What is your favorite and least favorite Bronx bus line

I Run Trains

Alright, MTA has "tricked" speedometers that say you are going faster than you actually are. I know, I going across 181st bridge on the Bx36. Had one say 45MPH, bus was going well under that. I drove a coach bus, so I know how 45-55 mph+ feels. Don't trust what those speedometers say. When they get electronic ones, then I will trust what they say.They do this, cause they know most drivers will go "hot doggin" down the road. Get in an accident, they will have to answer questions........
804 is the perfect example of a tricked speedo (That don't sound right!) But the C40 does 40MPH and it says 80MPH.

5510s hit thier gears at lower speeds compared to the rest. ;) All I'm saying is, if the 1000 series, 5250 series, and 5510 series was put on a speed test down a hill, 1000s would win, followed by 5250s, then 5510s. On a flat surface, 5510s will have a good chance of winning. :( 1000s has the most potential on the highway, but to reach it it needs more power, hope I explained it right...

The Bx19 is my home line, and I can't stand it. It's always crowded, always slow, and never on time. It's the most unreliable route in the entire borough. Even though it's a 6-block walk away from where I live, it's easier for me to get the Bx17 sometimes.

Overall, my favorites are the Bx5, Bx11, Bx17 and Bx35; my least favorites are the Bx19, Bx26, Bx28 and Bx30.

Archived