MTA officials 'didn't do their homework' before rejecting Queens bus line, locals say

Harry

Well we know, of course you don't give a damn about serving those riders in Glen Oaks & Little Neck that have no north-south bus service.... instead, you see this as an opportunity to insert your cockamamy ideas...

my idea isn't about the community its about travel patterns and getting ppl out of their cars.

....and that right there is the problem.

Thanks for the confirmation & admittal.

My point makes no sense, but you think an N6 rider is seeking destinations along Little Neck Pkwy?

Funny how he talks about travel patterns when he doesn't know what they are, of those ppl. out there..... We're wasting our time goin any further, fam...

It aint about the community w/ him... It's about how many people he can try to get out of their personal vehicles and the travel patterns of them & others....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point makes no sense, but you think an N6 rider is seeking destinations along Little Neck Pkwy?

its not about the N6 or current riders I was talking about N1 and new riders that will be gained as a result or completing the route's area. This has little to do with current N6 riders it would indirectly impact ridership on N1 look over the area its not always about existing riders.

....and that right there is the problem.

Thanks for the confirmation & admittal.

Funny how he talks about travel patterns when he doesn't know what they are, of those ppl. out there..... We're wasting our time goin any further, fam...

It aint about the community w/ him... It's about how many people he can try to get out of their personal vehicles and the travel patterns of them & others....

MY plan if sucessful has indirect benefit for the community cause if the elmont routing gets ppl out of their cars then there will be more reasons to keep the route and it will no longer suffer low ridership. The admittance I already made my point on that earlier getting additional riders would be the thing that will kill MTA's numbers argument dead. I abandoned the gwb idea cause that issue is best dealt with by coachusa's GWB lines and if successful can reverse some crippling cuts to some red and tan NJ(northern) lines based off of GWB. O and when I talk about travel patterns I am referring to motorist travel patterns for potential ridership and a new ridership base. The Q79's strength is it's speed.

I normally don't post here, because I'm not fluent in transit jargon, but when I see someone slander my neighbourhood of residence with preposterous ideas, I feel I must inform them of what the area is like. As someone who has lived in the Floral Park neighbourhood for the better part of the last ten years. I can tell you that any wild extension ideas are absolute and total rubbish. The Q79 was most utilised by students commuting to school and the elderly looking to do their shopping in any number of shopping centres that exist along the route. It was not for the majority utilised by people looking for a major commute, and will not be used by people looking for a major commute. Floral Park, Bellerose and Glen Oaks residents do not consider themselves full on 'city residents'. Sure they may live within city borders, but they for the most part drive, and will continue to drive to places like the Bronx or other more distant areas. For residents of this area the buses along the main East-West corridors such as the Q46, Q43 and Q36 as well as the QM6 are utilised far more often when commuting, because they provide access to Manhattan: a locale to which they are legitimately in need of getting. In addition to the everyday behaviour and tendencies of these residents, I can honestly say that local transport options to the Bronx would be nugatory because very few have reason to travel there regularly. Bob Friedrich, the organiser of this plan, whom I happen to know favours only a restoration to service the needs of those who rode the bus, NOT to turn Little Neck parkway into a major transit route. While your efforts might be admirable, you must understand the flavour and tendencies of a particular neighbourhood, before implementing such ideas, otherwise they will not be embraced by residents.

MY plan if sucessful has indirect benefit for the community cause if the elmont routing gets ppl out of their cars then there will be more reasons to keep the route and it will no longer suffer low ridership. The admittance I already made my point on that earlier getting additional riders would be the thing that will kill MTA's numbers argument dead. I abandoned the gwb idea cause that issue is best dealt with by coachusa's GWB lines and if successful can reverse some crippling cuts to some red and tan NJ(northern) lines based off of GWB. O and when I talk about travel patterns I am referring to motorist travel patterns for potential ridership and a new ridership base. The Q79's strength is it's speed.

