Apple Co-Founder and CEO Steve Jobs Resigns

R68 Subway Car

Will Apple suffer without Steve Jobs as CEO?  

1. 1. Will Apple suffer without Steve Jobs as CEO?

• Yes. He is so closely involved with the products they create.
    • No. There are many smart people at Apple who will keep the company on track.
    • I'm not sure.

Good bye and good riddance... I feel for Jobs personally, but I hate Apple. Apple is nothing more than a company who fools its customers into believing that the "Made in China" overpriced garbage that they sell is really worth what the charge for it. NOT. What's sad is folks don't realize that this so called "American" company is raking in the profits and shipping more jobs overseas instead of creating jobs for Americans here. :mad: :tdown: I refuse to support their rhetoric too.

I'd wager that you support outsourcing much, much more than you think you do. Apple's outsourcing is disgusting and obvious, but when the entire country has outsourced, it's no real shocker.

I'm most unimpressed by Jobs's decision never to donate to charity, personally or through the company. Really disgusting for such a rich man and company.

At the same time, I do think this incredibly sad: he has to step down from his dream job and dream company because he's a dying man. Good luck to him.

MHV not defending Mr. Jobs, as i don't know much about him but gotta say this. He is probably 'cheap' but to be fair he could have 'donated' to charity 'private' and not want media attention. Right after his death last year,the world did not know the tens of millions of dollars George Steinbrenner 'secretly' donated.

The "Yankees Boss' without no media attention paid tens of millions to say dozens of cancer patients and also the wives/children of firemen and police officers in both NYC and his Tampa homes. This used to often occur after watching the local NY or Fla. newscasts or reading in the papers about them.

Assusming he did not I donate every a penny, then i agree Jobs is disgusting. Even Bill Gates who in his younger days was also called 'cheap' at least has donated hundred of millions of dollars to 'charities' worldwide especially since he got married and had a kid.

I wish Jobs the best as well as someone myself who lost several family members and friends to cancer.;)

I think the stockholders of Apple are in better shape than the current fiscal siuation of America and the planet so that my vote.:confused:

Apple will probably be a little better off now that Jobs doesn't have to worry about Apple stock and day to day operations and concentrate more on new products as long as long as his health permits it of course.

Time will tell. Personally, I think the Iphone was the best thing to happen to me phone wise. Has its kinks sometimes but I never regret my purchases. I don't worship the company persay as I've never owned a MAC but I can't ignore that my experience with them has been rather enjoyable.

Apple will probably be a little better off now that Jobs doesn't have to worry about Apple stock and day to day operations and concentrate more on new products as long as long as his health permits it of course.

Great point Harry. That will probably happen. My last comments was of course one of my corny jokes lol being 'half serious' tying in how apple with both Jobs and his stockholders are in much better shape than most people investing on Wall St both here at home and aboard are.:confused:

I'd wager that you support outsourcing much, much more than you think you do. Apple's outsourcing is disgusting and obvious, but when the entire country has outsourced, it's no real shocker.

Really? And what made you wager that?? I'm one the biggest protectionists on this board aside from Subway Guy.

The problem are greedy capitalist corporations that will outsource to death to make a buck, to the point it's hard to avoid outsourced goods.

You got it wrong dude. You need to start blaming the US government for having the highest corporate taxes in the world. I believe only one other country in the world has higher corporate taxes. The US is taxing the hell out of these corporations. It's not fair to them either

With all the crazy spending the US does it puts the burden on these corporations. Then the corporations say screw you I'm moving production out of this country where the taxes won't eat us up. I truly believe if corporate taxes weren't so high alot of these corporations would still be producing here in the states where the jobs are needed.

You wear boutique European shoes, jackets, and sunglasses, and proudly refer to them when you describe your commute. You shop at Whole Foods, a company which has actually stated that their foods are still organic even though they're made in China. Etc. etc.

Look, I'm not saying that wearing foreign clothing or shopping at Whole Foods is bad, not by a long shot (pricey though). But you can't claim you're a true protectionist when you support outsourcing so frequently -- I don't claim I am, because I honestly do have a lot of goods made in China.

