The NJ Transit Hurricane Recovery Thread

mfs NJT459

More Evacuations in New Jersey. The water levels in some areas have reached 5 feet, and continue to rise. 270,000 still without power. Looks like this thread will be open for quite some time to come.

Systemwide cross-honoring still in effect for all trains, buses, PBL's, and PATH.

Yikes. Not just Jersey but closeby to me in the Catskills especially Ulster, Del. and Greene Counties it's still in bad shape as well. All i can say is i offer a prayer for the victims of this.:P

Also, is NJT still parking its Oradell fleet at Paramus Park Mall? The fleet was moved there to protect it from flooding prior to Irene.

If you seen the pic of Oradell from NJT's website after the Hurricane, I'll bet two things:

One - Paramus Park Mall is still hosting NJT Oradell

Two - Oradell is gonna have to find a new location SOON so this wont happen again, as well as Market Street.

Just heard President Obama is going to be visiting Paterson.

Sirjoka how far is the actual location of the Oradell Garage from Paramus Park Mall? I know when I went to Oradell one of the guys told us its not that far. I remember when we came back with some of those 7600 series we came back down the Garden State Parkway.

If you seen the pic of Oradell from NJT's website after the Hurricane, I'll bet two things:

One - Paramus Park Mall is still hosting NJT Oradell

Two - Oradell is gonna have to find a new location SOON so this wont happen again, as well as Market Street.

HOLY CRAP! I just saw those pics....that's insane! It looks like they didn't get all the buses out in time in one of those pics....which would explain a Ironbound guy doing the 166x Tuesday afternoon. He was NOT a happy camper!

HOLY CRAP! I just saw those pics....that's insane! It looks like they didn't get all the buses out in time in one of those pics....which would explain a Ironbound guy doing the 166x Tuesday afternoon. He was NOT a happy camper!

Man, those photos are something else. Just wow.

Just heard President Obama is going to be visiting Paterson.

Sirjoka how far is the actual location of the Oradell Garage from Paramus Park Mall? I know when I went to Oradell one of the guys told us its not that far. I remember when we came back with some of those 7600 series we came back down the Garden State Parkway.

Oradell garage is next to the GSP, near exit 165 going towards Oradell Avenue. If you're travelling Northbound GSP taking 165, you're making a right turn towards Oradell Ave. If you look to your left while you're exiting GSP, that is Paramus Park Mall, and the parking lot where they were storing the MCI's. Practically, 15 minute walk or a 4 minute ride by car/bus.

He wasn't happy? Stunning. I'd thought he'd be happy, especially if that was a P/Timer. MORE $$$$ IN HIS POCKET. Shoot, if that happened, and I was in Meadowlands and they told me they need me to do a 159 or a 156 since the garage is messed up, just gimme my 45 and I'ma get going. No back door, suckers. You want out, come in the front, so I know ya cheap ass paid. lol

• 1 month later...

So the River Line continues to operate on a "modified" Sunday Schedule which includes 1 AM Express Trip to Trenton, 1 AM Trip to Trenton from Burlington South, 1 AM Trip to Camden from Burlington Town Center. Does anybody have any idea how long the repairs will take?

• 2 weeks later...
So the River Line continues to operate on a "modified" Sunday Schedule which includes 1 AM Express Trip to Trenton, 1 AM Trip to Trenton from Burlington South, 1 AM Trip to Camden from Burlington Town Center. Does anybody have any idea how long the repairs will take?

not long I'd go ask my NJT friend about it

If you have a friend at NJT then wtf are you here spamming this forum with nonsense?

a bit harsh but owell nuff said I gathered the info I needed to complete all my ideas now I need to get some info from my friend on next steps. I have so much to do so I need to finish other things first like completing college first

Archived