Ok, we get it. You're the modern day anti-Robert Moses. So much for the (MTA) not doing their homework. You, QJT don't do your homework when it comes down to city routes

A simple solution to me would involve three routes: the Q36, Q46, and Q110.

1. Flip the Q36 and Q110 east of Hempstead Avenue; the Q36 would head to Belmont Park and the Q110 would be on Jamaica Avenue/Jericho Turnpike to Little Neck Parkway, and I would extend the Q110 up Little Neck Parkway and Marcus Avenue to LIJ (with a diversion through Glen Oaks). Alternating Q110 trips would be extended past Floral Park.

2. Extend the Q46 Glen Oaks branch (give it the Q45 number, which will be open beginning in the fall) to the Little Neck LIRR station, and add Saturday service.

Both services would run Monday-Saturday only, generally 6 AM to 9 PM weekdays and 8 AM to 7 PM on Saturdays.

The Q79 question is so complicated that I can't even point to any specific solution and say, "I am 100% in favor of doing this."

However, let me remind everyone that under the 2009 doomsday plan, Q79 would have stayed, except for weekend elimination and evening span reduction (service ends at 6 PM instead of 7:15 PM, probably akin to eliminating the last four round trips). If revival of the original Q79 route were to be considered, then I would probably start with the 2009 doomsday version.

.....Extend the Q46 Glen Oaks branch (give it the Q45 number, which will be open beginning in the fall) to the Little Neck LIRR station, and add Saturday service.

Both services would run Monday-Saturday only, generally 6 AM to 9 PM weekdays and 8 AM to 7 PM on Saturdays.

What you want to do w/ the Q36 & Q110 is a separate issue, so I won't address it...

....as far as the Q46, I can see backlash from those residents, moving it in any capacity..... But giving you the benefit of the doubt, how much service you plan on sending up there.... that's gonna be overkill, if we're talkin about sending every glen oaks 46 on up to LIRR Little Neck.....

I normally don't post here, because I'm not fluent in transit jargon, but when I see someone slander my neighbourhood of residence with preposterous ideas, I feel I must inform them of what the area is like. As someone who has lived in the Floral Park neighbourhood for the better part of the last ten years. I can tell you that any wild extension ideas are absolute and total rubbish. The Q79 was most utilised by students commuting to school and the elderly looking to do their shopping in any number of shopping centres that exist along the route. It was not for the majority utilised by people looking for a major commute, and will not be used by people looking for a major commute. Floral Park, Bellerose and Glen Oaks residents do not consider themselves full on 'city residents'. Sure they may live within city borders, but they for the most part drive, and will continue to drive to places like the Bronx or other more distant areas. For residents of this area the buses along the main East-West corridors such as the Q46, Q43 and Q36 as well as the QM6 are utilised far more often when commuting, because they provide access to Manhattan: a locale to which they are legitimately in need of getting. In addition to the everyday behaviour and tendencies of these residents, I can honestly say that local transport options to the Bronx would be nugatory because very few have reason to travel there regularly. Bob Friedrich, the organiser of this plan, whom I happen to know favours only a restoration to service the needs of those who rode the bus, NOT to turn Little Neck parkway into a major transit route. While your efforts might be admirable, you must understand the flavour and tendencies of a particular neighbourhood, before implementing such ideas, otherwise they will not be embraced by residents.
I eliminated the bronx part now read my last post. I was talking about elmont NOT BX. I guess you have a point hence why I came up with coachusa idea and backing into using other lines. You sort of understand my actions. I am not trying to turn little neck to a transit route but if it bacomes one then that is an accidental side effect of my plans well tonned down a bit.

Ok, we get it. You're the modern day anti-Robert Moses. So much for the (MTA) not doing their homework. You, QJT don't do your homework when it comes down to city routes
OK you got me I am like an anti-Robert Moses that much is true.

