Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
NYCTNostalgia

1985 New York City Subway Map

Damn one (D) went to Brighton Beach as the Brighton Express and the (D) Brighton Local went to Stillwell Avenue. Obviously the Brighton Express ran on weekdays. Nice.

Guest lance25

Nice R32s.

If I recall correctly, this was the last year of the (Mx) via Brighton before being rerouted down the West End for the first Brighton rehab project.

• Upvote 1

hmm i got a few old maps lurking here may upload it. Oldest being 1963.

Great upload tho!

• Upvote 1

Wow, I can't believe the (N) train has been running to Astoria for just the last 20 years or so. Also, 6 trains end at Coney Island. Must have been a railfanner's dream (but quite busy, too).

• Upvote 1

If I recall correctly, this was the last year of the (Mx) via Brighton before being rerouted down the West End for the first Brighton rehab project.
And the last time Brighton line residents had 3 choices: Nassau, 6th Av, and Broadway.

Guest lance25

Remember, the (C) only ran during the rush hours, whereas the (K) ran all times except late nights, which allowed the (A) to run express in Manhattan instead of local along its entire route.

There's an old, full map still viewable behind the bars at the mezzanine level of 168 Street (C) line terminal not too far from the East side of Broadway entrance Station Agent booth. There's old movie posters up at Metropolitan Ave (G)/Lorimer St (L) but they're in an area inaccessible to the public.

Cool map. I also think that this design is the best of all. It also seems a bit more accurate in terms of "To scale". Too bad there are no videos from those times. I would like to see the (R) via Astoria, (N) via Queens Blvd, (M) via Brighton, and so on.