What's Your 3 Favorite Cereals.

King Of RedBirds

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone eat those knockoff cereals?

- "pops" (compared to corn pops... same yellow box too, if you're not careful, you can pick up the wrong thing... and get sick.)

- "fruity floats" or "fruity loops" (compared to fruit loops... and I'm not talkin about that music/beat making program either)

- my personal favorite... to laugh at..

"flakes that are frosted" (frosted flakes)... lmfao !

another frosted flakes knockoff is "frosty flakes".... this one is very misleading b/c it's written in the same font, and has tony the tiger on the cover too....

- of course, you just have that cereal that's conveniently called....

"Cereal"

LMAO Well I think since it is so nice today I'm going to eat lunch in Bryant Park and then stop at Shop Rite later tonight on the island to pick up some Perrier's and such. While I'm there I'm going to check out the cereal aisle for some of these infamous knockoffs. lol These Malt-O-Meals I have to see for myself. :eek:

LMAO Well I think since it is so nice today I'm going to eat lunch in Bryant Park and then stop at Shop Rite later tonight on the island to pick up some Perrier's and such. While I'm there I'm going to check out the cereal aisle for some of these infamous knockoffs. lol These Malt-O-Meals I have to see for myself. :eek:

They are doggy sized bags

I saw a black lady and a puerto Rican dude in LES Had A Shopping cart full of them I started dying. 7 bags wtf is wrong with you. :P

Holy cow... That is a sh*t load of cereal. I don't eat breakfast, but sometimes I like cereal for dinner with organic skim milk, esp. if I have a heavy lunch or it is warm out, but I have a hard time seeing someone buying that means "bags" of cereal.

Holy cow... That is a sh*t load of cereal. I don't eat breakfast, but sometimes I like cereal for dinner with organic skim milk, esp. if I have a heavy lunch or it is warm out, but I have a hard time seeing someone buying that means "bags" of cereal.

I don't eat it either because I have to leave at 6:30 and get in the shower at 6:20 and if I miss my train I can't catch the hot chicks lol and sometimes I eat eggs and pancakes for dinner.

I don't eat it either because I have to leave at 6:30 and get in the shower at 6:20 and if I miss my train I can't catch the hot chicks lol and sometimes I eat eggs and pancakes for dinner.

LOL... Now that's a quick shower...

And pancakes for dinner... Hmm... Haven't done that in a while, but last night I was a slob... I had a egg and zucchini hero w/onions with french fries for dinner w/Perrier. :P

I did a search under the name and then added ", review" and some stuff popped up about them being around more back in the old days and how it is harder and harder to find their stuff on the shelves. Good bye and good riddance. :cool: :tup:

Yeah, but he's dissing the names because he's saying that they're cheap knock offs. lol

They obviously haven't been to Western Beef.

They are doggy sized bags

No they're not. They're in boxes.

The Ghetto black and Spanish people need there fix of cereal with there 7 kids lol

Or the average Hispanic people with 3 kids could be trying to save some money.

They obviously haven't been to Western Beef.

No I haven't but I doubt I'm missing anything anyway. Do they even carry natural or organic products??

No they're not. They're in boxes.

lol... He was busting chops... They're probably in boxes, but I got the point w/the doggy bag reference. He probably thinks the cereal tastes/looks more like dog food. :eek: LOL

Or the average Hispanic people with 3 kids could be trying to save some money.

Perhaps, but they could get better quality for their money.

1) No I haven't but I doubt I'm missing anything anyway. Do they even carry natural or organic products??

2) lol... He was busting chops... They're probably in boxes, but I got the point w/the doggy bag reference. He probably thinks the cereal tastes/looks more like dog food. :eek: LOL

3) Perhaps, but they could get better quality for their money.

1) A few. Some things are automatically natural (their oatmeal), and they have a few basic organic brands (Organic Valley milk, Stonyfield yogurt, etc), but nothing special.

2) Whatever.

3) Like I said, the quality is sufficient. Maybe there's better value in the natural products, but these cereals are still cheaper.