I revised it Q79 is better staying in queens but extending it to elmont still has potential. Since east isn't bx travel then another route would be better It is not Q79 nor does it originate in flushing if done right can indirectly eliminate need for transfer to Q50 to reach co-op city it can help Q44 but not directly

What you want to do w/ the Q36 & Q110 is a separate issue, so I won't address it...

....as far as the Q46, I can see backlash from those residents, moving it in any capacity..... But giving you the benefit of the doubt, how much service you plan on sending up there.... that's gonna be overkill, if we're talkin about sending every glen oaks 46 on up to LIRR Little Neck.....

What might be done is this during weekdays and Saturdays is to send every third Q46 up Little Neck Parkway (similar to the Q20A/B, where every third bus is a Q20B). Westbound, the frequencies might be irregular to prevent overcrowding on some LIJ buses.

I have to admit, I think a combination of the Q79 and N1 would be pretty good (but of course, the problem is that, come next year, the MTA will have to make an agreement with the private company, since the Q79 portion would be outside of Nassau)

I mean, it wouldn't really be for people doing long-distance commutes, but it would be pretty much a straight shot to the Green Acres Mall, and it would offer a connection to the N6 (as well as the LIRR at Floral Park)

dude ur forgetting that Q79 has low ridership brining it back will accomplish nothing. Extending it to floral park is a no-go the ppl blocked it. Anything else???

extending it to elmont via plainfield ave and ending at hempstead makes sense cause it links several corridors in a grid

That makes absolutely no sense especially since LIB is getting eliminated at the end of the year. And I honestly dont believe that you rode the Q79 because if you did, you'd know that them folk are serious when they want their own bus route. Not some route that was concocted by someone that doesnt know a thing about neighborhood, city or route planning....

I have to admit, I think a combination of the Q79 and N1 would be pretty good (but of course, the problem is that, come next year, the MTA will have to make an agreement with the private company, since the Q79 portion would be outside of Nassau)

I mean, it wouldn't really be for people doing long-distance commutes, but it would be pretty much a straight shot to the Green Acres Mall, and it would offer a connection to the N6 (as well as the LIRR at Floral Park)

NOT what I am thinking at all I am NOT combining the Q79 with N1 I am enabling a connection and nothing more did I say merge no I did not.

That makes absolutely no sense especially since LIB is getting eliminated at the end of the year. And I honestly dont believe that you rode the Q79 because if you did, you'd know that them folk are serious when they want their own bus route. Not some route that was concocted by someone that doesnt know a thing about neighborhood, city or route planning....

AGAIN you did NOT read my post cause if you did YOU WILL KNOW I DID NOT SAY MERGE Q79 did I. I know LIB is becoming veolia Q79 will still be their OWN route but it would simply be available to more potential riders if it extended to elmont. Q79 needs NOT go any further than elmont timed transfers with N1 is good enough that's it. If anything N1 should merge with N36 partially. The Q79 needs not a straight shot to green acres just a way or option and a connection with N1 grants that option. I am doing nothing more than creating options. Opposing a 10 to 15 min extension that can increase ridership is very STUPID. I observe MORE that what is on the bus I look at traffic flows and look for new riders something you seem not able to grasp. Game over Bring back Q79 but extend southward to elmont = more riders and a more efficient route that costs less to operate due to increased ridership on surrounding routes. The world doesn't revolve around one isolated line look at surrounding lines and you will know what I mean. I only make few city based suggestions. Most of mine don't involve NYC but when I do speak I figure out all possibilities and choose the best one. The best one is a short extension bypassing floral LIRR to keep nimby's quiet don't bother arguing unless you have a VALID point clearly you did NOT read what I said.

those residents down there barely want the N1 parading through their neighborhood.... what makes you think they want a city bus?

the only reason people (myself included) suggest an extension of the 79 to LIRR Floral Park, is b/c of the LIRR itself.... just so happens that the physical location of it happens to be in nassau county... it's more about that, then the idea of serving Nassau, period.....

that, and sending buses to green acres would yield complaints from the village of floral park (meaning, the nassau side) AND Glen Oaks, Little Neck, and Douglaston residents.... you'd get the whole potential bringing in of crime into our neighborhood argument.... parts of elmont (specifically along hempstead tpke, by the racetrack & on in to queens) aren't to be desired either..... and to be honest, I wouldn't blame em....

you wouldn't be doing anyone any favors by having a service that would basically be an extension of the N1 to little neck.... talk about zero latent ridership.... I mean, it literally has to be zero... I don't see any real commuter of the former Q79 benefitting from that...

