Fantasy Map (NYC Subway)

VWM

I would extend the (M) from Metropolitan Avenue up to a station on Queens Blvd to make it easier and faster to get from the middle of the Queens Blvd Line to the Myrtle and Jamaica Lines.

Don't forget about the 2nd Avenue subway and the extension of the (7) to 34th Street and 10th or 11th Avenue.

I see that on the IRT Nostrand Avenue Line, you have a station on Avenue S, and the next one downtown is on Avenue U. Just 2 blocks? Spread out the stations a bit.

Overall, pretty nice.

I would extend the (M) from Metropolitan Avenue up to a station on Queens Blvd to make it easier and faster to get from the middle of the Queens Blvd Line to the Myrtle and Jamaica Lines.

Don't forget about the 2nd Avenue subway and the extension of the (7) to 34th Street and 10th or 11th Avenue.

I see that on the IRT Nostrand Avenue Line, you have a station on Avenue S, and the next one downtown is on Avenue U. Just 2 blocks? Spread out the stations a bit.

Overall, pretty nice.

I like the (M) idea, but I am WAY to lazy to draw around everything to make the (T) and

(7) extentions. This was hell to edit as is. As for Avenue S and U, I might combine them

I like it a lot. Why not go further into Queens?

Extend the F to 268 Street. Four track the line from 179 Street to Springfield Blvd. Have an extended rush hour T line run Between Springfield Blvd and Church Ave. Extend the E via Archer Ave and Merrick Blvd to Springfield Blvd. There are countless other extensions to other boros, but you get the idea.

Version 2.0 RELEASED :cool:

link

(A) Service unchanged

(C) Service Extended to Jacob Riis Park

(E) Weekdays Extended to Clinton Wharf

(K) Extended to Inwood- 207 St

(;) Extended to Norwood 205 St Rush hours

(D) Service Unchanged From V1 <D>West End Express Peak Direction

(F) Service Unchanged <F>Culver Express Peak Direction

(V) Service Unchanged from V1

(N) Runs Crosstown From Astoria to Broadway, replaces 125 St Shuttle

(R) Service Unchanged from V1

(Q) Runs Along 2nd Avenue to 125 St

(W) Extended to Clinton Wharf All Times Weekends and Late Nites Runs CLinton Wharf-57 St

(G) Unchanged

(L) Extended to Brighton Beach. <L> Canarsie Express Service Implemented.

(T) Runs 2nd avenue Local From 125 St to 14 St. (Phases 1-about complete 3)

(J) Sevice UNchanged from V1

(M) Extended to 230 St/ Alley Pond Park Middays Extended to Bay Pkway.

Evenings Extended to 36 St Weekends and Late Nite Extended to Broad St

(Z) Now Sea Beach Express

(P) Service Unchanged from V1

(1) Service Unchanged

(2) Service Unchanged from V1

(3) Rush Hours Extended to 242 St Van Cortlandt Park

(9) Runs Express in Bronx Reverse Peak Direction (From Manhattan AM to Manhattan PM) Runs Express on Dyre Av Branch, Late Nites + Weekend Terminates at St. Nicholas Av, Otherwise Service unchanged from V1

(4) Service Unchanged Implemented <4>Woodlawn Express Peak Direction

(5)Extended to Oriental Av Rush Hour. Middats, Evening, and Weekend Extended to Avenues T-U/Kings Plaza. Late Nite Shuttle Extended to Brooklyn Bridge

(6) Extended to Bowling Green All Times

(7) Extended to Javits Center, Service unchanged elsewhere from V1

For Mets Shuttle Service and Yankees Shuttle Service, See Map

42 St (S) Unchanged

Franklin (S) Unchanged

Rockaway Shuttle Unchanged From V1

125 St Shuttle Discontinued

Sheepshead Bay Shuttle Discontinued

Actually, if u read the top left, it's just a funny thing i decided to put in because there's an underworld enterance in Central park in the Percy Jackson Books.

Just kinda like an Easter Egg, Just not hidden.

Here's my line to line suggestions-

A Division

(1) Fine the way it is.

(2) Fine the way it is.

(3) Reroute it to North Riverdale from 225 Street-Broadway via Henry Hudson Parkway.

(4) Extend it to Kings Plaza via Utica Avenue.

(5) Eliminate the rush hour service to Gun Hill Road.

(6) Fine the way it is.

(7) Extend it to 14 Street via the (K).

( 9 ) Fine the way it is.

B Division

(A) Fine the way it is.

(B) Fine the way it is.

(C) Extend it to Breezy Point.

(D) Cut it to Gun Hill Road.

(E) Fine the way it is.

(F) Extend it to Springfield Boulevard via Hillside Avenue & make it Culver Express from Bergen Street to Church Avenue.

(G) Extend it to Church Avenue via Culver Local

(J) Fine the way it is.

( K ) Reroute it on 8th Avenue between 42 Street-PABT and 14 Street.

(L) Fine the way it is.

( M ) Discontinue the rush hour service to...

36 Street-

Because there is no way to layup. At least extend it to 9th Avenue.

Bay Parkway-

Because of the <D>.

You can't use the switches because the (M) and the <D> both use the switches.

There will be delays.

(MS) Eliminate it.

(N) Cut it to 2nd Avenue-125 Street.

(P) Make a rush hour <P> that runs between Jamaica Center and Mets-Willets Point to replace the (MS).

(Q) Extend it to Broadway-125 Street via the (N).

(R) Reroute it to Jamaica-179 Street via the (W).

(S) Make it how the old (HH) used to go. Euclid Avenue-Breezy Point-Far Rockaway(via Hammels Wye)-Euclid Avenue. Rename it the (H).

(T) Extend it to South Ferry or Brooklyn southbound and to Gun Hill Road via 3rd Avenue northbound.

(U) Where does it terminate southbound? Otherwise fine the way it is.

(U) Rename it the 86 Street (S)

(V) Fine the way it is.

(W) Reroute to Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard via the (R).

(YS) Eliminate it.

( Z ) Cut it to Kings Highway.

Trainfaninfinity-

I'm not going for reality here. It's called FANTASY for a reason.

on your ideas...

on switching the (W)(R) i did it reliever the amount of stops on the (R)

(Z) supposed to be the (NX) can't be the (NX) w/o stopping at coney island but yeah probubly outside rush hour it'll be cut back

(4) if it was going that way, what would serve new lots late nites....

(M) oops.

The (H) is no more because it was a shuttle and it was cut back for a reason.

No (T) south of 14 St. Why? Too hard to edit.

(F) going to fix the placement of <F> stations

the (K) gives upper and lower west side service, just decided to make it go to javits center. no changes for the (K)

(3) ???

• 2 weeks later...

No subway train can ever utilize the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. The bridge was built and designed by Robert Moses a car advocate and a major highway proponent. He made the ramps on the bridge extremely steep so it would be too steep for trains. Next he made multiple sharp turns toward the bridge's approaches so trains can go up there, and even if it can he made the bridge extremely light so it can't support any subway trains. The only thing that might be able to cross the bridge in the future is light rail/streetcar.

VERSION #3

check it out -> link <-

Major differeces

(2) and (5) terminals switched in Bronx. Select Rush hour (5) trains terminate @ Pelham Parkway on Dyre Av Branch.

(P) Eliminated

(9) No longer goes to SI or Bronx, Rector-238 or 242 St. Peak direction uses Broadway Express Track

(8) created to fill in southern portion of (P) route

(Y) created to fill in Whitestone Portion of (P)

(10) Created to fill in Bronx Portion of (P)

New orange (H) runs 57 St-Rocakaway Pkwy Canarsie Exp

(M) Runs to Bay Pkwy Via Culver Shuttle. Select RH trains run to Bay Parkway on the West End Line... (i should fix that..)

(V) Extended to Avenue X

New Crosstown (P) runs on the Metropolitan Ave Part of (V) in Queens

New (U) and (Y) lines

(U) Astoria Blvd Local 5 av 59 St - Broad Channel via Woodhaven Blvd

(Y) Astoria Blvd Local 5 Av 59 St- Locust Point Dr via College Point

(Z) terminates @ Kings highway MIddays and Evenings

(3) extended to JFK

(K) Bronx Crosstown

(6) and (7) extended to Co-op city

Enjoy! Comment, and leave ideas or sugggestions!

My changes would include (and again, this is FANTASY):

The (M) as it is now for real.

A revival of the old (MJ) line, but as a new (W) train that would join the Montauge Street line at Metrotech (underground) and then go to Whitehall weekends/overnights and Astoria other times.

(E) and/or (J) extended to Belmont Park (especially since by the time such an extension took place, Belmont likely will be a Racino).

A revival of the old (MJ) line, but as a new (W) train that would join the Montauge Street line at Metrotech (underground) and then go to Whitehall weekends/overnights and Astoria other times.

(E) and/or (J) extended to Belmont Park (especially since by the time such an extension took place, Belmont likely will be a Racino).

I like the (MJ) , but for a belmont ext... i'm thinking of sending the (E)(J)(Z) farther east so I think it will be the (E), i have different plans for the (J)(Z)

I like the (MJ) , but for a belmont ext... i'm thinking of sending the (E)(J)(Z) farther east so I think it will be the (E), i have different plans for the (J)(Z)

Archived