1) A few. Some things are automatically natural (their oatmeal), and they have a few basic organic brands (Organic Valley milk, Stonyfield yogurt, etc), but nothing special.

Now now, Organic Valley milk is always something special. :cool: :tup: I'll be picking up some tonight as a matter of fact. Finished off a quart of Organic Valley skim milk yesterday.

2) Whatever.

LOL :)

3) Like I said, the quality is sufficient. Maybe there's better value in the natural products, but these cereals are still cheaper.

I dunno about that. There are just some things that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. And what is your definition of "quality" anyway? :confused:

1) Now now, Organic Valley milk is always something special. :cool: :tup: I'll be picking up some tonight as a matter of fact. Finished off a quart of Organic Valley skim milk yesterday.

2) I dunno about that. There are just some things that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. And what is your definition of "quality" anyway? :confused:

1) By "special", I meant that they aren't carried by a lot of stores. You can find Organic Valley in most stores.

2) Anything that's reasonably healthy (not loaded with a ton of sugar and fat) and tastes decent.

1) By "special", I meant that they aren't carried by a lot of stores. You can find Organic Valley in most stores.

2) Anything that's reasonably healthy (not loaded with a ton of sugar and fat) and tastes decent.

Well Organic Valley wasn't always carried in most stores. This whole natural/organic craze is still relatively new and now the box stores are trying cash in on those of us who eat healthy. :mad: They don't fool me though. Some of them think that because we want natural or organic foods that we're just going to throw away our money. I'm still going to shop around for the best price. I assume Shop Rite will have the half-a-gallon size on sale still for $3.99 so I will be picking up one tonight. :cool: They also have Newman's Own Vanilla Almond cereal for $3.99 which is all natural and tasty too. :cool:

I recommend it. It is lightly sweetened, but not loaded w/sugar IMO.

I just need to have self control though. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the sales that I pick up stuff that I don't really need and walk out spending $50.00. :) Of course I use everything but still.

Well Organic Valley wasn't always carried in most stores. This whole natural/organic craze is still relatively new and now the box stores are trying cash in on those of us who eat healthy. :mad: They don't fool me though. Some of them think that because we want natural or organic foods that we're just going to throw away our money. I'm still going to shop around for the best price. I assume Shop Rite will have the half-a-gallon size on sale still for $3.99 so I will be picking up one tonight. :cool: They also have Newman's Own Vanilla Almond cereal for $3.99 which is all natural and tasty too. :cool:

I just need to have self control though. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the sales that I pick up stuff that I don't really need and walk out spending $50.00. :) Of course I use everything but still.

Trust me buddy everyone buys what they don't need there nothing wrong with that.

I just need to have self control though. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the sales that I pick up stuff that I don't really need and walk out spending $50.00. :( Of course I use everything but still.

No, the sales are one week (they start on Sunday and end on Saturday), so the sale will probably be over.

In any case, Western Beef isn't completely unreasonable: I think a 1/2 gallon is about $4.69. Plus, I'm sure the competition from the box stores helps drive down the price a bit.

No, the sales are one week (they start on Sunday and end on Saturday), so the sale will probably be over.

In any case, Western Beef isn't completely unreasonable: I think a 1/2 gallon is about $4.69. Plus, I'm sure the competition from the box stores helps drive down the price a bit.

Well I took the X30 over there instead of rushing for the X42, as the X30 is still quicker since it goes via NJ. I got the last Organic Valley skim milk for $3.69. :cool:

I went down the cereal aisle (why in the hell are there two of them??!? :mad: :() and in one of them (I think the non-organic/natural aisle) I finally saw a box of that Malt-O-Cereal you were talking about. Some sort of blueberry something or other. :eek: lol

Back to the cereal aisles.... Okay so if that one aisle is supposed to be for natural food and organic food, fine, but then they put natural and organic cereals in the regular cereal aisle too. Pretty stupid if you ask me because then you have to go to two different aisles to look for natural and organic cereal as I did tonight. I picked up a box of Kashi Honey Sunshine. They look like Captain Crunch and taste like them a little, but of course it is a much healthier version with a ton of fiber. Then I got my regular All Natural Newman's Own Vanilla Almond cereal. I have to say that the Kashi isn't bad considering that it is more of a health cereal, but if I was 14 I wouldn't be eating this. lol I'd be eating Capitain Crunch.