This one here isn't directed at you, per say.... but what I can't stand is this practice of resorting to ridding itself of the more "neighborhoody" routes just b/c it garners low ridership, compared to the avg. route...

I mean damn, what does country club have that little neck doesn't (besides actual bus service, that is) :mad:

NOT what I am thinking at all I am NOT combining the Q79 with N1 I am enabling a connection and nothing more did I say merge no I did not.

AGAIN you did NOT read my post cause if you did YOU WILL KNOW I DID NOT SAY MERGE Q79 did I. I know LIB is becoming veolia Q79 will still be their OWN route but it would simply be available to more potential riders if it extended to elmont. Q79 needs NOT go any further than elmont timed transfers with N1 is good enough that's it. If anything N1 should merge with N36 partially. The Q79 needs not a straight shot to green acres just a way or option and a connection with N1 grants that option. I am doing nothing more than creating options. Opposing a 10 to 15 min extension that can increase ridership is very STUPID. I observe MORE that what is on the bus I look at traffic flows and look for new riders something you seem not able to grasp. Game over Bring back Q79 but extend southward to elmont = more riders and a more efficient route that costs less to operate due to increased ridership on surrounding routes. The world doesn't revolve around one isolated line look at surrounding lines and you will know what I mean. I only make few city based suggestions. Most of mine don't involve NYC but when I do speak I figure out all possibilities and choose the best one. The best one is a short extension bypassing floral LIRR to keep nimby's quiet don't bother arguing unless you have a VALID point clearly you did NOT read what I said.

Did I say anything about merging? Learn to read, kid. I read through that disaster of a post and I know you said nothing about merging. If you cant base a route on the neighborhoods itself, you can't be a route planner at all. Sit down, kid.

The Q79 had its own purpose and that was to serve peeps along Little Neck Parkway between the LIRR Station and Floral Park. Sit down and think about this for a minute.

#1. Who in the hell are you trying to attract by sending the Q79 into Long Island?

#2. Who from Long Island would want to commute to Little Neck Parkway or the other end of the terminal?

#3. It'll cost more to operate because you gotta send MORE buses out on the line

#4. For what reason would you want the Q79 to go to Green Acres? Again, you are not attracting any crowds...

#5. Why connect to the N1? Who said N1 riders want a connection to the Q79?

#6. Why send the Q79 to Long Island AT ALL? This of all makes NO sense at ALL! I agree with B35 when it comes to extending it to the Floral Park LIRR, but not all the way out to Green Acres and Elmont/Hempstead....thats just asinine....

No one on the N1 or Q79 will benefit from this fantasy extension/connection. You go and try proposing your plan to those folks, they'll quickly gather their guns, pitchforks and torches and rip you to shreds....

those residents down there barely want the N1 parading through their neighborhood.... what makes you think they want a city bus? I will send it to areas away from them and in a way to reduce car traffic.the only reason people (myself included) suggest an extension of the 79 to LIRR Floral Park, is b/c of the LIRR itself.... just so happens that the physical location of it happens to be in nassau county... it's more about that, then the idea of serving Nassau, period.....

