The NYC Subway Hurricane Recovery Thread

mark1447

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't the (A) run local at one point during weekdays when the JFK express was in service?

In Brooklyn along the Fulton Line. In Manhattan the (A) ran express and the old (K) aka "AA" made all stops between 168th and WTC.

The (C) then the (CC) ran also during rush hours only between Bedford Park and Euclid and also on certain trips to/from Rockaway Park. Prior to 1976, the (E) was extended to Euclid rush hours.

Just out of curiosity since it takes 8 hours to start the system up,have any trains started passenger service yet?

EDIT: The radio is saying that if passengers are waiting at platforms they can be picked up. From there they would make the regular station stops.

Meanwhile, there are those who continue to whine and feel the city and state overreacted and no shutdown should have happened, especially those who remember that there was no shutdown when Gloria hit in 1985.

What they forget is in many cases the ground was already saturated from record rainfall two weeks ago, and if Irene (which, BTW, did directly hit New York) came into NYC as a Cat. 2 storm as originally forecast as opposed to a Tropical Storm, it would have been far worse and many tunnels would have been flooded. Much of the general public doesn't realize how bad the flooding was in some yards.

They also forget the lawsuit-happy society we now have as opposed to 1985 when Gloria hit, as in some comment pages people remembered that neither Koch or Giuliani ever ordered a shutdown, which either likely would have in 2011 as opposed to when Gloria hit.

Abba: Service is scheduled to start at 6:00 AM.

(MTA) - New York City Subway

With limited exceptions, service will resume across the subway system at 6:00 a.m. Monday morning. Service will be less frequent than normal, and customers should expect longer waits and more crowded trains. Frequency of service will improve over the course of the day.

Exceptions:

(3) trains will operate between 137th Street/City College and New Lots Avenue

Substitute bus service will be provided between Harlem 148th Street and 135th Street connecting with the (2) train.

(C) trains suspended

(A) trains will make all local stops from 207th St. to Lefferts Blvd.

No service in the Rockaways. (Rockaway Blvd. to Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park)

(6) trains runs local in the Bronx

(7) trains run local

(S) Franklin Avenue Shuttle (FAS) Suspended

(N) trains terminate at Kings Highway. Shuttle bus service between Kings Highway and Stillwell Terminal.

At least the subways for most part are back online. Now what about my Metro North LOL.:cry:

Exceptions:

(3) trains will operate between 137th Street/City College and New Lots Avenue

Substitute bus service will be provided between Harlem 148th Street and 135th Street connecting with the (2) train.

(C) trains suspended

(A) trains will make all local stops from 207th St. to Lefferts Blvd.

No service in the Rockaways. (Rockaway Blvd. to Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park)

(6) trains runs local in the Bronx

(7) trains run local

(S) Franklin Avenue Shuttle (FAS) Suspended

(N) trains terminate at Kings Highway. Shuttle bus service between Kings Highway and Stillwell Terminal.

Guest lance25

The (MTA)'s service status page is reporting that all lines are running their normal routes. However, there is still limited service system-wide.

The (MTA)'s service status page is reporting that all lines are running their normal routes. However, there is still limited service system-wide.

The MTA delivered more than they promised! I never thought that could happen.

Well there is service down here in "Zone A". I just saw a Q train and an F train both pulling into West 8th St. Does anyone know how frequent service will be today?

Less frequent than normal at present, but rapidly working its way back to full service levels. Service may be bunched up at times.

"Under-promise, over-deliver" is always good business...as opposed to the alternative.

Was any yard particularly less flood-prone than the others?

240th.

:)

I know someone like Garbaldi would never do it but credit is due to the (MTA).:tup: Personally i thought 'some' subway would not return until this afternoon (8/29) at the earliest and service to the Rockaways as much as couple of days later.

PS Did service on the (C) and (A) Far Rockaway branch return yet?

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 36th Street Station (Brooklyn), uptown (D) trains are running local from the 36th Street Station to the Atlantic Avenue-Pacific Street Station.

Uptown (N) trains are running local from the 59th Street Station to the Atlantic Avenue-Pacific Street Station.

Also, due to ongoing signal problems at the 59th Street-Lexington Avenue Station, uptown (R) trains are running on the (F) line between the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station and the 36th Street Station in Queens.

Uptown (N) and (Q) trains are running with delays.

All other trains operating at normal, or near normal service levels.

(MTA) Rapid Transit Operations

Guest lance25
PS Did service on the (C) and (A) Far Rockaway branch return yet?

I hope (A) is running to Rockaways tomorrow.

(A) train service to the Rockaways was restored sometime before midday.

Archived