Newkirk Av-Plaza

Calvin

you're late again.

How so? Not everybody would know right away about the station re-naming.

Wow, can't believe the station was renamed. This re-christening makes sense, considering that the station exits are in the middle of the plaza and not actually at Newkirk Avenue itself.

It shouldn't be long before the (MTA) site is updated with this. With the September schedules, I'm guessing.

How so? Not everybody would know right away about the station re-naming.

Wow, can't believe the station was renamed. This re-christening makes sense, considering that the station exits are in the middle of the plaza and not actually at Newkirk Avenue itself.

It shouldn't be long before the (MTA) site is updated with this. With the September schedules, I'm guessing.

I guess they want to do a "Welcome to the New Brighton Line" way of doing this!

yeah, that specific area's been known as newkirk plaza, b/c of the stores above & around the subway tracks on street level.... it's nothin more than a bunch of newsstands & other mom & pop stores surrounding the "plaza"...

To me, this renaming was most likely a way of them sayin 'We at the MTA are sorry for any loss of business during construction, and here's our way of making it up to each & every one of you business owners'.... I don't think it'll actually bring anymore ppl. to the area, but I guess they can give it the good ole college try.....

think about it... why was the subway station never "officially" called Newkirk plaza before construction took place.....

anyway, good for them....

Archived