What are the chances?

LIBusdriver349

So i applied for 2301 "exam" when it first came out....but i'm told there is no actual test....only the BOSS?!....and how likely is it that you get called once they establish a list for it?

also my choices for Depots are as follows (any feedback let me know)

1)Baisley Park

2)Laguardia

3)College Point

4JFK

any feedback much appreciated :)) please and thank you

well is it true that there isn't an actual test?! persay?! other than the BOSS?

also what about Baisley Park? they have what look like mad easy routes haha

LGA is deff my number two choice

then college point

then jfk (because the pay is less)

the notice said they need people in Eastchester and somewhere else

then baisley park LGA, college point jfk and far rockaway

what makes them so great? and i'm not going to eastchester it's too far.....BP is number one the routes look mad easy (am i wrong)

then LGA then College point

and did anyone else hear that there's no test?

Well, LIB's routes are mad easy compared to the majority of NYC routes... but I don't think there are as many routes per depot (if you work Mitchel right now)

From what I've heard after you apply they'll mail you a random list number. Then they'll call people in order of that number for BOSS test and other pre-employment stuff. No civil service exam like T/O or C/R.

well is it true that there isn't an actual test?! persay?! other than the BOSS?

also what about Baisley Park? they have what look like mad easy routes haha

LGA is deff my number two choice

then college point

then jfk (because the pay is less)

the notice said they need people in Eastchester and somewhere else

then baisley park LGA, college point jfk and far rockaway

Look what ever you do, don't pick into Far rock, jfk or spring creek cause those are ATU depots. Now EC,BP,CP,LGA and yo are TWU local 100. Now most likely you will not see BP for a pick or yonkers that's because those are some depots which its hard for new guys to claim up in sonority. If you do get in that's good for you, but I can tell you the depots you really going to see on that list is CP,LGA and EC that's because those are the bigger depots in the MTA BuS system. Now let's just say you get stuck in EC, don't get discourage you can always pick out when the system pick come around which is once a year around jan. I'm getting ready to go back to LGA when the system pick comes around at the end of the year. Anything else you want to know ask. And oh the money depots are CP and LGA, then EC.

Look what ever you do, don't pick into Far rock, jfk or spring creek cause those are ATU depots. Now EC,BP,CP,LGA and yo are TWU local 100. Now most likely you will not see BP for a pick or yonkers that's because those are some depots which its hard for new guys to claim up in sonority. If you do get in that's good for you, but I can tell you the depots you really going to see on that list is CP,LGA and EC that's because those are the bigger depots in the MTA BuS system. Now let's just say you get stuck in EC, don't get discourage you can always pick out when the system pick come around which is once a year around jan. I'm getting ready to go back to LGA when the system pick comes around at the end of the year. Anything else you want to know ask. And oh the money depots are CP and LGA, then EC.

I think that even the ATU depots would be a raise for an LIB operator.

I think that even the ATU depots would be a raise for an LIB operator.

Yes you right but if he have the chance to pick into TWU with more money why not, plus with ATU he only can pick into two depots( far rock n jfk) where with TWU he can pick into ( BP,CP,LGA,YO andECH) every year if he don't like the depots. But that's until they finally merge with TA and OA which that's coming real soon. Until now I would go with TWU depots if he have a good chance.

wow thanks guys these are better pieces of advice i thought i'd get....well here's the thing i really don't want to pick into JFK and Far Rock but on the exam sheet it gave salary and benefits for JFK, FAR ROCK, Yonkers, Eastchester, College Point, Baisley Park, and LGA.....that's how i came up with the order

i like BP because all the routes seem mad easy and they have a lot of orion buses lol

i like LGA because i like the q100, 33 etc i like their routes too because they seem mad easy

then college point cause they got orion v cngs haha and some decent routes.

but what are the actual CHANCES of me getting hired from this list?

but what are the actual CHANCES of me getting hired from this list?

There's always a chance; you just wait until you receive your list number, then you wait some more til MTA calls you for pre-employment appointment (hiring stages). Simple.

When? Who knows. The filing is still in the air.

and i'm hoping this won't happen and i won't even get called for like a year and a half or two years.....is that logical or will it be way before then?

The question you're asking is thrown up right now since no one knows when MTA will start from the list; they still have other lists to run through at the moment. You haven't even received your list number yet; so say your number is 6000, you can expect 3-4 years from now --- that's not an approximate number, just something to think about.

Yes you right but if he have the chance to pick into TWU with more money why not, plus with ATU he only can pick into two depots( far rock n jfk) where with TWU he can pick into ( BP,CP,LGA,YO andECH) every year if he don't like the depots. But that's until they finally merge with TA and OA which that's coming real soon. Until now I would go with TWU depots if he have a good chance.

So what are you trying to say ?? That none of ATU depots will ever merge with the great T.A. that were bottom scum??

That's a question you'd have to ask ATU - they negotiate the contracts with MTA of course.

I don't have to ask nothing to nobody "transit BX" is trying to say that ATU depots are no good well being at spring creek I'm comfortable , yes we may get the contracts late then TWU but personally that only makes the retro checks! Even sweeter...booyah

I don't have to ask nothing to nobody "transit BX" is trying to say that ATU depots are no good well being at spring creek I'm comfortable , yes we may get the contracts late then TWU but personally that only makes the retro checks! Even sweeter...booyah

Yo slow your roll, tell me where the hell I said ATU are scums and ect. I said if he have a chance to pick into TWU depots to do so that's all. Now there is nothing wrong with ATU when I use to work for CT Transit I was ATU local 443, who would not want to go for a better and stronger union.

Yo slow your roll, tell me where the hell I said ATU are scums and ect. I said if he have a chance to pick into TWU depots to do so that's all. Now there is nothing wrong with ATU when I use to work for CT Transit I was ATU local 443, who would not want to go for a better and stronger union.

Lol stronger union , now and days no union is strong like it was back in the days , I mean a layoff clause in the contract , you give alittle to take alittle but hey thats my opinion and you have urs so may the force be with you my son

Good day to you sir listening to my music MOBB DEEP , Shook ones

Lol stronger union , now and days no union is strong like it was back in the days , I mean a layoff clause in the contract , you give alittle to take alittle but hey thats my opinion and you have urs so may the force be with you my son

Good day to you sir listening to my music MOBB DEEP , Shook ones

Your absolutely right that the unions now and days is not as strong as they was back in the days, but like I said I never said ATU are scums and ect. At the end of the day we all getting grown man and women money weather your getting paid 26.92 or 29.96. At least we all have a job at the end of the day where ppl would love to be in our positions and the money we all making.

Archived