Picked up a few bottles of Perrier and Evian since they had good deals on them, along with some other necessities like razors and such.

Seemed like I was getting the last of all of the stuff that was on sale. I was rather annoyed with their display of the orange juice too. I had to literally rip out a container of Florida's Natural from the friggin' refrigerator holder thingy because they crushed a sh*t load of them into the fridge like retards. That would never happen at Whole Foods and if I did I would certainly make a stink about having to be inconvenienced like that. :mad: In any event that store is so big that it wasn't worth my time looking for someone to complain to anyway. Well I made out alright I guess. I spent "only" about $42.00, but now I don't have to go to Shop & Stop for a while. The only thing that annoys me about Shop Rite is they don't carry any natural household cleaners like Seventh Generation. I can't use that processed crap because I get sick from that stuff. So I won't be able to get everything there. I'll still have to go to Whole Foods for a lot of speciality items and such.

According to my receipt though, I saved $6.29. :cool:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
Typo

Well I took the X30 over there instead of rushing for the X42, as the X30 is still quicker since it goes via NJ. I got the last Organic Valley skim milk for $3.69. :cool:

I went down the cereal aisle (why in the hell are there two of them??!? :mad: :() and in one of them (I think the non-organic/natural aisle) I finally saw a box of that Malt-O-Cereal you were talking about. Some sort of blueberry something or other. :eek: lol

Back to the cereal aisles.... Okay so if that one aisle is supposed to be for natural food and organic food, fine, but then they put natural and organic cereals in the regular cereal aisle too. Pretty stupid if you ask me because then you have to go to two different aisles to look for natural and organic cereal as I did tonight. I picked up a box of Kashi Honey Sunshine. They look like Captain Crunch and taste like them a little, but of course it is a much healthier version with a ton of fiber. Then I got my regular All Natural Newman's Own Vanilla Almond cereal. I have to say that the Kashi isn't bad considering that it is more of a health cereal, but if I was 14 I wouldn't be eating this. lol I'd be eating Capitain Crunch.

Picked up a few bottles of Perrier and Evian since they had good deals on them, along with some other necessities like razors and such.

Seemed like I was getting the last of all of the stuff that was on sale. I was rather annoyed with their display of the orange juice too. I had to literally rip out a container of Florida's Natural from the friggin' refrigerator holder thingy because they crushed a sh*t load of them into the fridge like retards. That would never happen at Whole Foods and if I did I would certainly make a stink about having to be inconvenienced like that. :mad: In any event that store is so big that I wasn't worth my time looking for someone to complain to anyway. Well I made out alright I guess. I spent "only" about $42.00, but now I don't have to go to Shop & Stop for a while. The only thing that annoys me about Shop Rite is they don't carry any natural household cleaners like Seventh Generation. I can't use that processed crap because I get sick from that stuff. So I won't be able to get everything there. I'll still have to go to Whole Foods for a lot of speciality items and such.

According to my receipt though, I saved $6.29. :cool:

So that would explain why they were out of it. :( (Not that I was planning on buying any of it anyway, especially considering I got a free milk from Stonyfield.

And yeah, the cereal was the blueberry muffin flavor I was talking about. Did you see the "Mom's Best Natural" cereal they had?

And yeah, I find that pretty stupid. If they have the organic milk seperate from the regular milk, why not have the organic/natural cereal seperate from the regular cereal?

And yeah, they have sales on orange juice a little more often than other stores because they can save on storage space. It never occurred to me to complain because hey, as long as I get my discount, I'm happy. ;)

And $6.29's nothing. I went there a few days ago, spent about $13 and saved $38. :cool: