Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Amtrak7

R32's at Fresh Pond???

I spotted an 8 car set of R32's in Fresh Pond Yard today. Side signs were set for the (C), front for the (M). Didn't get numbers. Was this there the whole time or a new transfer?

I spotted an 8 car set of R32's in Fresh Pond Yard today. Side signs were set for the (C), front for the (M). Didn't get numbers. Was this there the whole time or a new transfer?

That set has a bad motor, it is getting stored there and is ready for scrap. They are striping it I think.

Where I found this info :

http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=843.0

Its ok, this came up from the whole (C) R46 thing. He probably wonders if that set at Fresh Pond was the result of that swap that landed the R42s on the (A). But totally different thing, been there possibly for years.

Its ok, this came up from the whole (C) R46 thing. He probably wonders if that set at Fresh Pond was the result of that swap that landed the R42s on the (A). But totally different thing, been there possibly for years.

It is okay? Amtrak, did you happen to see a note on the front saying that that train cannot be used for service?

Edit :

Heres an image, I think you saw this set :

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?115627

That set has been sitting there for 1 or more years. It recently had the flipdot changed to (Mx) on the front.

I also notice that there is a red flag sitting on the front of the train, probably meaning that it is not permitted to go into service & for scrap.

(Then again, if this set is a scrap set, then why is it not at 207? out of room?).

That set has been sitting there for 1 or more years. It recently had the flipdot changed to (Mx) on the front.

I also notice that there is a red flag sitting on the front of the train, probably meaning that it is not permitted to go into service & for scrap.

(Then again, if this set is a scrap set, then why is it not at 207? out of room?).

Yup, its scrap. It maybe there for storage. As I said, the flag means it's not good for service. That reason is cause it had motor problems. I know I said this already...

It is okay? Amtrak, did you happen to see a note on the front saying that that train cannot be used for service?

Edit :

Heres an image, I think you saw this set :

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?115627

There was a paper on the front, I was on the (M) so I couldn't take a closer look.

There was a paper on the front, I was on the (M) so I couldn't take a closer look.

That paper you saw was the paper saying DO NOT OPERATE.

The North Motor is 3371