that, and sending buses to green acres would yield complaints from the village of floral park wrong cause N1 will be unchanged and Q79 will NOT go to green acres.(meaning, the nassau side) AND Glen Oaks, Little Neck, and Douglaston residents.... you'd get the whole potential bringing in of crime into our neighborhood argument.... parts of elmont (specifically along hempstead tpke, by the racetrack & on in to queens) aren't to be desired either..... and to be honest, I wouldn't blame em.... You have a point to that extent but the transfer centric structure of the Q79 will eliminate most of those concerns. If anything the stops can be spread out to make it convenient to transfer ppl (new riders) and have few stops or zero stops in the undesireable locations.you wouldn't be doing anyone any favors by having a service that would basically be an extension of the N1 to little neck.... talk about zero latent ridership.... I mean, it literally has to be zero... I don't see any real commuter of the former Q79 benefitting from that...

This one here isn't directed at you, per say.... but what I can't stand is this practice of resorting to ridding itself of the more "neighborhoody" routes just b/c it garners low ridership, compared to the avg. route...

I mean damn, what does country club have that little neck doesn't (besides actual bus service, that is) :mad:

Interesting tell me more about those areas are their crime rates making elmont undesireable??

I am not going to benefit current or former Q79 users this is for NEW riders that will be able to use it. The reason why MTA wants to eliminate neighborhoody routes is more than just low ridership their isolation prevents growth and eliminates potential markets that can benefit the line and corridor within the neighborhood and those neighborhoody lines with exceptions like Q33 and some BK ones and BX23 don't have concentration of riders to support the lines themselves. Also those lines do nothing for the many ppl travelling to and from the said neighborhoods. I am just going by partly what an MTA guy told me at the LIB meeting one said "meandering without purpose" to describe the N8 and Q79 routes. The current Q79 and N1 riders won't really benefit but Now the Q79 and N1 will be open to NEW riders who now have a transit option that's practical increasing demand for Q79 and N1 and any linking route I DK about N6 which doesn't look like it needs more riders if it gets more artics will be nessesary that is a veolia issue and sideeffect. Plus the bringing in crime argument will be easy to SHOOT DOWN cause it's not targeted at the undesireable areas it's targeted at NEW ppl who will no longer need to drive this group of ppl are mostly in NE queens and several different parts and Nassau parts they are not likely to commit any crimes and use the bus to get away. This is strictly a car reduction measure This means when gas prices go up ppl will run to the Q79 and surrounding lines for relief once they learn that the timed connections mean low travel time compareable to driving the ridership will increase forcing service to be adjusted. Thus these ppl who will now have a transit option are mostly middle income ppl and students mostly ppl unlikely to commit crimes. The ppl in the undesireable areas won't really benefit cause the sideeffect of the Q79's schedule and travel path make it impractical for criminals.

Did I say anything about merging? Learn to read, kid. I read through that disaster of a post and I know you said nothing about merging. If you cant base a route on the neighborhoods itself, you can't be a route planner at all. Sit down, kid. I am looking at surrounding neighborhoods and travel patterns through those areas I am looking at new potential riders rather than the small ridership group it served.The Q79 had its own purpose and that was to serve peeps along Little Neck Parkway between the LIRR Station and Floral Park. Sit down and think about this for a minute. The line by itself had too small a ridership base in it's current form!!!!!!!#1. Who in the hell are you trying to attract by sending the Q79 into Long Island? ppl who travell along hempstead tpk to little neck and to points served by Q43 Q46 and other routes that link with Q79 In addition to ppl originating from elmont who will now be able to use the N1 to Q79 to reach parts on little neck and again link to other lines without the car and take advantage of Q79's timed transfers. In addition ppl on hillside and from other areas along routes that link to Q79 heading to elmont or other places who can now use the Q79 to reach their destination rather than drive thus reducing traffic levels. Plus the

Q79's speed will be it's advantage.#2. Who from Long Island would want to commute to Little Neck Parkway or the other end of the terminal?I am using it as a transfer opportunity to reach all buses that link with Q79 Q43 Q46 ect. This will make transit use more practical for different types of travellers who have a pass-through pattern. Several different traveller types that currently don't use Q79 will now be able to use it.#3. It'll cost more to operate because you gotta send MORE buses out on the line ERR NO cause it's only to elmont hempstead tpk it will dead end right there. Plus it will interline select runs with DH Q2 and a few Q110.#4. For what reason would you want the Q79 to go to Green Acres? Again, you are not attracting any crowds... I NEVER SAID Q79 TO GREEN ACRES!!!!!#5. Why connect to the N1? Who said N1 riders want a connection to the Q79? It's NEW riders NOT existing riders.

