Help! long beach info needed!!

ArticExpress

Planning a trip to long beach from upstate ny. Where can I get info on long beach, websites, maps of it would help.

Also what are a couple of convenient routes to take to get there by car. Leaving on a Friday morning after rush hour but would like alt. routes incase one backs up:) (NYCT)(MTA)

Which long beach, there are like 6 of them in the country.

If you're talking about LBI in NJ simply take 9 to the tappan zee bridge then take 9W (9's counterpart west of the hudson) down to fort lee where you can hop on the NJ turnpike, from there you'd go to the GSPW to route 72 east to LBI. There you are!

To get long beach in NY simply follow 9 to 87 to 287 to i95 south to 695 and cross the throgs neck bridge to the cross island parkway to southern state parkway to ocean ave then travel on atlantic ave a short way to long beach road. Take long beach road to long beach. There you are!

I don't know exactly where you're starting from, but these general directions should get you there in a reasonable amount of time from my experience. Try to avoid fri-sat in the mornings and after 4 pm, sunday has high return traffic. Your best bet would be on a tuesday leaving around 9-10 am. If you need any more specific directions just ask. Leaving take the same direction, however try to leave after 7 pm or before 6 am in both cases. Westchester roads will have heavy traffic in peak commuter hours. Stop in tarrytown at the diner near the interchange with the tappan zee bridge aproaches. They have good brownies & cookies and are VERY friendly!

Hope that helped!B)

- Andy

thank you. I didn't know there were other long beaches. I am going to the one in NY. Love the boardwalk and beach better than jones beach. Thanks for the advice on traffic. however, gotta leave tomorrow only day my friends and I can fit it in.... I'll bring you back a slurrpeeeeeee!!!!B)

thank you. I didn't know there were other long beaches. I am going to the one in NY. Love the boardwalk and beach better than jones beach. Thanks for the advice on traffic. however, gotta leave tomorrow only day my friends and I can fit it in.... I'll bring you back a slurrpeeeeeee!!!!;)

I'll be in the city tomorrow i think. I need a slurpee right now. :(

- Andy

I'll be in the city tomorrow i think. I need a slurpee right now. :(

- Andy

Making a big trip to fulfill slurpee needs heh? I do the same all the time, go around on buses and whatnot buying slurpees here and there, especially in Bayonne or right AT PABT with the 7-11 on 42nd. ;)

Making a big trip to fulfill slurpee needs heh? I do the same all the time, go around on buses and whatnot buying slurpees here and there, especially in Bayonne or right AT PABT with the 7-11 on 42nd. ;)

Heck yea man!! One time i rode LIRR out to bethpage because there's a 7-11 right there by the station. I was staying at a hotel on the east side at the time. Was relaxing & refreshing trip!

- Andy

Heck yea man!! One time i rode LIRR out to bethpage because there's a 7-11 right there by the station. I was staying at a hotel on the east side at the time. Was relaxing & refreshing trip!

- Andy

Hmmm.....you just gave me a trip idea now.

Just like the slurpee I had last week while enjoying it on an 81X Turnpike Express to Exchange Place.

Funny you mention that, i saw a (NJT) bus from the train earlier, on the skyway. I was like "wow, that bus is going fast".

- Andy

Hmmm.....you just gave me a trip idea now.

Wow some long 7-11 trips. Makes me glad there's one about 10 blocks from home now. Unfortunately that defeats the "fun" of the long trip heh...but thats OK i been known to go all the way out to Canarsie for Pizza and Pepperoni Rolls before...

Wow some long 7-11 trips. Makes me glad there's one about 10 blocks from home now. Unfortunately that defeats the "fun" of the long trip heh...but thats OK i been known to go all the way out to Canarsie for Pizza and Pepperoni Rolls before...

That's nothin. I used to go to dunkin donuts on ocean ave in belmar with my friend at 3 am. Not going to give details, but we did the 50 minute drive in 30 minutes usually. :rolleyes:

- Andy

Funny you mention that, i saw a (NJT) bus from the train earlier, on the skyway. I was like "wow, that bus is going fast".

- Andy

Oh yeah. I love when NJT #1 is rerouted the Pulaski Skyway between Jersey City and Newark. Those Novas are great on that run.
I do frequent trips to Joe's Best Burger in Flushing for lunch.

One time, I took a #1 bus to Newark Penn Station, picked up a large Kool Aid from this juice place there which is pretty great. Then took an NEC train to NY Penn, and then an LIRR train to Flushing. Had lunch at Joes. Took the (7) train to 42nd St. Went to PABT, took the 159 bus to Union City. Took HBLR to Hoboken for a bathroom break, and then took the next Bayonne train to 34th Street for a movie theater. Then after the movie, went to 7-11 for a slurpee and took HBLR home. Thats just one trip I did. I've done many more. Also do different trips for pizza also.

Archived