Testing for Metro North Conductor

ac1987

• 1 month later...

Its been a month since I had my interview and haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know if that's a good sign or does anyone know about how long to hear anything back?

Some one I work with was interviewed almost a month ago and had no heard anything. I was interviewed approximately a month ago also and heard back in two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am wondering about the conductor position with MNR. I have an interview coming up, don't know what to expect. Does anyone know if you were a NYC employee, does any of that time carry over? Does it count toward retirement?

I am wondering about the conductor position with MNR. I have an interview coming up, don't know what to expect. Does anyone know if you were a NYC employee, does any of that time carry over? Does it count toward retirement?

No, being a current or former NYC employee will not have any advantages in time.

The only ones that benefit in carrying time are current MNR employees. If you transferred from another craft to conductor your time starts the first day of training as conductor but you will have seniority ahead of any new employees. Your time in the company will still hold for pension and amount of vacation, not vacation picks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived