NYCT Jackie Gleason Orion V CNG 500 series

MTARegional Bus

When I went to ECH the other day I saw one of these start up, then started hauling ass out of the depot. It went flying down out of the entrance, and went straight down, no turns :confused:.

I thought those buses were dead.

317 was supposed to be saved, but something happened and the bus met its unfortunate fate

588 from last summer at College Point:

IMG_0149.jpg

Another way the (MTA) throws away money, re-painting their buses just before they die.

(Why do they have to look good dying?! :cry:;)).

When I went to ECH the other day I saw one of these start up, then started hauling ass out of the depot. It went flying down out of the entrance, and went straight down, no turns :confused:.

I thought those buses were dead.

Another way the (MTA) throws away money, re-painting their buses just before they die.

(Why do they have to look good dying?! :cry:;)).

That was not new paint applied; those O5 CNGs only received one repaint - in 2003.

Real shame about those buses, I remember them so well on the B63, which is why I'm always partial to catching a 98/99xx on the route today. Loved those blackback CNGs, IMO the best CNG fleet the city's had.

It's mainly because those buses were built very much like the V diesels we have now, interior-wise and outside, but their takeoffs were horrible, they should have left their original engines in.

Archived