Which Qualities Are Most Important 4 Our Next MTA Chairman- Straphangers Campaign Poll

FamousNYLover

I just got email from Straphangers Campaign.

Governor Cuomo is looking for the next Chairperson of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. We would like to know what qualities do you think are most important for the new MTA Chairperson to possess. Let us know by taking our poll.

Yuki no offense. No matter what us the public including NYPIRG/Straphangers thinks, it boils down to politics in what Gov. Cuomo picks as the next 'boss' of the (MTA). As i said this will be intresting to see his pick as up until now in his 8 months in office and during the 2010 Campaign he has said little or nothing his (MTA) agenda or plan.

Ideally it should someone with both a business and mass transit management background. However with this job it can be anyone since it's political. I always felt that the state senate/assembly should be able to confirm the pick like state judges as this is an important job.

Not a bad topic/poll but there little point in it.

Yuki no offense. No matter what us the public including NYPIRG/Straphangers thinks, it boils down to politics in what Gov. Cuomo picks as the next 'boss' of the (MTA). As i said this will be intresting to see his pick as up until now in his 8 months in office and during the 2010 Campaign he has said little or nothing his (MTA) agenda or plan.

Ideally it should someone with both a business and mass transit management background. However with this job it can be anyone since it's political. I always felt that the state senate/assembly should be able to confirm the pick like state judges as this is an important job.

Not a bad topic/poll but there little point in it.

The pot calling the kettle black....

We need someone who believes in mass transit. Someone who preferably has worked in some part of the MTA doing actual work like driving the trains or clicking the tickets, not the desk jockeys up top, and someone who can actually get Capital construction projects done, not have em take forever. Insist that they are done at a certain time and ride the contractors to keep em on task and on schedule.

Archived