Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Roadify - One App. Any Commute.

RoadifyDylan

Name: Roadify NYC

Price: Free

Platform: iPhone, SMS (Text Messaging)

Coverage: New York City Transit Subway & Bus, MTA Bus, Parking, Traffic

Roadify combines the best schedules and alerts from transit authorities with live updates from riders. By covering subways, buses, and cars (commuter rail and ferries coming soon!), Roadify is the most comprehensive app for New York commuters.

The free app includes official maps, schedules and alerts as well as a unique capability allowing riders to report delays, changes and funny happenings as they happen. This popular approach helped Roadify take home Grand Prize at this year’s NYC BigApps Competition, a city-sponsored contest to create New York-centric apps.

Roadify is excited to be developing an update that will expand its coverage to more modes of transit, including the LIRR and MetroNorth, as well as to more areas, like neighboring NJTransit. The local start up is also pioneering an interface that will allow riders to compare their favorite routes on one screen, with no searching or tapping.

The Roadify guys are always open to feedback and would love to hear what you think and how Roadify can improve. Dylan (RoadifyDylan on the forum) and Dan (RoadifyDan) are active on the Forum, but can also be reached at dev@roadify.com. They also promise to give us some sneak peeks of the new app, which is expected to roll out in early October. An Android app will also be coming soon.

Download Roadify’s iPhone app for free at app.net/Roadify.

To use the text message service (still in development), text ROAD to 95495. Standard texting rates apply but nothing more.

roadify_screenshot01.pngroadify_screenshot02.png

roadify_screenshot03.pngroadify_screenshot04.png

If you have any questions or comments about the Roadify app please post them here in this thread.

Is there an ETA for the Android version?

Eastman346- Hoping to get an Android app out by the end of this year. It's a matter of finding the funds to do it, but no one is more excited about its potential than Dan and I.

Download this app it is awesome. I have it myself.

Thanks RedBirds. Always great to hear that people are liking it! Keep in touch with ideas/ reactions, etc.

Alright let me go to the app store and look for it.

(downloads the app and installs it)

Hey it's pretty good, I like it. Just need to get used to it. Great work.

Alright let me go to the app store and look for it.

(downloads the app and installs it)

Hey it's pretty good, I like it. Just need to get used to it. Great work.

Would love to hear how we can make it better. Have you received any Thanks in the app? That's one area where I think we can make have a better flow.

The quick answer is "Absolutely!". Kind of a nerdy question, but do you find that most of your BBerry apps are web based? Which transit apps do you currently use for BB?

I use NYCSubway by Rail Bandit. its an app that also works when offline.

I use NYCSubway by Rail Bandit. its an app that also works when offline.

Thanks for the info. RailBandit has a lot of good stuff in it. Just a shame it's $6! In Roadify V2.0, we'll have all the subway and rail data local on the phone so it too can be accessible underground. Then all we have to do is make an Android app and a BBerry app!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's some info to help out on the Blackberry versions. The Developers kit is available free on Blackberry's website. For full device line coverage, building it for BB devices using OS 5, 6, and 7. to get the core users, and make your lives easier, just OS 6 and 7. but it gets really easier really soon. When you complete the Android version, you can easily port it (kits on BB site too) for download to the Blackberry PlayBook tablet and release that basically at the same time. Theres no NYC Subway apps for the PlayBook yet. In the fall, "Blackberry 10" phones come out. These will use the same OS as the Playbook so all you may have to change is the screen size.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody! Version 2.0 of our iPhone app just came out and it is a beast! With its new interface, Roadify now supports MTA Subway and Buses, LIRR and MetroNorth, Staten Island Ferry, PATH, New Jersey Rail and Bus, Downtown Connection and the Roosevelt Island Tram. Wow.

We're getting some great reviews in iTunes so I'd love it if you guys would check it out on your iPhones, iPods and iPads: App Store - Roadify - Train, Subway, Bus, Ferry & Parking

To my Android friends, progress has been slow on this front and I offer my sincerest of apologies. We love you folks too and know that it's frustrating to not have it on both platforms. Stay tuned!

• 2 months later...

Archived