#6. Why send the Q79 to Long Island AT ALL? This of all makes NO sense at ALL! I agree with B35 when it comes to extending it to the Floral Park LIRR, but not all the way out to Green Acres and Elmont/Hempstead....thats just asinine....

You clearly did NOT read cause if you did you won't waste time on this post.No one on the N1 or Q79 will benefit from this fantasy extension/connection. You go and try proposing your plan to those folks, they'll quickly gather their guns, pitchforks and torches and rip you to shreds.... BULLSHIT This caters to NEW potential riders including few LIRR ones indirectly!!!!! This will have no effect on existing riders. They will simply have company aboard that's all.[/QUOTE]

FOOL I DID NOT SAY SEND Q79 TO GREEN ACRES I SAID ELMONT NOT GREEN ACRES!!!!!!!!!!! Read before you reply!!!!!! I DO NOT think Q79 can go to green acres as that will limit it's ability to function as a crosstown. I SAID ONLY to elmont hempstead tpk. I understand sending it to green acres is asinine that part I agree with due to traffic concerns let those potential riders transfer from N1. BUT I said ONLY to elmont it's very clear you DID NOT READ WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!! Now read before you speak. Plus I am not using little neck parkway as a commuting destination just a transfer point to reach Q43,46 and Q30 and any bus that connected to the former Q79.

Now you understand I am looking at surrounding areas that can have a chain reaction of travel opportunities that will increase ridership thus protecting Q79 from future service cuts and the few interlines will cut down on the buses needed for the route. The Q79 will be able to be manipulated into whatever you want it to be thanks to the routes that link to it. Stand outside and watch where are all those ppl going NOT just bus users but look at those who drive as well. Currently if Q79 was restored without the extension ppl from several areas will have to use 3 buses just to reach little neck that's before reaching other lines that is NOT practical but with the Q79 to elmont that is cut down to just 2 buses before getting to the one you want. This is an example and NOT representing all travel demand: Currently to reach floral park from elmont it takes N6 to N25 then N24 then Q79 for north-south. But with the extention that is reduced to Q79 then choose the linker bus you want to use. Look at the traffic along the southern end of little neck most of it comes from south of jericho some from hempstead tpk others from elmont. The little traffic from several areas builds up before heading to where the Q79 is that is potential demand that can be on veolia and Q79 plus Q85 ans 5 go to long island. The Q79 extension is a very short one anyway a few mins and nothing more. Ridership if increased will force service to be adjusted to demand. Now if you take ur time you will really know the meaning of my words.

B35 at least you bring up points and concerns that are addressable. Sith DROP THE HARSH CRAP disaster of a post seriously that is immature I can understand disagreement but to label someone's opinion as disasterous without a solution is arrogant take a chill pill it's not that serious.

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

tl;dr

Sending it to Elmont STILL makes no sense, you fail to realize that the COMMUNITY wants its OWN bus route, not a unnecessary disaster of a bus route that would take them to places that they dont desire to go to. This is a COMMUNITY thing, not your favorite fantasy wetdream.

Key word in this discussion : COMMUNITY

The new route wont appeal to anyone because there will be community vs community issues. Catering to WHICH LIRR riders? When Long Island Bus is already there? You wont attract either one...No sense at all, kid.

I'm still with B35 on this one. Floral Park LIRR is better than your disastrous plan

Sending it to Elmont STILL makes no sense, you fail to realize that the COMMUNITY wants its OWN bus route, not a unnecessary disaster of a bus route that would take them to places that they dont desire to go to. This is a COMMUNITY thing, not your favorite fantasy wetdream.

