I really was trying to say was just charge $5.50 to get to Randall's Island at all times rather than the current $2.25. It's the only method of public transportation to the island so people going there will have to pay it still.

And no, I've never taken the M35/X80 to Randall's Island. I always either take a cab or get driven there in a car.

We understood you the first time.... no need to repeat yourself....

The suggestion was foolish then, and it still is now.

Such a move would not be in the best interest for the MTA.... You're goin on the notion that since the M35 is the only local bus that goes out there, you replace it w/ expresses - and current M35 riders would automatically conform with the fare increase just because....

The MTA would absolutely lose money that way.....

Look, you don't swap locals with expresses & actually come to expect a 0% (or otherwise minimal) loss in ridership.... that's very bad business for anyone that would engage in that....

Those taxi's that pickup over there @ MNRR 125th st would gladly swoop through & take pax to Randall's Island for a cheaper rate than some 5.50.....

Still lamenting over the fact the X90 is gone, huh?

We understood you the first time.... no need to repeat yourself....

The suggestion was foolish then, and it still is now.

Such a move would not be in the best interest for the MTA.... You're goin on the notion that since the M35 is the only local bus that goes out there, you replace it w/ expresses - and current M35 riders would automatically conform with the fare increase just because....

The MTA would absolutely lose money that way.....

Look, you don't swap locals with expresses & actually come to expect a 0% (or otherwise minimal) loss in ridership.... that's very bad business for anyone that would engage in that....

Those taxi's that pickup over there @ MNRR 125th st would gladly swoop through & take pax to Randall's Island for a cheaper rate than some 5.50.....

Oh, yeah I didn't think of that. Ok yeah nevermind my idea then, just keep the M35 how it is now.

And also, I was just looking at the M35 schedule and it mentions the X80 and X81 in the map section.

Archived