When Jamaica closes for rebuild...

dmouse

The only thing I'm anticipating is riding an Orion 5.501 on a Jamaica line :cool:

:vomit: :)

Yeah, FLA might be right. NGS will all go to CS, while RTS all will go to QV.

Orion V's on the (Q30) :drool:!

Lets not think too far ahead now. Just like NGs going to Fresh Pond, NGs could also go to Queens Village, anything can happen.

I think, they might store buses at the lot or use that lot next to york college and maintan the Buses at QV and CS, They should just tear down the depot and make one from ground up exact location they have various locations near the depot, that lot near york college is a good spot or that waste of land, tear down one of the projects oh well lol

I think, they might store buses at the lot or use that lot next to york college and maintan the Buses at QV and CS, They should just tear down the depot and make one from ground up exact location they have various locations near the depot, that lot near york college is a good spot or that waste of land, tear down one of the projects oh well lol

That lot you're talking about that is on Liberty Av near 165th St is owned by York College. Good luck getting them to letting the MTA borrow that property. That was discussed going back to when this topic was first brought up. I actually asked a former employee of the MTA and other current employees responded I think on BusChat that it is owned by York College. I do agree about that land being a waste of space.

That lot you're talking about that is on Liberty Av near 165th St is owned by York College. Good luck getting them to letting the MTA borrow that property. That was discussed going back to when this topic was first brought up. I actually asked a former employee of the MTA and other current employees responded I think on BusChat that it is owned by York College. I do agree about that land being a waste of space.

I've seen that lot being used in recent years for summertime concerts at York College if they can't pack in the hall inside. But yeah, good luck getting that property.. Most definitely queens will be VERY CROWDED once Jamaica goes for repairs. PS: Can any of those bus lines formentioned go to Fresh Pond OR East New York possibly to allevate CS and QV. I feel that 1 or 2 bus lines can go to Brooklyn as a possible interline. (I could be wrong) Correction is needed*

I've seen that lot being used in recent years for summertime concerts at York College if they can't pack in the hall inside. But yeah, good luck getting that property.. Most definitely queens will be VERY CROWDED once Jamaica goes for repairs. PS: Can any of those bus lines formentioned go to Fresh Pond OR East New York possibly to allevate CS and QV. I feel that 1 or 2 bus lines can go to Brooklyn as a possible interline. (I could be wrong) Correction is needed*

Maybe eny but none of the routes go that far.

If Jamaica closes for rehab, don't be surprised to see the Q44 move to West Farms in order to make room for the Q17, Q27, Q30, and possibly the Q46 or Q88 over there. This would free space at Queens Village up for the Q3, 4, 5, 42, 77, 84, and 85.

The (Q44) can't go to WF beacuse it's interlined with (Q20).

Guys, I think we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves here. Let's wait until Jamaica actually closes, which IF IT DOES...it won't be until AFTER 126th St gets rehabbed. So we got time.

Oh and to answer the question, NONE of the routes would make sense going to East New York OR Fresh Pond. The deadheads would be ridiculous. Just my take.

Guys, I think we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves here. Let's wait until Jamaica actually closes, which IF IT DOES...it won't be until AFTER 126th St gets rehabbed. So we got time.

Oh and to answer the question, NONE of the routes would make sense going to East New York OR Fresh Pond. The deadheads would be ridiculous. Just my take.

ahh gotcha! Only reason I'd say that is b/c of the Queens routes both depots serve, but yes.. deadheads would be crazy.

And who know's by that time NYCT and MTAB could be one and that opens up alot more possibilities.

Orion V's on the (Q30) :drool:!

and if this happens what are you going to do when you see 666 with a (Q30) sign on it? ;)

IMO They should send some of the buses to that extra storage lot at CS. The last time I saw that lot It could handle about 30 buses.

When is this closure supposed to happen?

Imagine if they closed CS... the chaos that would ensue!

Then I'll see an RTS on mah Q28!!

@4P3607 IIRC, I think I saw some Orion V with Q30 signage, and I think it was in service as a loaner! And IIRC again, the last time I went to CS that lot was for the workers to park there. There was a place where the road was uneven.

They arent going to do any of the above. They are going to close Jamaica, ship all the buses and routes off to other depots, and build a brand new one.

The depot isn't being rehabbed.

Do you know when this will happen? 2012?

Construction of Jamaica 2.0 is set to begin June 2014.

Looking over the documents now, and they don't say anything about Jamaica 1.0 closing at all.

This could mean the depot will remain open during construction of the new one. That would also mean the depot will not be at the existing location.

However, it is way to early to talk about what route is going where, because at this point in time they may not be going anywhere at all!:confused:

Looking over the documents now, and they don't say anything about Jamaica 1.0 closing at all.

This could mean the depot will remain open during construction of the new one. That would also mean the depot will not be at the existing location.

However, it is way to early to talk about what route is going where, because at this point in time they may not be going anywhere at all!:confused:

Hmm, maybe in an open lot somewhere not owned by property?

This was what I said earlier. Thanks for that information.

Hmm I wonder where this new location will be...

Oh well wait till 2014 then

Well, there have been a few choices which I've mentioned in other threads. I do know that it will be bigger than the current depot. If only those businesses along Merrick Blvd next to the depot were not in the way...UGH!

I'm curious as to how this would work out,

would the Q17 go to CS

while the other routes to QV?

(im basing this off how close the depots are)

Would that overcrowd QV? or CS?

share your ideas and thoughts

If Jamaica Depot is to be rebuilt on site, then I would suggest the following...

Step 1:

Clear out Baisley Park: Q110 to Queens Village; Q111, Q113 to JFK; Q112 to JFK or Spring Creek. If necessary, move Q7 (part), Q8 (all), Q11 (part or all), Q41 (part or all) to Spring Creek.

Step 2:

Move as many Jamaica routes as possible to Baisley Park. If necessary, move Q4, Q30 to Queens Village and Q17 to CS.

Archived