Key word in this discussion : COMMUNITY

The new route wont appeal to anyone because there will be community vs community issues. Catering to WHICH LIRR riders? When Long Island Bus is already there? You wont attract either one...No sense at all, kid.

I'm still with B35 on this one. Floral Park LIRR is better than your disastrous plan

The LIRR floral park will be a sideeffect but isn't enough due to infrequent LIRR service. that much I agree with I am not against it at all but YOU CAN'T ALWAYS HAVE WHAT YOU WANT COMMUNITY!!!!!!!! IF you want your route so badly you have to be willing to share and make compromises sometimes you have to do things you don't want to get what you want.

I did NOT mention cater to LIRR riders at all you are bringing up an empty argument here now try to be more logical and less community emotional. I never disagreed with B35's floral park suggestion. Forget the community vs community that is what MTA WANTS TO KILL. I know an MTA guy told me that to my face when I tried to make a case for some LIB routes. I am trying to make an argument not for your opinon but in a way to break the MTA's argument against such routes by manipulating how they think. NOW GET SERIOUS. No one will take you seriously if all you hear from me is blahblah blah seriously how immature can you get GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see how the other thinks you will get nowhere.

The old route failed now come up with a new way to make it work crying to the MTA won't get you anywhere unless you have a reason to convince them otherwise. You have to make an argument to break their so called numbers which is basically all they care about. MTA could care less about isolated routes unless they get heavy use like BX23.

Sometimes YOU CAN'T HAVE A BUS ALL TO UR SELF if you don't use it enough to warrent so if they used the route enough we won't be having this discussion.

Shareing sometimes will protect your route:cool:

you can't hog a route and limit it's ability. The N6 has more potential than the hempstead line period the floral park LIRR pales in comparison. Look at it's schedule will ppl use that line to reach Q79 that line alone is NOT enough get the community selfishness out of ur mind ur letting them think for you think about the areas arond the route rather than one area.

The LIRR floral park will be a sideeffect but isn't enough due to infrequent LIRR service. that much I agree with I am not against it at all but YOU CAN'T ALWAYS HAVE WHAT YOU WANT COMMUNITY!!!!!!!! IF you want your route so badly you have to be willing to share and make compromises sometimes you have to do things you don't want to get what you want.

I did NOT mention cater to LIRR riders at all you are bringing up an empty argument here now try to be more logical and less community emotional. I never disagreed with B35's floral park suggestion. Forget the community vs community that is what MTA WANTS TO KILL. I know an MTA guy told me that to my face when I tried to make a case for some LIB routes. I am trying to make an argument not for your opinon but in a way to break the MTA's argument against such routes by manipulating how they think. NOW GET SERIOUS. No one will take you seriously if all you hear from me is blahblah blah seriously how immature can you get GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see how the other thinks you will get nowhere.

The old route failed now come up with a new way to make it work crying to the MTA won't get you anywhere unless you have a reason to convince them otherwise. You have to make an argument to break their so called numbers which is basically all they care about. MTA could care less about isolated routes unless they get heavy use like BX23.

Sometimes YOU CAN'T HAVE A BUS ALL TO UR SELF if you don't use it enough to warrent so if they used the route enough we won't be having this discussion.

Shareing sometimes will protect your route:cool:

you can't hog a route and limit it's ability. The N6 has more potential than the hempstead line period the floral park LIRR pales in comparison. Look at it's schedule will ppl use that line to reach Q79 that line alone is NOT enough get the community selfishness out of ur mind ur letting them think for you think about the areas arond the route rather than one area.

#1. The Bx23 isnt an isolated route, what in the blue hell are you talking about?

#2. I'd like to know who is this "guy" that told you that load of crap

#3. I'm bringing up an empty arguement? You keep changing your points left and right, you dont even have a solid point, hence YOU are bringing up an empty arguement.

