MTA officials 'didn't do their homework' before rejecting Queens bus line, locals say

Harry

In other words, you don't care about the riders....

Furthermore, the Q79 doesn't have to be the Bx23, or any other short route that has high(er) ridership....

First we shut down the sending of Q79 to Elmont.... now you wanna make like sending 79's to Bay terrace (of all places) is the next best thing..... yeah, b/c bay terrace residents are tryna get that that area of Queens along/around Little Neck Pkwy, and vice versa....

and Lol @ you thinking, thinking like the MTA = appeasing the MTA.....

Yes but as a side effect you get your route back along little neck parkway just less empty. No It can't go elmont as the floral NIMBY won't allow it right?? OK then let them deal with traffic. It's called compromise. Sometimes you have to appease big blue to get what you want basically using MTA's logic against them

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In other words, you don't care about the riders....

Furthermore, the Q79 doesn't have to be the Bx23, or any other short route that has high(er) ridership....

First we shut down the sending of Q79 to Elmont.... now you wanna make like sending 79's to Bay terrace (of all places) is the next best thing..... yeah, b/c bay terrace residents are tryna get that that area of Queens along/around Little Neck Pkwy, and vice versa....

and Lol @ you thinking, thinking like the MTA = appeasing the MTA.....

Yes but as a side effect you get your route back along little neck parkway just less empty. No It can't go elmont as the floral NIMBY won't allow it right?? OK then let them deal with traffic. Even with the extension Q79 will only garner a few more riders and side-effect increase ridership on other connecting lines by accident it still won't be like the BX23 which is just a unique case.

its not just jamacia look at the connecting routes I won't try to bore you with a full explanation that will take days to complete I know that. It's to address NE bronx and eastern queens. Jamacia is just a side effect of the Q31 thats all. Try looking at the clearview then you will get it enough of the short distance thinking look at flaws then find ways to kill em.

Again I don't come up with bullshit I only look at traffic patterns. You can never understand unless you look for possibility

The (Q31) needs weekend service restored. Not some dumb ass extension to the Bronx. No bus should use the Clearview.

Yes but as a side effect you get your route back along little neck parkway just less empty. No It can't go elmont as the floral NIMBY won't allow it right?? OK then let them deal with traffic. It's called compromise. Sometimes you have to appease big blue to get what you want basically using MTA's logic against them

It's not called compromise b/c they (Floral Park) don't want the buses in their village at all.... compromise would be, if they gave up something in order to have the buses run in their village.....

....and how can you use something against someone, when they don't have it to begin with..... you think all these cuts were formed w/ the basis of logic...

hilarious if you think so !

......Even with the extension Q79 will only garner a few more riders and side-effect increase ridership on other connecting lines by accident it still won't be like the BX23 which is just a unique case.

Which is exactly my point.... You aint goin get many more riders sending 79's to Bay Terrace..... Bay terrace has their fair share of bus service.....

The (Q31) needs weekend service restored. Not some dumb ass extension to the Bronx. No bus should use the Clearview.

Thank you.

err why?? it's not exactly a parking lot you know??? If done correctly it can reduce traffic there and well spill over more riders on BX8 and 40/42 as a side effect and other routes there. You did not explain why that's a dumb ass extension. PLz do so cause it looks like you are just knocking stuff without data to back up. If you know something I don't by all means what is it. Cause you aren't sounding like a debate more like sounding like a basher. What is it about the clearview that doesn't warrent service?? You can't shoot something down without evidence or a valid point so what point is that??

You can't call something dumb ass without a reason why. Plus if some miracle happens then weekend service can get restored indefinately as a side effect of ridership pattern change plus there is more than just co-op look at the places the routes from there go to then you will understand that it is not just as simple as bay terrance to co-op or bronx it is more complex than that. It grants several bronx areas a direct link however none of my plans cater to just one area they affect several at one go and have spill over effects that can affect ridership on several routes I will be here all night explaining the full details and reasoning but it's hopeless expecting you to guess. Look at the traffic patterns then look for a common link between that and service gaps and bus routes. Bus ridership alone only tells you part of the story. By only focusing on the small area and bus service in that area you can't see specific gaps beacause of the saturation of flushing bound services. It can be easy to mistake that area as well served but there is more to it than that

It's not called compromise b/c they (Floral Park) don't want the buses in their village at all.... compromise would be, if they gave up something in order to have the buses run in their village.....

