The NYC Subway Hurricane Recovery Thread

mark1447

I finished around midnight at 179, didn't see those... I'll assume you're Midnights.

TWU is stating that our contract allows us to pay precisely because of the weather conditions... but you know a lot of people didn't get paid for snow day.

http://www.twulocal100.org/node/25499

Well State Of Emergency is called in New York State making them available for $$$$$$$ From Obama. If thats the case TA will be well compensated for shutting down the system on thier accord.

BTW cant send you the mess check your settings..

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. No one will ride public transportation during hurricane/typhoon.

Little off-peak, before moving to NYC.

When I was living with my grandmother in Japan, there was typhoon hit South Island and I did not see any people waiting for bus or taxi during eye of typhoon.

I agree. No one will ride public transportation during hurricane.

Last trains are leaving thier Termainls bet 1200 and 1300 hrs after that they are getting layed up...

So any EFF who even THINKS they are going to catch a Subway train after 1500 hrs(Give or take the length of the last run) is crazy,dumb and stupid.

Last trains are leaving thier Termainls bet 1200 and 1300 hrs after that they are getting layed up...

So any EFF who even THINKS they are going to catch a Subway train after 1500 hrs(Give or take the length of the last run) is crazy,dumb and stupid.

but that's 85% of NYC.. LOL

but that's 85% of NYC.. LOL
maybe more lol but yea they had the announcements on the new PA/CIS all day and it was loud and clear. so i would hope with the news reports and the announcements they wouldnt be stupid enough to go running at 1500 for a bus or train

I finished around midnight at 179, didn't see those... I'll assume you're Midnights.

TWU is stating that our contract allows us to pay precisely because of the weather conditions... but you know a lot of people didn't get paid for snow day.

http://www.twulocal100.org/node/25499

damn thanks for posting that ! i might not go in now lol........

they should of said that during the dec. blizzard... i couldnt go in and i got Docked a damn days pay !!!

LIRR/MNR/NJT/AMTK: The last trains have LEFT the NYC terminals. There is later inbound service at many occasions.

The last revenue trains arrive at their final stops:

LIRR: 14:25 (NYP from Port Wash)

MNRR: 14:05 (Wassaic)

NJT: 15:53 (Port Jervis)

PMs but they had it on the two bulletin boards I saw yesterday. I think it went up around 9pm or so. It's possible they hadn't gotten it up at 179 yet. It was a union RTO bulletin signed by KH, JC, and LI though...not an "official" one signed by JJ.

If anybody has information as to where trains are being stored through out the system, please fill me in..

I would love to see pictures of where all this equipment is being stored. Certainly, yards are not big enough to hold all it's trains/buses.

Archived