NYPD Fleet Question.

King Of RedBirds

I wouldn't choose the Dodge Charger.

Police departments around Quebec and the Provincial Police want to sue Dodge for tonnes of problems popping up on the cars.

sq4023_arthabaska.jpg

I'd pick the new Ford Police Interceptor (Based off the Ford Taurus)

Or if budget isn't a problem Carbon Motors E7... reliable and efficient BMW motor, custom frame and body making it safe and efficient for police officers.

New Fleet (As in cars produced today or coming out soon)

Ford Fusion

Ford Crown Victoria

New Dodge Charger

New Chevy Caprice

Chevy Impala

New Ford Police Interceptor sedan (Taurus) & Utility (Explorer)

Ford F-250 XLT

Ford E-350/ XLT (Both Models)

Old Fleet (cars that are no longer made or are going out of production soon):

1991-1996 Chevy Caprice

1992-2011 Ford Crown Victoria

^ Thats really about it for old police cars.

I like the chargers but they are gas guzzlers like the Crown vics. I say the Fusion,Tahoe,Expedition,and old impalas.

NYPD does have the new Fusion, Impala and Expedition in a few precincts already. The Highway Patrol's squad that are usually along the Belt Pkwy's Dodge Chargers AFAIK are V6's thus not much of a gas guzzler. The Highway Patrols that usually run along LIE, AFAIK also has V6's in them. I've only seen one 5.7 V8 Charger and that was along Bayside, Queens.

I'd love to see the New Caprice's as the new fleet of NYPD and I believe the order are for the New Caprice's by Chevy. Dodge Charger would only make sense as a Highway Patrol vehicle in NY.

NYPD does have the new Fusion, Impala and Expedition in a few precincts already. The Highway Patrol's squad that are usually along the Belt Pkwy's Dodge Chargers AFAIK are V6's thus not much of a gas guzzler. The Highway Patrols that usually run along LIE, AFAIK also has V6's in them. I've only seen one 5.7 V8 Charger and that was along Bayside, Queens.

I'd love to see the New Caprice's as the new fleet of NYPD and I believe the order are for the New Caprice's by Chevy. Dodge Charger would only make sense as a Highway Patrol vehicle in NY.

All highway Chargers are 8 cylinder. What is Dodge Charger AFAIK?

All highway Chargers are 8 cylinder. What is Dodge Charger AFAIK?

It's definitely not ALL, I've driven Belt Parkway's Dodge Charger, it was definitely a 6 cylinder after I popped the hood.

A Dodge Charger is a Dodge Charger.

AFAIK stands for As Far As I Know.

Last comment looked like a smart-ass comment, but I won't take it as one.

It's definitely not ALL, I've driven Belt Parkway's Dodge Charger, it was definitely a 6 cylinder after I popped the hood.

A Dodge Charger is a Dodge Charger.

AFAIK stands for As Far As I Know.

Last comment looked like a smart-ass comment, but I won't take it as one.

You can take the comment any wich way you like, AFAIK is not in the dictionary AFAIK, ok Cop.

Yea I Love the new Caprices The old one that looked like a hatchback was ugly and stupid looking.

The Cars I'd Get rid of are the Ford Vans,Toyota Prius and the old 2002 Ford explorers. hey I got a question does anyone here know anything about police lights like the vector lights

Yes I do. I am a huge fan of police cars as well. Whats up?

& Yes, the lights in regular police cars are Vector lights. The ones in highway patrol are also vectors but with a highrise added. Auxiliary Police have a Vista lightbar, a vector or a victor with a highrise.

Here is a URL to see some great photos of NYPD cars. THere is also other police departments around North America :

http://policecarwebsite.net/fc/ny/nypd/nypd.html

& Yes, the lights in regular police cars are Vector lights. The ones in highway patrol are also vectors but with a highrise added. Auxiliary Police have a Vista lightbar, a vector or a victor with a highrise.

Here is a URL to see some great photos of NYPD cars. THere is also other police departments around North America :

Hey good to know a fellow police car fan.

Hey good to know a fellow police car fan.

Your into police cars? Great, finally, another police car fan. Do you collect models? I do. I collect 1/43 scale so that they work with my buses too. I have my own city :( LOL! I have the new & Old FOrd Crown Victorias, a dodge charger & a few others. I will take pics later. You should. Its a great way to keep your hobby alive!

BTW, whats your favorite police car model?

Your into police cars? Great, finally, another police car fan. Do you collect models? I do. I collect 1/43 scale so that they work with my buses too. I have my own city :( LOL! I have the new & Old FOrd Crown Victorias, a dodge charger & a few others. I will take pics later. You should. Its a great way to keep your hobby alive!

BTW, whats your favorite police car model?

I got a 1/18 Police Taxi From NYC 50/50 Condition. I gotta repaint it and fix it,and I got multiple hot wheel size cars, Trust me i got tons of NYPD Photography To put up here and alot of MTA Pics to. my FAvs are the Crown Vic,Ford Expidition 07,Tahoe, and Fusion.

I got a 1/18 Police Taxi From NYC 50/50 Condition. I gotta repaint it and fix it,and I got multiple hot wheel size cars, Trust me i got tons of NYPD Photography To put up here and alot of MTA Pics to. my FAvs are the Crown Vic,Ford Expidition 07,Tahoe, and Fusion.

Do you wanna make it a NYPD Car? I am a professional in police cars. I do alot of custom work & about 5 of my cars are custom made by me. If you get the supplies then I can do it for you. Take some pictures of the car so I can tell you if the car can be made into a cruiser. Email me the pictures of the car - Nicholas0915@gmail.com

You might want to check you facts on the lights the NYPD uses. The "V" bar on all cars is a Federal Signal Vision SLR. The Highway units have what's called a Street Heat bar mounted behind the light bar. As far as I know, the NYPD has never used Vector bars on any RMPs.

You might want to check you facts on the lights the NYPD uses. The "V" bar on all cars is a Federal Signal Vision SLR. The Highway units have what's called a Street Heat bar mounted behind the light bar. As far as I know, the NYPD has never used Vector bars on any RMPs.

No, thats where your wrong. The V-Bar is actually a vector. Thats for sure. This is a vector:

nypd1345.jpg

This is a Highway Patrol unit, using a vector lightbar with a Mcdermott Hi-rise light bar attached to it:

nypd1357.jpg

Enjoy!

No, thats where your wrong. The V-Bar is actually a vector. Thats for sure. This is a vector:

nypd1345.jpg

This is a Highway Patrol unit, using a vector lightbar with a Mcdermott Hi-rise light bar attached to it:

nypd1357.jpg

Enjoy!

Go look at an RMP sometime and you'll see he bars are Visions. Also the Street Heat are the newer LED riser bars. That mcDermont are the older halogen

Archived