When Jamaica closes for rebuild...

dmouse

If Jamaica Depot is to be rebuilt on site, then I would suggest the following...

Step 1:

Clear out Baisley Park: Q110 to Queens Village; Q111, Q113 to JFK; Q112 to JFK or Spring Creek. If necessary, move Q7 (part), Q8 (all), Q11 (part or all), Q41 (part or all) to Spring Creek.

Step 2:

Move as many Jamaica routes as possible to Baisley Park. If necessary, move Q4, Q30 to Queens Village and Q17 to CS.

Not possible man, Jamaica is (MTA) New York City Bus, and Baisley is (MTA) Bus. Besides, the depots have different unions. Baisley was former Jamaica bus lines and JFK was former green lines which means they have a different union.

That's as far as operations. (He would have to do something else with the 110. The line that goes to the Rockaways would go to Far Rock, and the 110 could just go to JFK).

Still, the unions don't own the buildings. So I wonder if they could move operations between buildings like that. It would basically be rechristening Baisley into a temporary Jamaica

Not possible man, Jamaica is (MTA) New York City Bus, and Baisley is (MTA) Bus. Besides, the depots have different unions. Baisley was former Jamaica bus lines and JFK was former green lines which means they have a different union.

NYCT, and MTAB will be merged under the same East New York Command once Jamaica is rebuilt. Anything is possible by then.

That's as far as operations. (He would have to do something else with the 110. The line that goes to the Rockaways would go to Far Rock, and the 110 could just go to JFK).

Still, the unions don't own the buildings. So I wonder if they could move operations between buildings like that. It would basically be rechristening Baisley into a temporary Jamaica

All the work will likely go to NYCT depots. To be honest Eric, I don't think Baisley could handle to many more buses or routes. The depot is fairly small. They have less than 100 buses now.

The PBL's own the depots. MTA leases them.

now do you know if we merged with nyct is it just talk or will happen for sure

The Command operations, dispatch, and fare collection systems will be merged. This is already in the works. So reading between the lines here.......

It's inevitable. To a certain extent that is......

The Command operations, dispatch, and fare collection systems will be merged. This is already in the works. So reading between the lines here.......

It's inevitable. To a certain extent that is......

YES i cant wait until we are all one, and also cant wait till we can start picking into other TA or at least OA depots when ever that will happen. Hope its sooner( this up coming contract) rather then later. Any comment ENY your very reliable when it comes to info.:tup:

Archived