For example.

BULLSHIT This caters to NEW potential riders including few LIRR ones

And now you say it wont cater to LIRR customers? You dont even know what point you are trying to reach, just stop with your nonsense already.

#4. A community cant have a bus route of their own? HA! Go tell that to the folks of the Bx24.....

#5. Like I said, present your plan to the folks who want the route back. I just hope you come back in one peace.

#6. For the bold part.....what? Can you please make some sense for once in your life. For the love of god, are you like 9 years old?

#1. The Bx23 isnt an isolated route, what in the blue hell are you talking about?

#2. I'd like to know who is this "guy" that told you that load of crap

#3. I'm bringing up an empty arguement? You keep changing your points left and right, you dont even have a solid point, hence YOU are bringing up an empty arguement.

For example.

And now you say it wont cater to LIRR customers? You dont even know what point you are trying to reach, just stop with your nonsense already. I say it WON'T ONLY CATER TO LIRR ALONE. It will have more potential as others from LIRR and NEW riders that can use N1 and people from other areas who can now use buses to reach Q79.

#4. A community cant have a bus route of their own? HA! Go tell that to the folks of the Bx24..... BX24 was unique it's area didn't have as many regional travellers passing through the area so that line ignores few potential riders.#5. Like I said, present your plan to the folks who want the route back. I just hope you come back in one peace. thanks for your concern I spoke before I know I will return in one piece #6. For the bold part.....what? Can you please make some sense for once in your life. For the love of god, are you like 9 years old?

I understand ur skeptism but sometimes you have to think differently I understand you disagree that is ok. I am more long range as you know I don't favor short range. I am only trying to kill and neutralize MTA's BS argument. NOT just for the sake of the community or the route but I am trying to expose flaws in MTA's argument by using their own argument against them.

I understand ur skeptism but sometimes you have to think differently I understand you disagree that is ok. I am more long range as you know I don't favor short range. I am only trying to kill and neutralize MTA's BS argument. NOT just for the sake of the community or the route but I am trying to expose flaws in MTA's argument by using their own argument against them.

You still don't know what you are talking about.

The Bx24 is not unique, why? Because the Bx14 once went to Country Club, and guess what, the Bx24 does not pick up a lot of folks at all. The Bx8 did a better job than this Bx24. If they were trying to kill off this community bullshit, they would've let the Bx8 run to Country Club instead of having those folk have a bus route of their own.

Once again, you clearly dont know what you are talking about.

You still don't know what you are talking about.

The Bx24 is not unique, why? Because the Bx14 once went to Country Club, and guess what, the Bx24 does not pick up a lot of folks at all. The Bx8 did a better job than this Bx24. If they were trying to kill off this community bullshit, they would've let the Bx8 run to Country Club instead of having those folk have a bus route of their own.

Once again, you clearly dont know what you are talking about.

OK that part you are right about!!!!! thanks for clearing that up But doesn't Bx24 interline?? I am curious now. I guess we can agree on some things. Why did those folk complain about BX8 if it did a good job??

OK that part you are right about!!!!! thanks for clearing that up But doesn't Bx24 interline?? I am curious now. I guess we can agree on some things. Why did those folk complain about BX8 if it did a good job??

Bx24 does not interline. It's one bus.

Folks bitched about the Bx8 because the CNGs were too loud and how there was "too much buses".

Bx24 does not interline. It's one bus.

Folks bitched about the Bx8 because the CNGs were too loud and how there was "too much buses".

OIC then why didn't they shift CNGs to other routes and use quieter buses on the BX8 when it was there wouldn't that solve those issues??

These ppl complain about not having full BX14 service wouldn't extention of BX4A via middletown road solve that problem?? Cause ppl will still have access to country club but pelham ppl will have to use Q50 to reach it as this routing is more direct right??

Forget the earlier argument now I am just curious about these problems.

Archived