Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
+Young+

Nostalgia Train running in September??

Hi~

I recently got back from the Nostalgia Train Ride trip today (sorry, no photos) and someone told me (w/o mentioning any names) that the Nostalgia Train will be running in September, including Labor Day weekend.

If someone can fill all of us on the details I would truly aprpeciate it. Thanks!!

-YoungNYCSubwayFan

If and when there are museum trips open to the public, information for the public will come out when the time is right and thats not right now.

The only nostalgia that i can think of, is the same old Low-V cars for the Yankees like last yr and R1-9 Holiday Dec.

I also heard a foambag on the Arnine say he has sources that the R110b will run for the next nostolgia. yeah right

LOL dream on to who ever said that....

The only nostalgia that i can think of, is the same old Low-V cars for the Yankees like last yr and R1-9 Holiday Dec.

LOL dream on to who ever said that....

Don't hold your breath on seeing the TOMC again....

Don't hold your breath on seeing the TOMC again....

Where did i even mentioned TOMC .... ? LOL! At least that could come out years from now (unknown about the future), compared to the R110. Tho it would be nice to see that as well.

I wonder of there would one day be a Redbird nostalgia years from now. But of course thats really unknown.

Besides anything SMEE, I wonder when the MTA would even take out the older BMT equipment of course!

Where did i even mentioned TOMC .... ? LOL! At least that could come out years from now (unknown about the future), compared to the R110. Tho it would be nice to see that as well.

I wonder of there would one day be a Redbird nostalgia years from now. But of course thats really unknown.

Besides anything SMEE, I wonder when the MTA would even take out the older BMT equipment of course!

You talk about how much you love the TOMC so much, anyone with half a brain can figure out that you would rather see that rolling hunk of junk run then some real real cars.

Fact check:

the TOMC's are basicly the dullest of the consits. Mostly because it's the newest,

True.

and the most behavied.

False.

Meanwhile, running the V's is playing russian roullette.

Mostly false. The V's run pretty well, all things considered. Not as well as the 9's but they are the second most reliable museum train.

The triplex's at CI are starting to rust and the one in the muesum is a lightbulb maker's goldmine.

There are no triplex's at CI. If you're referring to 6019 and 6112, they've more than "started" to rust.

there have been ocassions, I remember a few years ago the Arnines ran all the way to Howard Beach in service, spondered by the Bahammas and jetblue, in honor of Duke Ellington's birthday.

I remember that train, i wish they would do that every April 29th, those seats are comfy.

You're "second most reliable" has blow up in bill's face atleast twice that I can think of. They couldn't even make it up the ramp at 207th. they kept having to back down and charge at it full throttle.

Other then riding the museum trains, are you other wise involved wiu them? Maybe you know something I don't.

You talk about how much you love the TOMC so much, anyone with half a brain can figure out that you would rather see that rolling hunk of junk run then some real real cars.

lol.........

R1-9... Overrated. Besides they are pretty old, you dont want them to get in bad shape..

I bet some people would wanna see an R32 thru R42 TOMC like as well.^^

lol.........

R1-9... Overrated. Which it looks like you wanna foam over... I bet some people would wanna see an R32 thru R42 TOMC like as well.^^

Yea, you caught me. Maybe that's why I'm very involved with the TM and BERA, unlike you and most of the others here who just take photos and mindlessly speculate about the most trivial of things.

Yea, you caught me. Maybe that's why I'm very involved with the TM and BERA, unlike you and most of the others here who just take photos and mindlessly speculate about the most trivial of things.

You got a lot of talking but none in my face lolz.

Move on like a gentlemen or keep whining...

At least i do other stuff out of NYC Subway system compared to you...

Photography is my key in this!

Go do some railroad and/or traveling eh..........

I worked in the transit museum. I've brought that up more than once. I'm not just talking from the sidelines, I got my hands dirty with those trains more than once. heck, one of older gents taught me how to use the interlocking machine.

Well excuse me all to hell. I guess because you've touched those trains "once or twice" in some unknown context, and a retired tower operator showed you how to squeeze a trigger and push GRS signal levers in and out, that you must know more than people who actually service the trains...

One of our nostaglia trips nearly ended early when the set DIED mid trip. unforntuliy, I was on the "hold down the fort" list that weekend, so I only got that information from the other staff members.

Condition of museum equipment changes frequently. The V's ARE the 2nd most reliable piece of museum equipment. They've had a lot of work done in them in recent years or did you not notice when they got the correct air compressors under them for one? As far as information you got 2nd hand it don't mean shit. The V's ran great this year. As far as anything that happened last year, you don't know as much as you like to think you do.

Shall I get the popcorn???

And mark1447 sorry buddy but I disagree...if anything the Arnines are FAR from overrated and they're the best thing we have in the museum. The TOMC gives too many problems, hence their new moniker the "Train of Many Problems".

Everyone knows I'd like to see a four or six-car set of Slants run on a fan trip but right now that's highly unlikely.