When will NJT replace the Neoplans?!

MiXxDiDdY

"Just wondering when you guys think NJT will purchase some artics to replace the 2003 Neoplans..? Cause from what I see on the 39, 13, 156, 159 routes, those buses are starting to show some serious wear and tear..which is sad cause they aren't even 10 years old yet.

Also, when it's time to replace the Neo's, what company do you guys think NJT will purchase the new artics from?!"

"Just wondering when you guys think NJT will purchase some artics to replace the 2003 Neoplans..? Cause from what I see on the 39, 13, 156, 159 routes, those buses are starting to show some serious wear and tear..which is sad cause they aren't even 10 years old yet.

Also, when it's time to replace the Neo's, what company do you guys think NJT will purchase the new artics from?!"

Well they wont be high floor artics. Nobody makes them anymore. I would guess maybe 3 to 5 years of service left. Maybe a rehab will give them more years.

if these buses came to njt id be finished!

Finished? Why?

Anyway, the only thing that I would be concerned about with those buses is if it's too tall for the PABT and the front door - I think it should be custom built, especially since some of the gates that those buses are used at might touch the actual gate, like gate 200 door 2 for the 156, gates 201 and 202 for the different gate doors for the 156R/159R, and the 154 in gate 214. Besides that, if the turning radius is the same or better than the Neo's, then go for it. But, lets get rid of those wheel covers. UGLY! Maybe put those on the 126 and 128 during the RUSH HOUR only at times as well.

https://www6.state.nj.us/OEG_BUISOPP/bo/search.do;jsessionid=D3D687302953E05644F33316BD2B4A6E:8jUH

IFB 11-612 Closing Date: August 31, 2011 Closing Time: 02:00 PM

Description:

Bus Components and Kits for the Overhaul of NJ Transit's Neoplan Buses

Opportunity Type: RFP Small Business Set Aside: N

Commodity Codes:

04-065-86: TRUCK BODIES AND PARTS (NOT OTHERWISE CLASSIFIED)

04-065-88: TRAILER BODIES AND PARTS (INCLUDING ACCESS STEPS AND LADDERS)

Comments:

Requests for bid package should be emailed to biddesk@njtransit.com.

Provider Name: NJ Transit Authority

Posted On: August 11, 2011

More Information: http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=CalendarTo

What about NFI DE60LFAs? They dont have single doors. Just get rid of the wheel covers, slap some NJT paint on it and you got one hell of an NJT artic

communitytransit.jpg

^^Found that pic on NFI's site

Well they stopped making the LFA model, so maybe an XD60 order would be tight!I got this idea in my head that there going to make NABI make a the first restyle artic version of the LFW.

What about cost? As Pablo201 said in another forum, NJT is cheap. Cuz, they went with Designline and NABI's instead of thinking about getting buses from MCI or maybe NovaBUS.

Well they had to go with Designline they were low bidder. Now that does not mean they will except the buses. I think MCI will get the contract in the end. As far as the Nabi's they were the only ones willing to still make the standard floor bus NJT wanted.

• 1 month later...
Well they had to go with Designline they were low bidder. Now that does not mean they will except the buses. I think MCI will get the contract in the end. As far as the Nabi's they were the only ones willing to still make the standard floor bus NJT wanted.

very valid points there, however i bet NJT has to regret not holding on to the RTS Legend instead of buying the soon-to-be-scrapped NABIs

As far as the Neoplans goes, they have finished refurbishing the ones in Hilton, i guess Big Tree should be getting theirs fixed up

very valid points there, however i bet NJT has to regret not holding on to the RTS Legend instead of buying the soon-to-be-scrapped NABIs

As far as the Neoplans goes, they have finished refurbishing the ones in Hilton, i guess Big Tree should be getting theirs fixed up

That's great they refurbishing those Big Tree neoplans. They were starting to look really beat..plenty of Neoplans I saw had ripped up seats, buses were breaking down, and exterior paint was chipped badly.

However, if you think that sounds bad, those Neoplan suburbans at Fairview are at least TWICE as bad. i hope they're refurbing them soon too."

That's great they refurbishing those Big Tree neoplans. They were starting to look really beat..plenty of Neoplans I saw had ripped up seats, buses were breaking down, and exterior paint was chipped badly.

However, if you think that sounds bad, those Neoplan suburbans at Fairview are at least TWICE as bad. i hope they're refurbing them soon too."

How can NJT regret not holding on the RTS when no one was making them? Millennium went belly up, and no one was making RTS buses. NJT F'ed up YEARS ago with trying to get buses, thats why New Flyer, Orion, and other companies think NJT is a POS when involving business. To be quite honest, I was shocked that another company wanted to do business with NJT, being Designline.

Archived