First Look @ the NYMTA's New Flyer XD40

The Real

CAS O5 moslty likey will go to Queens & the Bronx to kill any Per 1998 buses. The NG seem to be FP bound to Kill off the 1996 Novas. UP will either lose the 1998 or the ZF to FLA to kill the rest of 1996 Nova. QV had 90 buses to replace with out having to send out anything since the 1998 Novas will become there oldest buses.

I like that assessment Kanarsie Guy, but something tells me that MJQ is going to be in that mix vs Flatbush.. Only way those 1998/ZF buses go to FLA, FLA would need to give up AT LEAST 30 51xx buses to MJQ, which might not happen. 5076 and 5077 are at MJQ already. 5078-5099 are the next ones to be out the door at UP to destination MJQ.. 5100-5124 I have a strong indicator will be FLA bound. (I could be wrong on this anaylsis, but lets see the outcome first).

I like that assessment Kanarsie Guy, but something tells me that MJQ is going to be in that mix vs Flatbush.. Only way those 1998/ZF buses go to FLA, FLA would need to give up AT LEAST 30 51xx buses to MJQ, which might not happen. 5076 and 5077 are at MJQ already. 5078-5099 are the next ones to be out the door at UP to destination MJQ.. 5100-5124 I have a strong indicator will be FLA bound. (I could be wrong on this anaylsis, but lets see the outcome first).

Maybe thats why only #5077-5078 went to MJQ to learn the Tranny better since #5075 lost its ZF.

so when can we expect to see this new puppy (4801) still undergoing inspections?

Close being soon since 4810 has touchdown at Zerega as of 5 hours ago.:(

NOTE: This one will be replacing NG 3999's or 4002 spots @ Castleton being that 3999 has been moved to Yukon / 4002 has been totaled.

It's on display at Queens Village for the time being.

...... inside or outside the depot?

Damaged from fire. Currently retired from this point.

Please tell me that it's outside of QV.

Even if its at queens village yall wont see it , its not coming out and it will not be there for ever .

We wanna get them BEFORE they see the really crappy roads of NYC.

In due time. Anticipation like this for something like this is why we have a gazillion photos of the same bus. (ex, 230, 2400) She just got here let her take her coat off first before rushing her back out.

Archived