You, me, the consumer, we're not the problem. We don't intend to support outsourcing, but we often do without even thinking about it. If I run to the bodega at midnight to buy a name brand good, I care what's in stock, not where it's made. The problem are greedy capitalist corporations that will outsource to death to make a buck, to the point it's hard to avoid outsourced goods.

That's not outsourcing. That's just buying quality goods from another country. Believe me, I am well aware of the country of origin in terms of what I buy and if I buy Made in Italy, or Made in Spain, or Made in Germany, it is because these products are of high quality. It is not as if these products are outsourced by American companies. These are products made by Italian companies who proudly produce their products in Italy. Same thing for the stuff I get from Spain and Germany. I buy a TON of American products and actually do search for and buy Made in USA clothing made by American companies.

Today is a perfect example. My shirt and pants are both "Made in USA" and is worn w/pride. :cool: My belt is actually from a Spanish company that is Made in Spain and the shoes are from an Italian company Made in Italy. Let me just say that Made in USA doesn't come cheap anymore, especially when talking about clothing and you have to really look for it, but it is out there, so by no means do I go and buy outsourced products. There are even a few small American companies up in Maine that I support that make some hand made pieces for me and they are doing very well right now even in this economy because people do want quality and do want Made in USA, even if it costs a bit more.

Whole Foods does have some Made in China things, but believe me I check everything that I buy and research them very carefully, so I don't buy those things. Just about everything I buy from Whole Foods is made right here in the U.S. and I also love to buy things made here in NY where possible like fresh produce and such to support our local economy, and the other things are imports from Italy and such. You have to understand that places like Whole Foods is a specialty store, and as such, they will not only carry Made in USA products, but also lots of imports of the finest products available and the prices in some cases can reflect that.

I mean when I want really good prosciutto, I'm going to go to a specialty store and pick up a nice Prosciutto di Parma from Italy or if I want good jamón, I'll go to good Spanish place that has jamón from Spain. That only makes sense.

I support a lot of small American companies who manufacture up in Maine or California and such and these companies are very much vested in manufacturing here in th U.S. and supporting the U.S. economy and those are type of companies that I like to support and purchase my goods from. They give back to their communities and are environmentally responsible. :cool:

My two cents on this.

If anyone has watched the WWDC conferences over the years(or Apple Developers Conferences), you'd know that Steve Jobs is pretty much the equivalent to Reggie Fils-Aime of Nintendo's E3 conferences. They both have a way to draw in crowds and such as they are really good at showing off the products. Steve Jobs is pretty much the one person everyone has had their eye on since the iPod Classic, because he was making moves that other companies wouldnt dare try. I'm not surprised that he stepped down. Health-wise, he's not doing too good at all. This year alone he almost had 3-4 strokes.

Substantially, nothing is going to happen with Apple. Their products might take a sharp turn to new ideas and such soon enough. With the way they've been dominating the mobile & music market (as much as I hate to say it), they dont really have much to worry about except for the new release of the iPhone 5 which is rumored to be out in October.

Now when it comes down to iOS vs Android, this will be really interesting to see. In the coming months, I believe its either Motorola or HTC will be rolling out a new phone with the new Android "Ice Cream Sandwich" firmware, at the same time, iOS 5 is now in beta 6. The latest beta build of iOS took a page off of Android's book with the drop-down notification bar.

All in all, this will be a most interesting 4th Quarter this year. Honestly, I do think Android has a rather small advantage now since most of these patent cases should be put on hold now, which includes the rather recent and ever-so infamous capacitive touchscreen & mulit-touch patents that Apple tried to win. So HTC and the rest of the Android family may have an edge now. This will be a most interesting holiday season for the mobile market, so keep your eyes peeled!

The I-Pod and I-Phone are technological marvels that will survive on its own. They really do not need Steve Jobs on this point. He has laid the blueprint.

However, there is always that one person that can potentially **** it up for the entire company. Steve Jobs laid out the road map for the macbook and the iPad/iPod/iPhone products, he also laid out the road map for the slowly growing Apple TV (a product to stream to the TV, not an actual TV).

Speaking of Apple, they are taking a page off of Sony's book and they are trying to make their own brand TVs!

Archived