....and how can you use something against someone, when they don't have it to begin with..... you think all these cuts were formed w/ the basis of logic...

hilarious if you think so !

Which is exactly my point.... You aint goin get many more riders sending 79's to Bay Terrace..... Bay terrace has their fair share of bus service.....

Thank you.

I know MTA is stupid that is why I make my ideas in a way that is harder for them to shoot down. Using bay terrance is a way to fool the MTA into thinking the Q79 can be worth running to them and eliminating their cost neautrality and cost per rider nonsense. Bay terrance has fair share IF UR HEADING TO FLUSHING or need Q31!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look over the area and look at traffic patterns NOT just bus ridership but actually paths that ppl are driving to. Besides The Q79 extension plan is a bluff to kill off MTA's arguments against the Q79 using their own numbers game against them. The Q31 idea is just manipulation of the network cause should ridership increase then all lines in the bronx that would link to it will be affected as well as open up an intercity opportunity to shortline in a sense that can increase service to GWB. Like I said my plans are a chain reaction that create many different possibilities with very little effort. That is 2 routes manipulated based on traffic. Also ridership on other lines will be affected even DH to a point.

its not just jamacia look at the connecting routes I won't try to bore you with a full explanation that will take days to complete I know that. It's to address NE bronx and eastern queens. Jamacia is just a side effect of the Q31 thats all. Try looking at the clearview then you will get it enough of the short distance thinking look at flaws then find ways to kill em.

Again I don't come up with bullshit I only look at traffic patterns. You can never understand unless you look for possibility

There's a possibility...a bus will never use the Clearview

err why?? it's not exactly a parking lot you know??? If done correctly it can reduce traffic there and well spill over more riders on BX8 and 40/42 as a side effect and other routes there. You did not explain why that's a dumb ass extension. PLz do so cause it looks like you are just knocking stuff without data to back up. If you know something I don't by all means what is it. Cause you aren't sounding like a debate more like sounding like a basher. What is it about the clearview that doesn't warrent service?? You can't shoot something down without evidence or a valid point so what point is that??

You can't call something dumb ass without a reason why. Plus if some miracle happens then weekend service can get restored indefinately as a side effect of ridership pattern change plus there is more than just co-op look at the places the routes from there go to then you will understand that it is not just as simple as bay terrance to co-op or bronx it is more complex than that. It grants several bronx areas a direct link however none of my plans cater to just one area they affect several at one go and have spill over effects that can affect ridership on several routes I will be here all night explaining the full details and reasoning but it's hopeless expecting you to guess. Look at the traffic patterns then look for a common link between that and service gaps and bus routes. Bus ridership alone only tells you part of the story. By only focusing on the small area and bus service in that area you can't see specific gaps beacause of the saturation of flushing bound services. It can be easy to mistake that area as well served but there is more to it than that

Err, why? I don't need no ******* data to know off the bat the (Q31) doesn't need an extention to the Bronx. You don't have any data on why all these ridiculous extentions should come to light. For the love of god, New Jersey Transit and NYC Transit are two separate companies. Stop bringing your NJT-type ideas into the city. What is so damn hard to understand?

There's a possibility...a bus will never use the Clearview

Err, why? I don't need no ******* data to know off the bat the (Q31) doesn't need an extention to the Bronx. You don't have any data on why all these ridiculous extentions should come to light. For the love of god, New Jersey Transit and NYC Transit are two separate companies. Stop bringing your NJT-type ideas into the city. What is so damn hard to understand?

ur wrong shortline and trailways already use the clearview. Plus Q31 to bronx isn't NJT type its only a small stretch on the clearview very short plus Q31 would gain interline ability in addition to increased ridership potential based on traffic patterns ppl by port washington crowd the cross island but not clearview heading to parts of the bronx. So there is a market in addition it has the potential to have an impact on hampton jitney since the fresh meadows stop is next to Q30 and walking distance to Q31 Which would increase travel possibilities. Q31 extension is very moderate. It can have indirect impacts on driving habits which may be reduced. In addition enhances the connectivity ability at bayside LIRR there are too many senarios and uses to list here.

Archived