Weather Alert: Severe Thunderstorm and Flash Flood Warnings issued for NYC and soon Long Island

JubaionBx12+SBS

As of right now a severe thunderstorm and flash flood warning is in effect for the 5 boroughs and now for Nassau County as the area is being pounded with strong storms. The biggest worries with this storm are heavy rain and dangerous lightning. In my neighborhood the lightning show is impressive so I know we have a strong one on our hands. This marks the third time this week strong storms have affected the tri-state area after a weekend of record rainfall. Take shelter folks and be careful on the roadways as the rain is heavy and the lightning is striking frequently.

As of right now a severe thunderstorm and flash flood warning is in effect for the 5 boroughs and now for Nassau County as the area is being pounded with strong storms. The biggest worries with this storm are heavy rain and dangerous lightning. In my neighborhood the lightning show is impressive so I know we have a strong one on our hands. This marks the third time this week strong storms have affected the tri-state area after a weekend of record rainfall. Take shelter folks and be careful on the roadways as the rain is heavy and the lightning is striking frequently.

Already had those storms up in my neck of the woods just about 2 hour ago (when i wrote this at 8pm friday). Man those t-storms was nasty.:eek:

That storm was insane. I was on the X30 when the sky turned dark. I reached the Lincoln tunnel and it was just three people on the bus including me. Traffic was a bit slow so I fell asleep and woke up to Noah's Arc. It was pouring and worse off I was wearing a pair of drivers from Switzerland with no umbrella. B) Sitting on the express bus I devised a plan of how I could keep my drivers dry (this was the second time wearing them today and I didn't want to ruin them) and keep dry as well, so I had the B/O let me off at a bus shelter along Forest Avenue and had car service bring me home and me and my drivers got home safe and sound. :cool:

Archived