20 years after Crown Heights riots, Brooklyn neighborhood's racial divisions slowly healing

Shortline Bus

But Inwood doesn't have a large Black population, at least as large as Far Rockaway does. Inwood is around 20% Black, whereas Far Rockaway is about 50% Black.

And according to Wikipedia, Far Rockaway does have some temples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Rockaway,_Queens

inwood is a rich man's far rockaway, sans the projects.... don't be fooled by the houses, the QoL sucks out there.... I hate that area.... it's like a suburban version of hempstead if you ask me...

I would say Inwood is more than 20% black, but I agree that it has less blacks than Far Rockaway....

inwood is a rich man's far rockaway, sans the projects.... don't be fooled by the houses, the QoL sucks out there.... I hate that area.... it's like a suburban version of hempstead if you ask me...

I would say Inwood is more than 20% black, but I agree that it has less blacks than Far Rockaway....

Inwood has more Hispanics (around 45%) and a slightly higher White population (around 25%)

Inwood has more Hispanics (around 45%) and a slightly higher White population (around 25%)

yeah, and a lot of Inwood residents are lower than middle class also.... It's got to be the worst of all the communities that five towns is composed of.... Lawrence is probably the best....

you can do your research on that if you want.... I'm goin by personal experience....

yeah, and a lot of Inwood residents are lower than middle class also.... It's got to be the worst of all the communities that five towns is composed of.... Lawrence is probably the best....

you can do your research on that if you want.... I'm goin by personal experience....

I'll take your word for it. From the information I've gathered about different parts of Long Island, your evaluation seems accurate.

I'll take your word for it. From the information I've gathered about different parts of Long Island, your evaluation seems accurate.

Yeah, when I was in my earlier 20s and naïve, I considered Inwood. Then I took a trip up there and saw all of the crap I would have to go through to get there as in sh*tty neighborhoods and thought the wiser of it. Aside from that Inwood is okay, but it is nothing that great up there and while you have your whites and such that do have some money, there are plenty of poor folks up there. In sum not my cup of tea. I wish it was gentrified a bit more up there though because I do enjoy visiting the Cloisters up there. I would go more often if I was certain that an express bus runs near there, but I would probably have to backtrack too much.

Yeah, when I was in my earlier 20s and naïve, I considered Inwood. Then I took a trip up there and saw all of the crap I would have to go through to get there as in sh*tty neighborhoods and thought the wiser of it. Aside from that Inwood is okay, but it is nothing that great up there and while you have your whites and such that do have some money, there are plenty of poor folks up there. In sum not my cup of tea. I wish it was gentrified a bit more up there though because I do enjoy visiting the Cloisters up there. I would go more often if I was certain that an express bus runs near there, but I would probably have to backtrack too much.

We're talkin about Inwood in Nassau County, not the Inwood in upper manhattan.

The inwood in manhattan fell off... it's slowly becoming an extension of washington hgts....

Except that I said: From the information I've gathered about different parts of Long Island, your evaluation seems accurate.

Plus, we were talking about Far Rockaway, which is near Long Island.

I think you need to cut down on the fancy wines. :(

Oh please. I never even knew that there was another Inwood outside of the one in Manhattan, esp. not in Long Island of all places. Boy we went from Crown Heights to some so called well know town out in Long Island... ;)

Oh please. I never even knew that there was another Inwood outside of the one in Manhattan, esp. not in Long Island of all places. Boy we went from Crown Heights to some so called well know town out in Long Island... :P

Well, you could've inferred it based on what I was talking about, but whatever...

B35 did mention Hempstead, which is nowhere near Upper Manhattan.

In any case, LMAO at the "new black" comment. :tup:

lol... You think I was really reading all of that? I would've had to have backtracked on some posts, which I didn't feel like doing, so I saw one of his latest posts and saw Inwood and thought, oh Manhattan, I'll chime in on this one. ;)

lol... You think I was really reading all of that? I would've had to have backtracked on some posts, which I didn't feel like doing, so I saw one of his latest posts and saw Inwood and thought, oh Manhattan, I'll chime in on this one. B)

In the post you quoted, I mentioned Long Island. :(

Don't worry about it. Mistakes happen.

Archived